Sedna into Gemini mid June '23 – World-Split?

Very interesting!
In order to stay on the path I have just taken, i.e. telling stories as an antidote, I put Florence in at the beginning of spring 1348 jul, because that’s when this black plague is said to have arrived in Florence.
Around there began the birth of one of the masterpieces , il:
written by:
In Florence, the overthrow of Walter of Brienne brought about the government of popolo minuto ("small people", workers). It diminished the influence of the nobility and the wealthier merchant classes and assisted in the relative decline of Florence. The city was hurt further in 1348 by the Black Death, which killed some three-quarters of the city's population, later represented in the Decameron.

From 1347, Boccaccio spent much time in Ravenna, seeking new patronage and, despite his claims, it is not certain whether he was present in plague-ravaged Florence. His stepmother died during the epidemic and his father was closely associated with the government efforts as minister of supply in the city. His father died in 1349 and Boccaccio was forced into a more active role as head of the family.

Boccaccio began work on The Decameron[12][13] around 1349. It is probable that the structures of many of the tales date from earlier in his career, but the choice of a hundred tales and the frame-story lieta brigata of three men and seven women dates from this time. The work was largely complete by 1352. It was Boccaccio's final effort in literature and one of his last works in Tuscan vernacular; the only other substantial work was Corbaccio (dated to either 1355 or 1365). Boccaccio revised and rewrote The Decameron in 1370–1371. This manuscript has survived to the present day.

"Antidote" is not a happy term here. There would simply be only a symptom combated, but the reason for it would remain in the dark. This kind of narrative does something different. Returns the hands. For a self-finding way.

A kindly thing it is to have compassion of the afflicted and albeit it well beseemeth every one, yet of those is it more particularly required who have erst had need of comfort and have found it in any, amongst whom, if ever any had need thereof or held it dear or took pleasure therein aforetimes, certes, I am one of these.

— Giovanni Boccaccio, Decameron, Proemio

Edit: I changed almost everything in here without opening a new replay.

Attachments

• peste nera con prima stesura del decamerone.png
    peste nera con prima stesura del decamerone.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
What may especially be needed to observe is the complex aspect Sedna will make on 9-10 August 2025. Sedna will:

a. Conjoin Uranus
b. Sextile the Saturn/Neptune conjunction
c. Trine Mars
d. Trine Pluto

A bit more complicated than a quadruple conjunction. That might actually make it less dangerous.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_what_may_this_portend.86242.58783.png
    astro_2gw_what_may_this_portend.86242.58783.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
What may especially be needed to observe is the complex aspect Sedna will make on 9-10 August 2025. Sedna will:

a. Conjoin Uranus
b. Sextile the Saturn/Neptune conjunction
c. Trine Mars
d. Trine Pluto

A bit more complicated than a quadruple conjunction. That might actually make it less dangerous.
At first glance, the Grand Trine looks great - until you notice the characters: Mars, Pluto, Uranus/Sedna.

Mercury, chart ruler, opposition Pluto, both angular - looks like some very hard-core truths being spelled out, as Neptune/Saturn conjoin in Aries. Come-uppances, perhaps???

When Sedna entered Gemini, Thursday 15 June 2023 at 11:49:01 CEST (UTC+2), I was talking a walk near the river Limmat in Zürich, actually at a place I had "discovered" only a few days earlier, an area with small public gardens maintained by different groups from around there, and free to walk in and take a seat, and also at some spots free to grab some berries or spices. I did usually take just a few red berries, Johannisbeeren, which I guess would be "currant" or "ribe" in english. Hm, now as I writing, thinking about it, I wonder if John the Baptist (24 June, "Johann" in "Johannisbeere") would be related to Gemini besides that date in the year... Maybe, I read on German Wikipedia that the archangel Gabriel—who apparently often is the messenger of god, similar to the ruler of Gemini, Mercury/Hermes of Jupiter/Zeus—told the father of John to choose the name "John" as the first name of his son.

About a week later, I had essentially translated the core content of my website exactphilosophy.net from English to German, which is about 90 pages printed as a pocket book. That was only possible in such a short time due to technical progress, more precisely using the recently released new version of deepl.com online. I still touched pretty much every sentence after that automatic translation (with exception of maybe only roughly 5), but it was very helpful that deepl got the structure of the sentences immediately right and many words. Actually, in some cases deepl even surprised me with a word that I might not have found myself, or only after some research.

The English/German site went live 7 July 2023, i.e. about 3 weeks after Sedna entered Gemini. Translations and writing, as well as splitting something into two (English to English+German), are all things that would resonate well with Gemini, and the sort of flowing and (in comparison to a few years ago) natural effortlessness of the translation would, in my view, resonate also well with Sedna...

Not much later, I guess already before 7 July, I also had the idea of translating the site also to "easy", create a version that would be much easier to read for people who do not know all the things I know from various fields from "physics to astrology". The idea was to create annotated versions (Englisch and German), where I would usually quote a short paragraph from the original and then add some context, background, sources, and so on. So far that is just the idea, but it would presumably also fit the mythology of Gemini. Liz Greene in "The Astrology of Fate" mentions the myth of Leda and the swan (Zeus in disguise). She [edit: Leda, not Liz Greene] laid two eggs, with two children in each, so a 2+2 symbolism, too. One of the children was Helena (c.f. Illiad, Trojan War), one was Clytemnestra, and from the other egg Castor+Pollux. I am not sure at the moment how it really was, but I remember that Liz Greene also saw a duality of mortal/immortal there, with two mortal and two immortal? So maybe the current version of the site more "for the gods", the easy version "for mortals", for "the rest of us"?

Maybe, but I am also still dreaming of writing up something from scratch that is more like a movie or at least a movie script or a novel of a similar kind, because only that would be able to become really mainstream, at least it seems.

Anyways, my site is not primarily about astrology, and the now translated core a bit less in comparison, but it is very much about 4+1 elements from first principles and could at least qualitatively derive or at least explain the 12 signs of the zodiac also from first principles...

