Lottery, Racing, etc

do you know where you can find the placements of transpluto ?
If you add h48 to your chart elements on astro.com (this is on the Extended Chart Selection, scroll down and you will see a yellow box, enter h48 there, and it will bring up "Isis" on the chart - note: h48 TransPluto Isis is not the same as asteroid Isis), you should see it. It is a hypothetical planet, but which many appear to have found "works".

Here is one article, by Lynn Koiner:

There are, however, other astrologers who scoff at the notion that any hypothetical planet has any validity whatsoever, but I believe TransPluto was posited owing to anomalous orbits by some observers so I would not be amongst those who dismiss it.

Having said that: if it works in a chart, then use it.

Wehrman mentions another book about it, which refers to "Bacchus", and discusses its rulership of Taurus.

It moves extremely slowly and thus, from the perspective of her system, works for her purposes when contacting/aspecting a transiting planet, natal planet, a cusp or a midpoint, closely.

I have it natally in a prominent place and I have also really felt it as it aspected something in my natal chart by transit.

Ok, thank you ! All about perfectionism

Looked at my 2 winners,

Colin has transpluto conjunct saturn,trad ruler of his 5 th house, so activated as well when he won.

Bruce has transpluto conjunct cusp 6, but it’s retrograde, so it walks back in to the 5 th house. Not activated when he won, nor did tr transpluto hit anything in the chart. Wehrman did mention that transpluto would be connected to the event chart, cusp. Except the cusp of the 6/12th..

So they both have this point of perfectionism connected to their gambling house. I wonder how that worked out. In case of Wehrman herself, it’s quite obvious….

Yes, the event chart seems to be the main thing, and the context is the player's chart.

TransPluto also associated with "self-sufficiency", according to Koiner - big wins making that possible for those who were not self-sufficient prior to the win.

As TP is now in Virgo, and since she estimates that TP rules Virgo, then it is currently in dignity. And Lo..!! We do see all sorts of skills and knowledge being revived in different areas, some are to ease the cost-of-living crisis, etc. During the transit through Leo, people forgot to do all sorts of things, as all those skills became mechanised, chemicalised, or readily available fairly cheaply. Now, the screw has turned, things are going back to basics, so I think TP is also about that: - basic themes, accentuated.

This means also that the question of 'purity' in Virgo may increasingly come to the fore.

During the lengthy transit - applying, exact and departing - that I mentioned above, this accentuation of the planet concerned certainly was the case. The principle of distance in the solar system as applied to astrology is that the further out the planet (or hypothetical planet), the greater its influence, so this theme fits with the far-away TP energy.

And, of course, winning means a huge accentuation of the initial stake paid - €5 into €160million, in some cases.

I like Koiner's article, but I don't think she went far enough into the themes, so there is still learning and research on it to be done.

In a way, Wehrman did a lot more, really. She pinpointed it. Her natal 5h cusp was anaretic degree of Gemini, thus ruled by Mercury, so an intensified Mercury energy used to fine-tune the detail for her gambling activities. Plus, Mercury in diligent Capricorn closely conjunct Sun. Also, Pluto conjunct TransPluto in 6h, with 6h showing the money from 5h activities (6h = 2nd house from 5h).

As you say, it is worth noting that Wehrman's system is not the only interesting one for horse-racing (and perhaps other sports). This writer was reading John Addey's work, who used the Frawley method (using Campanus, not Koch house system) and here is some of his experience with it:

and there are others:
Vedic
Numerology,
etc.

I will look at the Frawley video, and then post some races/picks using that.

Well, I had my lunar return yesterday - and that had a tightly-conjunct Jupiter, Uranus and White Moon Selena in the 8H; Venus just hit my natal Jupiter this morning, and the upcoming full Moon in Scorpio lands right on my POF - so I got a lottery ticket for tonight.

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it. :)

Well, I had my lunar return yesterday - and that had a tightly-conjunct Jupiter, Uranus and White Moon Selena in the 8H; Venus just hit my natal Jupiter this morning, and the upcoming full Moon in Scorpio lands right on my POF - so I got a lottery ticket for tonight.

That’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it. :)
Fingers crossed for you!! :)

There was a lengthy discussion on this very topic (horse-racing) on skyscript and I have attached the link here:

One of the methods discussed was Frawley, who stated that you use the 5h cusp:

keeping the planets constant, you direct the 5h cusp until it makes an aspect (he does not specify, but apparently rates the quincunx highly in connection with this) to a planet or angle, asteroid, etc. and work out the name reference from the connection between the two.

You can see from the discussion that the highly respected Deb Houlding cast the charts for all the horses, read the chart as per usual astrology techniques, and then placed her bets (e.g. not using Frawley or any other especial technique). Her charts were cast also for the beginning of the race (as distinct from Wehrman's method), as per standard astrology teachings.