English: https://www.exactphilosophy.net/
German: https://www.exactphilosophy.net/index-de.html

Last edited:
The sinister looking 2025 US Presidential Inauguration chart, with its conjunction of the Sun, Pluto, and the Midheaven, has this conjunction forming a trine with Sedna at 0 degrees Gemini.

In my time I have noticed that good aspects to bad stuff seems to produce good things. Let us hope.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_2025_presidential_inauguration.67514.166741.png
    astro_2gw_2025_presidential_inauguration.67514.166741.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 6
Friendly reminder to maybe include Sedna into mundane astrological considerations (not only, but as a major factor, in my hypothesis the strongest mundane factor in these times, but to be seen).

Attached is the Sedna Gemini ingress chart without houses (as far as "without houses" is possible at astro.com) of 27 April 2024; Sedna will stay in Gemini for about 43 years... (And see posts above for some considerations on the occasion of last year's already short visit of Sedna in Gemini if you already forgot about them or came here later...)

The most prominent aspect that Sedna will make at the ingress (and already now makes) is the trine to Pluto in early Aquarius. Plus somewhat of a sextile to Neptune+Mars in late Pisces (Neptune will station at 29°56' Pisces a bit more than two months later at the beginning of July, then a bit more closely sextile Sedna). And somewhat of an octile to Mercury/n.node...

Attachments

• sedna-into-gemini-2024.png
    sedna-into-gemini-2024.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
Again, interesting thoughts, @xphi...

I am constantly mindful that the Great Mutation also occurred where Pluto now sits, so this is an added layer. As this was the beginning of a new Air cycle, it is a powerfully energised degree and will constitute a hefty full-load of content to the Sedna trine.

From this, and also from the notion that both Gemini and Pluto correspond with issues of duality, I think the mythical elements of Sedna's story that contain this feature will likely come to the fore.

We already see a lot of contention between polarised ideologies (Pluto is partly about polarisation arising from duality, so "the other"), and the Gemini twins indicate that the dual views are part of the same unit. I am hoping that this Ingress might therefore see people working on spanning the divide and focussing more upon what unites.

The Air element between these two, and the fact that the trine will encompass the first degrees of each sign (which Pluto will traverse twice, once in Rx and later in the year in forward motion) gives a lot of power to it, so whatever transpires will have the flavours probably made very plain.

Because Pluto trashes before he bestows gifts, then I think the current love-affair with technology will eventually subside as people begin to realise that it has a very dark side (commentators have already spelled it out, but most are not listening). Possibly, this might occur after cyber-attacks or the like, which trend has been burgeoning of late.

Sedna, in the myth, eventually became happy to leave everything about her former existence behind, so she could embrace anew what lay in front of her, which was a much more expansive existence, totally out of the zone of the abused and benighted young girl. This was a decision she made consciously, and of course, the Air element is about thinking things through. I wonder how much people will reject their current unhealthy addiction to gawdy social media, etc. and their willingly living in all-consuming simulacra.

The Great Mutation of course, has Saturn providing Reality Checks, and as co-ruler, he is in domicile in Aquarius, so I suspect the notion of 'cold-water' being thrown over people's fantasies about the tech, is not impossible (and this also tallies up with Sedna - all but drowning in it).

Last edited:
Because Pluto trashes before he bestows gifts, then I think the current love-affair with technology will eventually subside as people begin to realise that it has a very dark side (commentators have already spelled it out, but most are not listening). Possibly, this might occur after cyber-attacks or the like, which trend has been burgeoning of late.
I'd put real money on grid systems (transformers, especially) being attacked. A large grid transformer, even when all your supply chains are working properly, isn't something you order with anything less than a ~3-year lead time. They take ages to manufacture. Burn a few dozen of them out, with thermite (or something equally exotic) - and you have the makings of a grid collapse that will last for decades. Remember, it doesn't matter how many solar panels † or wind turbines ‡ you have: They will all be useless without a power grid (unless you have specifically engineered off-grid power on your property) - and when you don't have the ability to transport power, it doesn't matter if you can produce it or not.

The cold chain is probably one of the first things I'd expect to see collapse - and if you have food in a freezer, without any means to power it, your frozen food will go bad in a couple of days. If you have an electric oven, you won't be able to cook it anyway. So, food in cans and jars (as well as dried food) are the order of the day. Make sure you have plenty of water, too. Some propane gas for cooking isn't a bad idea, either. (You will need a jet conversion kit if your gas oven usually uses methane gas.)

If you are at home when the power goes out, your first action should be to immediately fill the bathtub with cold water. If you want to flush your toilets (and you will), you'll need something to flush it with, after the water pumping stations run out of reserve power. If it's important that the water in that bathtub remains potable, a silver coin placed in the bottom of the bathtub will prevent bacteria growing in it. Similarly, don't bank on mobile or cell service lasting more than an hour - the base stations have about 1 hour's capacity on most sites, but that's it: When that's finished, you will have no signal.

Learn from previous power outages - many people have very sanguine expectations of what it will be like, and those ideas are not realistic.

Don't underestimate the importance of simple hygiene, either: An overwhelming number of people die in crises due to bad sanitary conditions. Human lifespan owes its great length, first and foremost, to hygiene. All other reasons come a very distant second.

† Solar charge controllers, if not connected to a battery that can store the produced power, will simply shut down when the grid goes offline. This is by design, and it's something called "anti-islanding" - which ensures that when the power company shuts down the power, for any reason, staff can safely work on the de-energised lines without worrying about an electric shock. Obviously, if you have people connected and still producing power on the grid, this cannot work. So, if you connect anything to the grid, by law you must use equipment that is certified for anti-islanding.

‡ Wind turbines, also, use the mains power frequency (~50Hz, typically in Europe, but it varies sometimes, depending on load/demand.) Because the same anti-islanding rules apply as for solar panels, and because installing the electronics to synchronise wind turbine output with the grid is exceedingly expensive, wind turbines use a much cheaper and simpler approach: The coil windings are energised by the grid, and this has the effect that when the alternator in the turbine turns, the power is fed back to the grid at the same frequency as the coil windings. So, no complicated electronics are required. But you do need a functioning power grid for the turbine to function - if it fails, the turbine has to apply its brakes, change the blades' angle of attack so they don't catch any wind, and shut itself down.

I had a similar conversation with my ex-wife's family, who insisted they would be fine in a power cut, because they were surrounded by wind turbines. I had to tell them that the power grid was a bit more complicated than they imagined it to be.

Sedna will play a part (of course) in Barbault's trine, sextile, sextile between the outer planets when they have all shifted into their new signs by 2026.

Dan at the World Astrology Report crystallises this influence down to 'de-centralisation':

He also notes the diminution that is occurring with globalisation since the pandemic, and includes the aspects made by Jupiter which will create its own trine (to Saturn/Neptune), sextile (to Sedna and Uranus) and an opposition to Pluto, from early Leo.

The Sedna/Uranus combination is something to ponder and since Uranus energy has 'overthrow' from its mythical origins, and Sedna basically overthrew all her conceptual and physical constrictions, this could come into play. We are already noticing that with several African countries telling France to get lost, as well as the increasing appeal of BRICS. It's happening already, and this fits Sedna's first forays into Gemini, now to be consolidated.

(China has already long been making inroads to African mineral wealth, however, and it remains to be seen if those countries are merely swapping overlords).

But it's not just overthrow and technology, since Sedna/Uranus is in trine to Pluto. Sedna must have had a moment or two of inspiration that enabled her to break free, and so often, this is also what Uranus brings.

I am often looking askance at the much bandied-about notion of "Awakening", as it could so easily form a part of an emotive narrative that promotes the concept of humanity suddenly jumping to a Primrose Path timeline which, looking around with a critical eye, I view as being very far-fetched.

Having said that, even if a path of corrective action is taken as a result of focus adjustment and heightened inspirational perception from the combination of Uranian and Sedna's influence, it takes work (a lot of work) to create new systems, new alliances based upon new foundations, etc.

Sedna in Taurus did see development of the push for organic agriculture, focus upon nutrition in a way that had not really ever taken hold amongst the population before, and also an increased sense of our need for stewardship of the planet. Of course, it also saw Big Agriculture and intensive farming creating negative effects (soil depletion, increasing desertification, chemicalisation of food production) as the astro duality.

@xphi, what do you think have been/would be the negative effects of Sedna, both in Taurus and now moving to Gemini?

I am turning my garden gloves inside out to let them dry... Interestingly, turning them inside out turned the left glove into the right one, and vice-versa...

I would say Sedna's fingers stand also for the strongest way in which women could influence things in traditional patriarchal societies, by having children and having more influence on their birth charts than men. The detached fingers would thus also symbolize her children, parts of her own body that get detached and then live lives on their own, still remaining in a way connected to the mother.

Apparently I will not touch on the Kafka-Prague-Sedna-Pluto-Hekate-Baba-Yaga-and-her-detached-helping-hands-etc. aspects of "Sedna" here today, despite having privately written (and then deleted) several quite long tentative replies today (including reiterating some parts of that complex which I had already mentioned in earlier posts elsewhere...*), but for all that it appears they are not to be said, yet, at least not now, only maybe to be discovered, feel free to do so ya all...* :)

(About negative aspects of Sedna, maybe first dropping nuclear power plants in many countries too quickly, while not dropping nuclear weapons and not really pushing green energies all that much, with nuclear power (the risk of accidents aside) being much more climate friendly than any fossile fuels, and now towards Sedna in Gemini maybe reconsidering tamed nuclear power ("positive"?)...)

* exactphilosophy.net → artemis → noindex → odyssey → ... (and briefly on page 5 here)

Attachments

• me-prog-2024-04-01.png
    me-prog-2024-04-01.png
    106 KB · Views: 0
  • kafka-plus-16-min.png
    kafka-plus-16-min.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
  • garden-gloves.jpg
    garden-gloves.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • jup-sat-2020.png
    jup-sat-2020.png
    105 KB · Views: 0
You might remember that last year just after Sedna had entered Gemini for the first time for a while, I translated my website to German, i.e. it split up into two languages, like twins... I did the translation very quickly, first preliminary version will all pages translated in just one weekend, and something like a week later or a few days more, it went live... This would not have been possible without deepl.com. Even though I touched almost every sententence deepl autotranslated, the base translation was usually already very good, especially took care about the different order of subject and verb, etc., which I feel often is a lot of work if you do it manually...

Not far into the future, any website (or any other electronic publication) will be essentially available to read in your favorite language. You could finally browse websites in Chinese, Arab, Tibetan, and probably even Latin and Greek or even older languages one day... Reminds me of Sedna, sinking down and releasing things... In that sense, websites, say, in Chinese are free to "leave their mother", swim to readers in other languages, and the same for all other languages...

Deepl is a German company, formed by Jarosław Kutyłowski, apparently a name of Polish origin. As far as I know, Deepl is today still clearly the best translation software there is, at least as far as publicly visible ones. It is based on "large language models", the stuff that is called "AI" or used to be called "neural networks", etc., i.e. essentially the same stuff that is also driving ChatGPT and so on, which are also often just "language", they generally just create sentences word by word from having learned from other sentences by humans, see Stephen Wolfram's article about how this works, at least the beginning should be relatively generally understandable...

Language/communication and Gemini... And, of course, when language barriers disappear, also trade becomes easier, virtual and real-life traveling, etc.

Today at 11:35 AM UTC (12:35 PM BST in GB, 13:35 CEST in most parts of Europe, 7:35 AM EDT on the US East Coast, 4:35 AM PDT on the US West Coast) Sedna will enter Gemini and stay there for about 43 years...

Here's the chart for the ingress again (with houses completely removed this time)...

)o+

sedna-into-gemini-2024-again.jpg

Could the split be about who remains on the boat and who is thrown overboard?

However, I also think that once we get to these trans-Neptunian bodies, their archetypal functions cannot be definitively contained within or prescribed to singular zodiacal rulership.
@roja
I think both of those points ( 1. current affairs; and 2. metaphysical affairs) are very perceptive indeed.