Using the Frawley method of setting the chart for beginning of race time, and identifying the first aspect made by turned 5h Campanus cusp (28Aq02), looking at the Kentucky Derby chart again:

This would bring Neptune at 29Pis03 as the next aspect (semi-sextile). There is the conjunction to Moon in Aries, and Jupiter (co-ruler Pisces) applying to a sextile from Taurus, so using this method I am going for Mystik Dan, Endlessly (Anaretic, end of zodiac, and Neptune denoting longevity), Epic Ride (Neptune conjunct Pegasus) and not discounting Track Phantom (same reason).

MC is still in late Cancer, in this chart, and the next aspect after Neptune is the quincunx to MC, but I don't know if that is included anywhere in Frawley's method, e.g. 2nd place......?

Chart edited for Frawley method here:

Screen Shot 2024-04-24 at 12.40.34.png

I’m just halfway the frawley sports astrology you tube serie. So much information that I rather need to buy the book and just look in hindsight to important games and sort out which of the indicators I had to choose…

But you can go all the way, I read that she uses next to cusp 5, the time of birth of an horse, different house system ea. And Wehrman used the sun position of the jockey. Together with all the midpoints, loads of houses that can be important etc.
You would also want to know how their natal Neptune and 12 th house works, next to the 5 th. That with astrology as a tool, that They made use of their 6 th sense..

Last edited:
Wahoo!

I did get the first four, and I have won money, but my choice for winner was wrong.

I put Catching Freedom (Venus applying to Ju/Ur), Epic Ride (Ascendant on Mars Ptolomaic terms opposition chart Venus - hanky panky connotation) , Honor Marie (Venus close to Sun) and Sierra Leone (Leo MC on race chart) to win. Sierra Leone was one of the three in the split-second finish line, so that was close.

I had also put Track Phantom, Mystik Dan and Endlessly to win or to be placed in first five positions, and this is where I have won - the odds on Mystik Dan (the winner) at the time of placing my stake were 20-1 (they altered, later), and I had put £2 on a win, and £2 on an "each way", so I have again scored at least £40 for the winning place and also more winnings for the "each way". I am not quite sure why, at the betting shop, I did not put Mystik Dan to win, as he was on my list. Must be Neptune at play...... :)

Also Neptune at play was the fact that it took a few minutes for the win to be determined as it was such a narrow (fractions of a second) timing.

Mystik Dan was not the favourite and was in no way expected to win, which explains the long odds.

My total stake was @27.50, so I am in profit, but I am going to do a forensic examination of the chart to see how the results fit in.

It appears that with this race result, the Frawley method is closer to accuracy (in future, I shall only place money when the two methods agree on the choice, and will place stakes both to win and to be placed in first five). Also, it appears the astrology superseded the pundits.

All good practice, and all good for the Learning Curve :)

Here is another one, for those who are still following the thread - Paris, Longchamps, 3pm on 12 May 24:

I am currently favouring international races and as I write this, I notice that this is a 9h connotation, which also corresponds to Sagittarius which, in turn, corresponds to horses. So.

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 08.51.23.png

Last edited:
Yes, don’t have Wehrman’s book.
But here I would think of moon in Pisces in the 8 th; mystic Dan🥹
But indeed, can relate to your options as well
2nd one; sun in 10 conjunct Venus in taurus, society man
3 rd one, mercury conjunct cheiron in Aries 10 and node; epic ride
Hope others join as well
lol, I had the first one right, mystic Dan.

Congratulations Etherea👍😎

Runners are named as follows:

Henry Longfellow
Unquestionable
Beauvatier
Ramadan
AtLast
Diego Velazquez
Rosallion
Mountain Bear
Zabiari
Sunway
Bucanero Fuerte
Celestial
Grey Man

I have edited the chart for Campanus, which I had omitted - Neptune strikes again :)

Frawley method:
From the edited chart, 5h cusp is 8Cap10 and the next contact (using standard aspects - although this is more complicated than one might wish, as he includes minor aspects such as 36degrees, or the nonile of 40degrees...!!) of the cusp would be the square to mars, at 9Aries08, 7h.

"Grey Man" is the obvious choice for that one - Saturn-ruled Cap cusp (Grey) in square to Mars in Aries (Man), but I might also consider "Unquestionable", given the 'authority' aspect of Saturn and the fiery Mars energy.

If we look at minor aspects - the 36, 40, etc. then it may be different - I will list the minor aspects in a following post.

Last edited:
lol, I had the first one right, mystic Dan.

Congratulations Etherea👍😎
Indeed, you did !!!! :) Fabulous, @joke n - very cool.

As I wrote above, I had it on my list, but there was Neptune afoot (doing a number on my natal, too). I had expected to place my bets with a person, but that person took me over to his machines to do it electronically: I slightly lost the plot with that unexpected development and therefore, Mystik Dan was on my second list, not my first, and I placed the bets as "win or each way", rather than straight "win".

I shall be stricter with myself, going forward :) and be more wary of Neptune's influence.

Wehrman method:
The racecourse at longchamps for 12 May race (beware: they have different courses of differing lengths, so one needs to check which one they are running) is 1600 metres, about 1 x mile, therefore if the race begins on time, the end of the race would fall at approximately 3.01 and 36 seconds.

Chart set for that time is here:

Screen Shot 2024-05-05 at 08.46.54.png
In this chart, Mercury is the one to watch, and is in Aries, 8h, Ptolomean terms of Saturn, with Moon applying to Square. I might consider "Henry Longfellow" with this chart, as he was a writer, and Mercury is also ruler of MC. The Saturn connection comes in that Longfellow is long since deceased (8h) and Aries (male).

Last edited:
Here is a list of the minor aspects, ref. the Frawley method.

Some of these will be hard to spot, and apply to angles as well as planets. It does mean one has to (as I said in the first post on this thread) "do the work..." !!! (excuse the pun, but - no free rides :) )

I have given keywords, but one should do one's own research - some authorities may give nuances to the aspect that are not listed here. If I come across any such, I will edit the chart to add them.

Nota Bene:
All of them have MAXIMUM 2 degrees orb:

Vigintile18 (degrees)higher awareness
Semi-octile22.5friction, un-ease
Quindecile24inner compulsions
Semi-sextile30subtle connections
Decile36ability requiring development, un-tapped talent
Nonile/Novile40Fated, completions
Semi-Square (or Octile)45growth through challenge
Septile51Fated, completions (spiritual matters)
Quintile72creativity, insights
Squile75Negativity
Squine105combo of square and a trine - requires effort
Tredecile108quintessence, uniqueness, Deep Feminine
Sesquiquadrate135growth through challenge
Bi-quintile144pattern recognition, perfectionism
Quincunx150Adjustment, incompletion
Quindecile165(note: duplicated name from the 24degree aspect)
obsessive determination come what may

Frawley method, chart in post no. 51:
If anybody spots another minor aspect that precedes the 5h cusp to Mars, I am all ears :)

Last edited:
Wahoo!

I did get the first four, and I have won money, but my choice for winner was wrong.
Two lots of winnings, from two races and my total winnings are now £90, with stakes of £52.50, so not bad when your education pays you, rather than the other way around...!

This leaves £37.50 to use as stakes in future games.

Am in two minds about the Poule D'Essai des Poulains in Longchamps on Saturday. There are chart cusps that touch my natal chart, so it is "on the wheel", but also there are many new runners on the finalised list and I am not all that clear about the name-meanings.

I am going to definitely go for "Dancing Gemini" - Mercury/Virgo Asc, with Mercury in 8h, Aries.
Not sure about other contenders for an each-way bet.

Another win - 3 wins for 3 race-punts so far, using Wehrman's method.

This was the Poule d'Essai des Poulains at 15:30 hrs, Paris Longchamps. The runners had significantly altered since my last listing, above. Also, the site from which I took the information then changed the time from 3pm to 3.30pm, so the chart changed (important to note how changeable the runners info is, right up until a couple of days prior to the race itself, plus what must be website-input errors).

I placed money on the horses below, reasons given alongside:

HorseOddsAstro reasonResult
Dancing Gemini10/1Mercury Asc and Mercury MC, plus Mercury found in active Aries2nd place
Supercooled12/1Race chart had Saturn angular and making exact square to MC; Saturn is cold6th
Metropolitan243/10 just before race, but when I placed the bet, it was 25/1.Saturn is about structures, architecture, systems, and of course a metropolis has plenty of buildings and considerable amount of infrastructure - transport, utilities, etc. as well as social systems, limited spaceWinner
Henry Longfellow6/4Mercury was in Saturn's Ptolomean terms in 8h - Dead Poets' Society vibes8th

Thus, I did select the winner, and have made money again.

I placed £3 on each of the above to win and I also placed a £1 each way bet (total stake: £20).

The winning money comes from Metropolitan (£3 x 25 = £75); and
will also come from the each way bet for Metropolitan and Dancing Gemini.

This is the most I have won thus far in this journey of working with Wehrman's method.

The Wehrman method does note that a planet on an angle takes precedence, which is why I was focused upon Saturn (conjunct race-chart Descendant). Also, Saturn made a very tight square to MC, which ranks highly in her appraisal, so a Saturn-themed winning horse-name totally validates what she wrote. Frawley's method agreed with Wehrman about the Saturn theme in the chart.

I wish I had placed more generous bets, but I am sticking to my principles of only betting modest amounts, which stakes must come from existing winnings, until I feel more sure-footed about it.