As we look at what is going down in current situations, it is clear that there is a divide between populations ("Stop the Genocide!!") and the ruling classes ("Send more money to Israel/Ukraine, etc."). It is a matter of time to see which faction supersedes the other, but the dividing lines are clear to see and as yet, have no bridge between the opposing positions.

This theme of uncompromised perspectives is exactly what transpired in the Sedna myth; she would not buckle under and was willing to pay the price for the fixed decision and this is what we are seeing. Of course, the dual nature of Gemini lends fuel to that particular fire - one narrative will not do. However, worth remembering that they are twins and thus, two sides of the same coin. The mutability of Gemini coming into the fore after the fixity of Taurus may see tiny incremental shifts as things move along in time, and as Pluto makes itself absent from the trine as he reverses into Capricorn.

From the metaphysical point of view, the themes of transmutation/theosis/resurrection/illusion - all these are in the melting pot at all times once we reach that level of understanding and Sedna's move into Gemini does indicate bringing the thought processes into that framework - the sifting of what one actually needs, rejecting of materiality and all that follows in its wake. Social media has its part to play with its strong communication tone, so people are introduced to ideas they may otherwise not have encountered and, although "authorities" fixate on political stances, there are also many conceptually-based accounts that ask bigger questions along the lines of "what is it all about, at its bedrock?". The Sedna similarity with that last point is that she sunk to the very bottom of the ocean where her transmutation occurred. Rock bottom. Funnily enough, that is what a lot of things look like right now - politically and metaphysically. Eventually, the friction of this pitched against the human consciousness provides the un-bearable crucible, and movement of the psyche to one way or the other is to be expected, to relieve the tension.

Thank you @xphi for reminding us of this seismic ingress.

Like so many other astro-pointers occurring in this intense funnel of time, it's going to be an interesting learning curve. We can observe first-hand the sway and shift of thought, like a shoal of dolphins and other sea-creatures around Sedna.

With the movement of the three outer planets - Uranus, Neptune, Pluto - the overturning of just about everything is occurring and you are right: the division of rulership is hard to both quantify and parse. It all applies, to everything.

It is common for the insecure and weak to attempt to control whatever comes into their sights as a bulwark against other people's choice-making, but this is just not going to be possible for a while, yet.

The famous Jung phrase, "freedom of will is the ability to do gladly that which I must do...... I lived into the depths, and the depths began to speak" correlates to my mind, at this time, the notion that we must "get with the programme" in order to draw from those individual and collective depths. It's going to happen in any event - we can embrace it or create extra un-necessary friction by refusing to go along with it.

Sedna went with it.

Maybe first the "physical plane"...

Yesterday when Sedna moved into Gemini I was at the ("new") botanical garden in Zürich (Seefeld), the one with the 3 tranparent tropical domes.

They have something new there, maybe since spring, was my first visit this year. What is new is relatively large tables with photos of plants and some text, at least in the Mediterranean section where I was they were from Greek islands, i.e. in way all near the sea...

The first photo (13:09:12 CEST) I took was of a strange "flower" that is only near the sea, the "prickly-branched knapweed", which does remind of "Sedna" with its roundness that reminds maybe more of something under than over water.

20240427_130912-4x-smaller.jpg

The second photo (13:11:12 CEST) was of the scenery, and I took almost the same - without realizing that there had just been nominally the ingress at 13:34:14 (at least according to Swiss Ephemeris (which might not be accurate to the second in this particular case) - at 13:34:36...

20240427_131112-4x-smaller.jpg

20240427_133436-4x-smaller.jpg

The second of those two has different lightning, maybe to actually different light or maybe just due to the rather low quality phone camera I had with me, in my view the second image has less "May/Taurus" and more "June/Gemini" in the apparent light, and only in the second image is a table with text visible...

Before going to the botanical garden, I had been at the Orell Füssli bookstore near Bellevue and bought 3 books, in retrospect astonishingly all three in different languages:

- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Kafka von Tag zu Tag (Kafka day by day) by Rainer Stach
- Poussière blonde (Blonde Dust) by Tatiana de Rosnay

In the evening I was almost mesmerized that one channel would actually show a movie that would sort of be categorized as (close to) "really good" in my personal book, "Rashomon" by Akira Kurosawa of 1950, and I actually watched it, with original sound and subtitles (in French, was on France 4, part of "culture box"), the opening scene as often in his movies has tons of rain...

And late in the evening I started to read in The Great Gatsby...

Let me maybe start there - gradually - with the more "metaphysical plane" or maybe just more "abstract plane" first, rather Air than Earth...

I had never been interested in that book before, but saw it between lots of classics outside of the shop, where most were translated to German, except this one and just one other, and also because the book was quite thin, sort of traditional pocket book size, and written with Uranus in early Aries, I was interested enough to buy it.

It starts like this:

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

Which rings maybe with a "divide between populations" that etherea mentioned. Maybe about 10 years ago someone (don't remember who) noted that the world in the 1970s had been much more egalitarian than in the 1920s, where rich people had lived in their secluded mansions, and that since 1980s that had been shifting again, so maybe, just maybe, could we again be at a pivotal point where that "pendulum" might finally swing the other way again, maybe even without an actual bloody revolution?

Gemini is also about diplomacy and protocol, so maybe less bloody times even?

I noticed yesterday evening that the Wall Street Journal had published some intelligence info, namely that they had no indications that Putin would have directly ordered to kill Navalny

There is says (and already said yesterday) "Updated April 27, 2024 at 12:02 am ET", i.e. with Sedna already in Gemini then. Well, maybe that would even be true. When Navalny died, I noticed that asteroid 100 Hekate was near his moon at the rescently so often encountered spot of early Virgo (in many Russian personalities, also Biden's nodes, etc.) where fixed star Regulus is since a few years. That might sugest rather a death by the Fates rather that a conscious human decision. At the same time, since it looked very much like Putin had ordered it, I though to myself that he had overstepped his boundaries, that it was not up to him to decide whether Navalny should die or not, also because Navalny had survived a "judgement of god". But maybe it was really not him, maybe some other group who had in some ways an interest to have Navalny go or maybe conversely the exchange with the "Tiergarten murderer" not taking place?

[Edit: I forgot a detail: My thought then was that Putin would die within the next two years, not via a coup or even revolution, just "by the Fates", and that was before being aware of the Saturn-Neptune cycle and Russia, where the next one is in 2026, quite close to 2 years after my thought...]

Gemini is also prominent in the charts of the NSA and Snowden, with Sun/Moon in Scoprio/Gemini switched between the two... "Intelligence" also rings with Gemini, as well as keeping information separate.

The second book that list just events for every day in the life of Kafka I bought because that might be very useful in terms of astrology, esp. since his time of birth is not really known... It lists especially also when he started to write "Das Schloss" (The Castle), 27 January 1922 in the evening, hence (since people used to eat quite late in these times) maybe at 11 or even later... And he dumped the first approach the next evening, and I had also see a different beginning (maybe that one) that was not as medieval, where there was a hotel with automatically opening glass doors.

Maybe astrologically: Kafka had Pluto in the first degree of Gemini (and Saturn just a few degrees ahead), so Kafka would certainly be something to come and have somewhat in focus these times...

The third book I just bought by looking at the cover, Marilyn Monroe in gold, had never heard of the author before...

Some astrological data:

RR AA "3:30 PM" "baby book page" "welcome little stranger"
Sun 2°18' Gemini, AC 3°57' Aquarius

RR B "05:40 AM" "biography" "rectified by Oliver to 5:33 AM"
DC 9°44' Aquarius, 11th house 7°5' Gemini - both earlier if born earlier

RR DD "7:00 AM" ... ... ... ... ...
Pluto 0°38' Gemini, Saturn 4°54' Gemini, DC "14°16' Aquarius"

"born 1951", not even a date..
Until 7 March and from 13 August, Saturn was in Libra, mostly early Libra

RR AA "11:45", but source in detail not so clear to me...
Su 5°03' Libra, Moon 27°53' Taurus, DC 28°22' Taurus (or maybe early Gemini?)

RR AA "9:30 AM" "B.C. in hand"
Mercury 6.x° Gemini, Sun 10.x° Gemini

RR C "9:00 PM"
n.node 1°26' Gemini, Mars 5°39' Gemini

In the movie "Rashomon" many people seem to view it as a story where it is not clear what is real, just different opinions, also my parents (or at least my father) had perceived it that way, maybe also due to their Neptune in Virgo. Anyways, as I already noticed some years ago when first watching it, the movie has a simpler morale or background. The three immediately involved, the woman, the samurai and the thief just portray things such that they look more heroic and "morally upright", while the woodcutter first lies because he stole the dagger of the woman, but his later description of what happened, including a surreal sword fight where they did everything wrong one could ever imagine, shows clearly to me that what the woodcutter said would be how it was except that he did not mention that he stole the dagger.

There would be so much more, but maybe something also quite clear to me but to nobody else, regarding that quote by Jung that etherea mentioned:

"freedom of will is the ability to do gladly that which I must do...... I lived into the depths, and the depths began to speak"

How this literally most likely works is as follows:

Just like individual cells in a human (or animal or plant) body form a larger being, and are not aware of much of the complex things that go on in that compound, also individual humans (and animals and plants) are part of larger organisms with less immediately visible ties, which are mostly unconscious to people, mostly manifest in feelings, in drives what to do, in order to fulfill collective dreams, plans, moods, etc.

Such beings composed of groups of people used to be called "Gods" or "Goddesses" or more philosophically the "World Soul" ("anima mundi"), and other names, and Jung more precisely named them the "collective unconscious".

This is - for all that it appears to me as a physicist - simply how it is, and it is also how astrology works at its core: It would not be the "stars" (actual objects in the sky) that influence our lives, it would (at least to first order) be our common and mostly unconscious beliefs about them plus what is favorable in a darwinistic sense, (e.g. to sort things in late summer when the harvest comes in, even though siderally the sun is then no longer in Virgo due to precession).

Anybody has been reading until here? I am sort of the "box office poison" of promoting anything new.....

Last edited:
(Just some impressions and thoughts in times of early Gemini Sedna and other astrological influences I guess...)

- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Kafka von Tag zu Tag (Kafka day by day) by Rainer Stach
- Poussière blonde (Blonde Dust) by Tatiana de Rosnay

As I wrote in the opening post, assuming that Sedna would be planet that would defines the epoch since her discovery in 2003/2004, similarly to Pluto 1930-2003/2004, Neptune 1846-1930 and Uranus 1776-1846, Sedna would have gotten a (post-)modern rulership / domicile, and my guess was Libra, hence in a nutshell Sedna would be similar to Venus but with "more Libra" than Taurus...

I did not know much about F. Scott Fitzgerald, to me the image was he and Zelda in Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris", so I assumed they were a "regular" couple of artists, in love and getting on well together. But at the end of chapter 2 in "The Great Gatsby", after a quite straightforward terse description of places and people from the perspective of the narrator, things changed. The situation had be a party in an apparment in New York where Tom Buchanan (married to Daisy, a distant cousin of the narrator Nick Carraway) hits his mistress Myrtle Wilson with his open hand during an argument and breaks her nose, which was not that much of an unusual turn after how Fitzgerald had described the appearance of Tom Buchanan. Also at the party had been a couple, a Mr. and Mrs. McKey, with him being a photographer. And then the text goes on like this:

Then Mr. McKee turned and continued on out the door. Taking my hat from the chandelier I followed.
"Come to lunch some day," he suggested, as we groaned down in the elevator.
"Where?"
"Anywhere."
"Keep your hands off the lever," snapped the elevator boy.
"I beg your pardon," said Mr. McKee with dignity, "I didn't know I was touching it."
"All right," I agreed, "I'll be glad to."
...I was standing beside his bed and he was sitting up between the sheets, clad in his underwear, with a great portfolio in his hands.
"Beauty and the Beast...Loneliness...Old Grocery Horse ...Brook'n Bridge..."

Then I was lying half asleep in the cold lower level of the Pennsylvania Station, staring at the morning "Tribune" and waiting for the four o'clock train.

(Out of copyright, the author has been dead for more than 80 years.)

Thinly veiled gay porn, I would say...

"chandelier", "evevator", "groaned down", "lever", "great portfolio", and the answer "I'll be glad to" that could be related to the immediately previous sentence, around security there is the term "plausible deniability"...

He had the sun in early Libra (hence trine Sedna and Pluto currently), and a conjunction of Venus (traditional ruler of Libra and Taurus) and Mercury (traditional ruler of Gemini and Virgo, modern ruler of Gemini), which would seem to be a relatively good mirror of Sedna as ruler of Libra in Gemini, at least of some aspects of it - presuming my hypothesis about domicile had some truth to it, of course...

I just noticed at ADB that he had a third given name, "Key", which means very likely that Mr. McKee, like him in a man-woman couple, would be sort of a facet of himself. Apparently Fitzgerald wrote in a letter in 1935 that he would he "half feminine" (and there was least one photo in a newspaper with him in women's clothes) and apparently he also once wrote that all characters in his novels would be himself in a way - I am quoting from memory, just read that up yesterday mainly at Wikipedia, should be easy to find.

On a "metaphysical level", I guess this is about different perspectives of the same, which would be something related to Gemini (where he had Pluto and a Neptune-Mars conjunction), like a small child who discovers new things, holds them in his/her hands, turns them around, in order to learn how they work, what they are, how to use them for something, etc.

To me male homosexuality very often has something of a Libra theme. Is two of the same or two opposites more balanced? And the relation to death in the symbolism of Libra, or the "unbearable lightness of being". If you cannot produce offspring (as is so far impossible for two men), the only thing of real weight in life is death. Also that often love of a woman ends tragically in stories written by gay men as for Gatsby despite his greatness... Maybe is somewhat exaggerated or biased what I just wrote, but I think there is truth to it at the core...

Kafka...

Turns out I did at first not read precisely enough, because at one entry for 28 January 1922 where it says he would have rebooted "The Castle", there is a "(?)" after the date... But the very terse fragments in the days before and after are quite revealing in a way (and note that the wording is immediately by Rainer Stach, not directly Kafka himself).

Difficult to condense and cannot reproduce all here (but see pages 512 and 513 in the book, diary entries between 23 and 31 January 1922).

But I think now I understand probably something, related to him and women, like in his diary 28 January 2022 "Still the possibility of happiness ("Glück") if Milena came to Spindelmühle, similarly with Felice Bauer in Marienbad".

Felice would be Felice Bauer, his first fiancee, who he did not marry, and Milena would be Milena Jesenska resp. Pollak by marriage.

23 January 1922
Diary: K.'s whole life a sequence of cancelled attempts, conversation with Milena. Brod visits K., who tells about his visit to a brothel. Brod is shocked ("erschüttert").

I am not sure if he ever met Milena again in person after that, but appears like a breakup. In the biography of David Zane Mairowitz and Robert Crumb (yes the "comics" artist) they write (p. 102):

And, as far as such things can be judged, she was probably the only woman he ever really loved. You can smell it in the correspondence. The "Letters to Milena" are not like those to Felice, great literature parading as love, with a Jewish Pygmalion carving his wife out of stone.
[...]
Yet, on the whole, the Milena letters are straightforward, with less of the usual ambiguity and self-abuse. Most of all, you get the feeling she had made him aware of his own longing an that he really _wants_ her.

Feels quite accurate to me... Milena quite arguably made it into "The Castle" as Frieda, where K. meets her at the "Herrenhof" ("Herr" = "Mr."/"Master", "Hof"="court") and apparently there was a "Herrenhof" in Vienna at the time where Mr. Pollak used to go, and inofficially it was called "Hurenhof" ("Hure"="Whore").

In the diary on 28 and 29 January Kafka writes about two worlds, the world of humans and the "world of K.", not sure if he made it explicit of whether with the "world of K." he was rather talking about the world in his novels or also more literally about his own inner world, or whether he made a difference there.

I guess with Pluto in early Gemini and possibly near the end of his 10th house, just behind Saturn, such a duality ("Gemini") would have been quite existential ("Pluto"/"Saturn").

As I remember, Freud would have associated all art and culture to be the result of not having sex, of redirecting the literal sex drive to something more abstract or generally towards more "Air" in astrological terms. And, of course, at least in older years, probably also via Jung/Spielrein, Freud added the death drive...

No look at the third book, yet...

Later on the afternoon when Sedna had entered Gemini, something slightly unusual happened. I was removing some very young maple trees (from this year or last year mostly) that had grown and I was near the road and the garbage container and someone had put an indoor plant in its pot near the container with a slip that said "free to take". Two guys on bicycles came by, stopped and asked who's plant that was. I explained, and there was some kind of "conversation", one was talking to the other about having been sick and the non-practical clerks had not taken care of the box bushes despite his warnings, so they had been eaten up so much in 4 weeks by boxwood borers that the bushes had to be removed and replaced with other bushes, and in between I interjected that I had not yet given up on my box bushes in my garden (53)... Was maybe a conversation more like in Italian TV when I was young, with people talking at the same time about different things and was not a problem at all. Anyways, the two guys decided not to take the plant along and the "leader" of them strangely congratulated me on the "good job" I was doing before leaving, presumably regarding my garden work with the little maple trees...? When I checked later in the evening, the plant was gone, maybe they took it on the way back, maybe someone else... (No, it was not in the containers.)

Almost like the fates "barbie-congratulating" me on maybe a "good job" with "ken-splaining" Sedna? ;)

With their messenger Hermes as two "Gemini men"...

But it goes maybe further. Box wood is the origin of the word "box" obviously, also in German ("Buchs"/"Büchse") and also as in the "Box of Pandora" ("Pandoras Büchse"), in ancient Greece women would put ointments and makeup etc. into beautifully ornamented boxes made of box wood*. In my book "Elementary Star Signs" of 2018 I use the story of Psyche in Apuleius' "The Golden Ass" to explain the elemental transmutations in the signs, and for the three Air signs Gemini-Libra-Aquarius the one where Psyche goes to the underworld to retrieve a box of some sort of ointments, so the box would "in my book" also be a symbol of Air signs (besides obviously the female sex that can produce life) and particularly of its central sign Libra, with often sexuality relatively thinly veiled in culture around Air signs, but I should mention that my perspective is somewhat from outside regarding Air signs in general, since I have no major astrological objects in Air signs (although IC in Libra).

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyxis_(vessel)

At work, yesterday out of the blue a soccer table appeared, actually one of the women there, using an electrical pallet truck for the first time in her life, brought it in and we mounted it, about 3 women and 3 men, very harmoniously and with quite a lot of talking. I remember Liz Greene in "The Astrology of Fate" and Leda and the swan and then two eggs out of which two children came from each, each egg with one female and one male, and one egg with immortals and one with mortals, including the two Gemini brothers Castor+Pollux, and at a soccer table it is usually 2 against 2, 2 defense, 2 attack. By the way, I came slightly late to the soccer table and did not pay attention while helping to assemble it, but the others had first made a mistake, they had put all the red and all the blue players on one half of court each, so no strikers, which I guess would have lead to maybe more peaceful games...? And, reminding also of banana bar crawl, someone I know from work back several years, quite an intelligent guy but also one who gets quite wild when he drinks, yesterday asked me and 3 others to meet in the evening this week for a drink, so there seems to be generally more communication, which might actually be nice with Sedna there...

The notion that Sedna will be the defining energy of this current epoch is interesting - she has moved into Gemini (a masculine sign) and as astrological teaching goes, the first degree of a sign is strongly vibing the sign energy.

Female zeitgeist energy into masculine sign and we see all the arguments for and against the gender issues that are extra to biological sex.

The National `Health Service in the UK was today reported as having made the decision that male-to-female transgender people will not be allowed to receive treatment in female wards. The reason they have apparently given is that "biological sex is a fact". The BBC report worded that decision very, very differently, so we can see the Mercurial tone of hermaphroditic issues hitting the buffers of the media interpretations.

This is pure streaming of Gemini so definitely fits Sedna's first few arc minutes into that sign.

Makes sense to me.

Yesterday I googled news around Kim Kardashian.

I had mentioned her in the opening post along with Paris Hilton.

In any case, Sedna would have been placed very well in Taurus (and still is), and this might mirror all the "Kardashians" and generally stardom in social media that is often first and foremost based on being femal, on being beautiful rather than based on any specialized skill like acting or singing. The maybe first such celebrity was Paris Hilton, whose sex tape "leaked" just around the discovery of Sedna, and Kim Kardashian, friends with Paris Hilton at least at the time (I think), had also a sex tape "leaked" not so much later.

First photos of Sedna were (automatically) taken 4 Nov 2003, the discovery was made public 15 March 2004, and the sex video "1 night in Paris" was published on the Internet 15 June 2004 (based on material filmed in 2001), not so clear how intended or accidental by whom...

21 March 2007 a sex video titled "Kim Kardashian, Superstar" was made public, based on material filmed in October 2003, i.e. around the time also Sedna was "shot" the first time. Again not so clear what was intentional or accidental by whom, with arguably likely a larger intentional component since, as Wikipedia writes, "[Kim] Kardashian was relatively unknown before the tape's release. [...] She was also known as a friend and personal stylist for Paris Hilton after she appeared in three episodes of Hilton's show The Simple Life in 2006."

What was to me genuinely new around their fame was that it was based in many ways entirely on being female (a "Venus"). In the past at least in the 20th century being famous as a beautiful woman involved usually some skill like as an actress or singer.

Especially Kim Kardashian does remind of an Isis or Inanna "Venus/Aphrodite" goddess with her sculpted body and symmetry. (The "sculpted" part might be a Libra theme, by the way.) It was since then in my perception that social media started to grow big and also when selfies came up (but would be interesting to research when exactly what happened). Selfies are to me like Venus looking into her mirror, with the mirror as also one way of seeing the astrological glyph for Venus ♀.

Extract:
2003 Myspace
2003 LinkedIn
2004 Facebook
2005 Youtube
2005 Reddit
2006 Twitter

But to what I found yesterday...

Seems that over the weekend first Kim Kardashian dyed her hair blonde and a bit later cut it quite short and dyed it partially pink:

As also some comments suggest that way she would also resemble the current girlfriend of her ex husband Kanye West more...

Hair and Sedna is in the mythology of course quite prominent, so when moving from a female sign ruled by Venus to a male sign cutting hair seems not far fetched (but of course there might be other, more personal reasons too, there is an early Leo Sabian Symbol where a woman has her hair "bobbed"). Gemini are often very competitive, so maybe she would actually want to fight for her ex husband against the Italian girl friend of her ex now that Sedna is in Gemini, but in a still relatively subtle and female way?

I have two good friends who are both Gemini suns, both born in early Gemini (25 and 26 May, two years apart). They both became essentially bankers and are also as you would imagine rather slim including their faces. The games we played (like table tennis, board games, billards, etc.) when younger were always a quite serious matter to them, winning or losing important. That is of course also reflected in mythology where one of the Dioscuri was into sports and the other in military if I remember correctly.

In early March the transgender woman Noa-Lynn van Leuven (i.e. born as a man and presumably genetically male) won a darts tournament after which two (female) team mates left the team.

Here's her birth chart without houses with the Sedna Gemini ingress outside:

astro_661gw_noalynn_van_leuven_sedna_gemini.20270.2816894.png

To me a lot of recent things around sexes are coming from a generation with Pluto in Sagittarius - plus also aquarian elements, esp. with Pluto in Aquarius. Noa-Lynn van Leuven has Pluto very early in Sagittarius, hence opposite the Sedna ingress and at a sextile to Pluto now. Darts could in a way be considered a variation of archery.

What is coming up with that is whether in sports like darts or chess being genetically male is an actual inherited advantage or not. I presume Sagittarius and Gemini disagree about that.

Recently I think the University of Bern (?) in Switzerland installed some unisex bathrooms and some women complained. The author of the book "Unorthodox", Deborah Feldman, did mention in an interview in German TV that women would often not like transgender women to come to women's bathrooms, because they would be more aggressive or something like that, don't remember exactly. Where would you go as a transgender woman? I guess to a woman's bathroom is generally safer. (How will that be in the future in the "Age of Aquarius"? Maybe architecturally (Aquarius theme) resolved with maybe single bathroom cells and larger ones that could be shared by 2 or 3 and locked up after entering, or what?)

I guess there will be many variations in mundane things around these themes.

A movie titled "Challengers" has come out 26 April 2024 in the US (i.e. the weekend with the Sedna Gemini ingress) where two men apparently court a female tennis player together or something like that. So there is competition and also no competition, but also two men with one woman, Gemini plus Venus...

Hm, the second trailer begins with one of the men eating a banana. Hermes means "pillar" in ancient Greeks, so there is a relatively direct link from Gemini (and Virgo) to the male sex.

Last edited:
(Not sure if this really fits here enough, but certainly relates to the first of the three books I bought just before Sedna moved into Gemini, and also relates at least to some themes of Rashomon which was unexpectedly on TV the day of the ingress in the evening, and considering that etherea wrote "as astrological teaching goes, the first degree of a sign is strongly vibing the sign energy", which seems to be the very much the case with this ingress in my feeling, here it is...)

Today I read the rest of "The Great Gatsby" (May 1st is a public holiday in Zürich and the book is quite short), and I think I will keep the book, which is already a lot for me, I usually buy a lot more books than I read (I only read maybe 1-3 books every year from beginning to end) and even when I do, I might not keep them in the end, maybe mostly my Uranus-Pluto conjunction in Virgo in 3.

I cannot really say what it is in the end, but there is something to the book.

Sure, there were also what might be more veiled hints at things that were or are not acceptable in the bourgeoisie, and there is also something that transpires that has some similarity with Oscar Wilde's short story "The Nightingale and the Rose", where a nightingale sacrifices her heart blood till death in order to provide a red colored rose to a student to whom the daughter of the professor had promised to dance with if he brought her a red rose, but then materialistically refuses in the end, because someone else had given her jewels.

This is arguably a rather gay perspective of relations between men and women, that women would not be worth the love, and there is some truth to it if your perception is not susceptible to women in the heterosexual sense, to what you can get overall.

Metaphysically, the core issue is maybe that one can never be sure if love is mutual, and also not of being able to perceive all aspects of an issue in general...

Here's a copy of a post by me to Usenet from earlier this year, actually quite close to the date when Google Groups stopped archiving new posts this winter...

Subject: The Limits of Control
Date: Tue 14 Feb 2024 20:19:52 CET
Newsgroups: alt.philosophy.taoism

The cat of the neighbors often comes by, Stoscha, a cat that is
clearly smarter than most and also otherwise special. But there
is something he either does not get or maybe simply does not want
to get. He often loves to chase a light spot, either reflected
from the sun with my watch or with a flashlight plus a tube, but
even when I try to show him the connection between my movements
and the light spot by moving, say, my watch close to the ground,
he does not get it or is not interested to get it. Conversely, I
once tried to do something similar with a shadow of something,
but then he just gave me look that said (without exaggeration)
"Do you think I am stupid and don't know what a shadow is?"...

One could argue that in wilderness, shadows are common, can
protect you from the sun, can maybe hide you, can warn you if
some other animals come, and so on, while dots of light might
rather be, say, insects reflecting light with their wings, hence
be prey, or other unusual circumstances or at least ones unlike
the situation with the shadows that are omnipresent.

Makes you, of course, also think of Plato's Cave Allegory, where
light and shadow also play a great role. Anyways, makes me simply
wonder if everybody has things that he/she/* cannot perceive, even
though they might be obvious to many or even practically everybody
else... Men and women, different cultures, and so on, hence the
title, of course also relating to the movie, which I once saw and
also liked, but did not investigate anything around it...

By the way, it seems that the cat still learned a bit how this works over time since then, but still mostly chooses not to care about it, is sort of half aware of it, does not want to destroy the beauty of the illusion. I guess a lot in relationships is also about such things, not knowing all to the bottom, which is maybe a Libra theme, or also Pisces (where Venus is exalted)...

(BTW The Sabian symbol for 30° Pisces is "The Great Stone Face." which may place Saturn favorably there.)

The Great Gatsby way published 10 April 1925 and the publisher was based in NYC, here a chart without houses with outside the middle of the afternoon when I was reading. Maybe most prominent the Venus-Mercury conjunctions in synastry, Venus at publication at 16°50' Aries and yesterday while reading Mercury at 17.x° Aries; retrograde Mercury at publication at 2°24' Taurus and yesterday while reading Venus at 2.x° Taurus. Also a mix with personal themes of me probably, my natal Moon is at 17.x° Aries and 2.x° Taurus is where the moon is traditionally exalted. Also interesting Eris so early in Aries at publication. If you remember, temporary names for the planet were first Lila then Xena, after the TV series "Xena Warrior Princess", and Wikipedia writes "Xena has enjoyed a particular cult status in the lesbian community. Some of the lesbian fan base see Xena and Gabrielle as a couple and have embraced them as role models and lesbian icons.". It is my impression that female homosexuality would have a lot of Aries, opposite Libra for male homosexuality. The actress who plays Xena, Lucy Lawless, has sun/moon/Saturn/n.node in Aries, was married to a man 1988-1995 and has 3 children...

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby
** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xena:_Warrior_Princess#Influence_on_the_lesbian_community

astro_661gw_the_great_gatsby_published_reading.23690.2096924.png

The_Great_Gatsby_Cover_1925_Retouched.jpg
Original cover (image public domain)

PS: In case was not obvious: The Venus-Mercury conjunctions would fit the Sedna themes, Venus-like (pot. domicile in Libra), now in Gemini where Mercury has his domicile, while the "moon angle" is I guess also a theme of Sedna besides one of mine (while with my moon in 10 it sort of automatically also becomes something more general). But enough for the moment, more immediately practical things to do...

Last edited: