Saturn transiting the 7th house

Monaki

Actually, I'm not a cookbook-style astrologer. However, sometimes it can be enriching and helpful to learn about other people's experiences and perspectives.
I'm curious. Do you have any stories to tell about Saturn moving through your 7th house?

Here is a summary of my experiences so far:

- A long-standing friendship of almost exactly 5 years ended out of the blue and for no apparent reason. The person offered support after my stay in hospital, but disappeared into thin air shortly beforehand.

- Loneliness, trust, reliability and commitment have been very much on my mind for a few months now

- I hardly ever tell people anything private about myself. I've become very guarded where people are concerned.

Actually, I'm not a cookbook-style astrologer. However, sometimes it can be enriching and helpful to learn about other people's experiences and perspectives.
I'm curious. Do you have any stories to tell about Saturn moving through your 7th house?

Here is a summary of my experiences so far:

- A long-standing friendship of almost exactly 5 years ended out of the blue and for no apparent reason. The person offered support after my stay in hospital, but disappeared into thin air shortly beforehand.

- Loneliness, trust, reliability and commitment have been very much on my mind for a few months now

- I hardly ever tell people anything private about myself. I've become very guarded where people are concerned.
I had a long-standing friendship of ten years end rather suddenly at the end of 2022, but I think it was a Saturn in the 12H thing. Or maybe it was Pluto in my 11H. Either way, this friendship was something I’d clearly grown out of: It didn’t escape my notice that I’d lost a lot of weight, and this old friend suddenly wanted to meet up very often for drinks, that subsequently turned into restaurant dos. It was clear he was (consciously or subconsciously) trying to sabotage my diet.

Anyway, he failed - and he just stopped talking to me after a while. I wrote him a letter saying goodbye (I don’t like ghosting people), and he didn’t react, but that was fine by me. I actually bumped into him in the street some months later, talking to someone else he was hanging out with, and I said hi. He reacted a bit awkwardly, but I was totally relaxed: I’d been totally open about my intentions. I said hello, shared a short story of what I was up to, and then said goodbye.

I would not take it too hard: Separations happen. Saturn can be a bastard when it comes to loneliness (I felt like I was locked in an asylum while he was transiting my 12H.) Reliability of plans is also an issue (arranging meetings, and having them fall through for the most odd reasons) and people (especially when you organise events, people RSVP and then don’t show up!) As for commitment, I can tell you enough stories of people giving out their phone number, but then going silent after the first text message.

Egh. It’s a mess. But it’s not just you. :)

Can’t comment on not telling anyone anything private about yourself, but for God’s sake don’t tell my mother anything you want to keep secret, or the whole neighbourhood will find out…

I haven't had Saturn transit my 7th house for a long time, but I tracked back and it was quite remarkable (timing wise)

My then BF had to suddenly leave, to go back several hundred miles to his home town, as he found out his father had a terminal illness (reflective of my Saturn Leo in 8th), which he sadly succumbed to. Saturn was exactly conjunct my DC when we got the initial news of the diagnosis.

The BF returned two years later (during a Mercury retrograde!!) when Saturn still in my 7th but changed signs to Leo. We broke up for good when Saturn entered my 10th funnily enough, and we now only speak on birthdays and Christmas (and whenever Venus is retrograde lol).

Last edited:
Thanks to you both for being so open-minded and sharing your own experiences.

@Oliver You know what? You're right. It's not just about me. I don't take it personally, yet it hurts. I always do my best to achieve a balance in relationships. It's always a give and take. Every relationship has its own rhythm in terms of frequency and depth. However, relationships cannot be one-sided. Like a "friend" of mine who occasionally sends me a message to let me know how she's doing, asks how I'm doing. And then I reply into the void. After a few weeks, the same game.
We had quite a lenghty talk about commitment and ghosting in the lunar return thread. It is a mess! And I don't know what to do about it.

It's something that really concerns me. Loneliness can turn into mental and physical health issues.

I was curious about Saturn moving through my 12th and turned the wheel back to that time. It marked the beginning of the end of a horrible relationship. When Saturn entered my 1st house, I met someone new (twice). Makes sense since it's opposite the 7th house.

@Penguin Trauma
Seems that the 10th house was much about your social status during that transit. Funny that you always get back in touch when Venus is retrograde. Also interesting that Saturn on your DC was more about your partner going through hardships, which is also a possible expression of that transit. My mother found out about my father's incurable disease when Saturn was in her 7th.

Last edited:
@Monaki - ah, that's not really a friendship, hence I totally understand why you used quotes. That's more along the lines of "I'm just checking to see if you're still alive. Maybe I might want something from you soon. But don't call me - I'll call you." I also had a business partner go silent on me, and after three delivered (and read) messages, I decided to stop talking with them. Learned something about their finances some weeks later and I wrote back to them, but I told them to be honest and frank with me: Communication always has to be part of the deal.

(For me, especially: I have Ceres in Gemini, also in my 3H, so I get hurt really easily when people just cut me off or just don't bother replying to me.)

Ah, you also had a relationship end when transited your 12H? I had a divorce, so I guess that counts! Saturn just entered my 1H this week, so I have my fingers crossed - for both romantic and business partners.

Saturn tests the house it's in, though. I think the 12H is a test of faith: Saturn just takes your life, turns it upside down and shakes it like a snow globe, and everything's a complete mess. Nothing works out as planned. 7H is a test of partners, and I'd say it's possible that a partner can make the grade with Saturn passing through this house, but there has to be work from both sides. If one partner works on themself - but the other doesn't - then the relationship will likely fail. Saturn in the 1H might be a test of "self" - hmm, how does that work? "You seem to be doing very nicely by yourself - okay, let's add someone to your life and see how you cope then!"

When Saturn was in my 12th, I was finally able to leave the relationship for good. Finally! I needed some help, but it didn't suffer too long from the separation. All of a sudden I could let go of him and move on. Never missed him or wondered how he's doing.

It's the second round of Saturn in my 7th house. I was a teenager 30 years ago, and I felt like people rejected me for being who I am. Terrible times, but the teenage years are often like that, aren't they? Given the age, there wasn't anything specific about that transit, but it shaped me and my dealings with people.

Saturn in the 6th meant a lot of sweating and working, also many sacrifices due to a tremendous amount of work and duties. In the end, however, I learned a lot, got my sh*t together and achieved a lot in my job. It was unrewarding many times. Once Saturn moved into my 7th the situation changed slowly but surely, and I was offered a job that I'm really looking forward to starting this summer.

Long story short: I hope that Saturn will also bring positive things in terms of intimate / private relationships.

I had a hard time with tr Saturn in the 7 th and tr Pluto in the 1 st making squares to all my oppositions.
Pluto wanted to do everything my way, my partner and also myself didn’t give in etc.
At the same time tr Neptune making a square to my Asc/ Neptune and Desc/ Jupiter. 😅
This transit saved our relationship to a certain point.
With tr Saturn we were able to communicate about our problems, personal boundaries

My daughter just had tr Saturn on her desc. She and her boyfriend had a certain breakdown with tr cheiron to her Venus. With tr Saturn right on the Desc she blocked him on the socials. It was to hard to receive messages etc.
At the same time she had a major exam for art school. I wondered how that would turn out.
But with Saturn ruling her 5 th house, she was able to present her views and got recognition. Also positive

I remember a school teacher at school telling us that if he had the opportunity to go back in time and become a teenager again, he wouldn't do it because it was so awful. Tongue firmly in cheek, he could have been gloating or sympathising. Or, possibly, even both!

Saturn crossed my Ascendant soon after my 19th birthday, as I recall. It was not a particularly happy time in my life. The university I went to only had student digs for the 1st year students - if you had a multi-year course, as most of us did, you had to find your own accommodation on the private rental market. I must have moved address at least 3 times within the first 3-4 months. It was a nightmare.

The course itself was not too bad, but there were a couple of modules where one of the tutors was obviously taking the piss (I remember that he asked us to write a program to predict the stock exchange, just off the cuff: No specification. No details. No testing criteria. He ended up retracting the assignment and assigning something a little more reasonable, but not before we'd all kicked up something of a fuss, and presumably one of his colleagues had had a word or two in his ear about using SMART criteria.) So, there were some clashes with authority.

I'll have to have a look at a few periods of my life where Saturn was chunked into certain houses. Sounds like an interesting idea, at least while I still have all my marbles. :)

I will probably spend the next few months exploring this transit and experiencing it live.

a. Yesterday I talked with someone whose ascendant is at 4 degrees Virgo. So Saturn already passed over her descedent three times.
She felt very lonely, even around people. It was unbearable, she said.

b. An old love resurfaced in my mind and heart and I realized how much my fears had thwarted that love. This is both sobering and relieving in a way, because it made no sense to me why this love never led to a decent relationship. In other words, there were no external reasons, nor was there a lack of love. Enough said. I'll see what experiences and insights Saturn brings in the coming months. Thankfully, it's Saturn, not Neptune. So things get real, in one way or another.

c. Today I signed my contract for the new job I'm starting in the summer. This time it's not a fixed-term contract. This is the first time ever. I was really looking forward to this moment. My income will get a significant boost. However, when I got up this morning, I got cold feet. My new boss waited patiently six months before I finally let him know my decision, because he really wanted to hire me. I must have made a very good impression.

It is a big opportunity. I've crawled up the career ladder and I'm delighted that someone believes in me. The expectations of me are high and I realize: this time it's going to be serious. This time I have to deliver. More responsibility. More maturity.
This experience is a textbook example of Saturn in the seventh house, I'd say.

I'll be sharing some of my experiences in the coming months for people who are interested in how this transit can play out, or if anyone is willing to share their own experiences.

I would be happy if the thread focuses mainly on Saturn transit in the 7th house. 🙂

I have Saturn Transit in my 7th house too.
in March he was from there in opposition to my Sun. a couple of days I was in a very bad mood.😑

In coming october, november and december Saturn will go retrograde, stationary and eventually direct in opposition to my sun.
hence, 3 month of Saturn in the 7th house in opposition to my sun. 😟

Sounds challenging @wanda. Was there anything else you noticed during the first hit? The Sun rules your 12th house. Those transits are more difficult to track down. It was only recently that I realized what Venus retrograde in my 12th house last year was all about.

the first hit of Saturn in my 7th house in opposition to my sun was quick, because Saturn was moving fast. So I was glad that my bad mood was only a couple of days.

and someone from the past wrote me, that he wants to meet me. We were a couple 14 years ago, haven't seen each other for 10 years now. back then he ghosted me.
and the relationship was a mess anyway.

I'm thinking about the relationship since he contacted me.
because before I had forgotten about him. I'm done with him anyway. So it is weird to me, to have him back in my thoughts.
I for myself would never have contacted him.

When we met 14 years ago, he had Transit Saturn in his 7th house. He said back then after we were together for a while: he cannot live with me nor without me.

Then he ghosted me.
it took me 2 years to work that relationship through on an emotional level.
I had to do it all by myself, because back then he never answered any mail from me to him.

after 2 years I was done. I checked off from him. Then I forgot about him.

When Saturn entered my 7th house he suddenly contacted me with email. Because the day was his birthday, I responded.

He quickly came to the point that he wanted to meet me.
He regrets having lost me and regrets all the bad things he did back then, when we were a couple. he even wrote me, that I'm the love of his life. he asked me to forgive him.

I then saw that Saturn is transiting his 12th house.
hence, I understand whats going on with him.

But I cannot help him with his inner emotional work, because I have done that already many years ago by myself and I'm done with him.

I have no need nor interest to meet him. For me the case is closed.
He has to do his inner psychological work about our back-then relationship all by himself alone, with now Saturn in his 12th house.
He then has to let me go and move on with other women.

I don't see me staying in contact with him, nor even meet with him. not in a million years. It is not my concern, that Saturn in his 12th house reworks our relationship.

before Transit Saturn entered my 7th house I said to myself, that during this time I avoid close contact to anybody.
Because I know that Saturn will make others to reject me. I have no need to experience that on purpose. no, thanks.

I wait now until the Saturn Transit in my 7th house is done. the coming month of October, November, December with Saturn in opposition to my sun, I will just keep quiet and don't want to be seen by anybody.
and the bad mood I might get from that transit I have to handle somehow.

Last edited:
Thank for sharing your story @wanda. One can feel the pain you went through back then.

It seems that the 12th house concludes what we have experienced during the journey above the horizon, from house 7 to 11. That‘s true for both of you, given that the Sun rules your 12th house.

Transits in opposition are relational. The transiting planet is often represented by someone or something outside of us. Saturn in opposition to your Sun warns you not to waste your life energy and rather use it wisely. Those people or events belong to any topics related to the 7th house.

@wanda - Actually, moving on with other women is not entirely correct with a Saturn in 12H transit: He'll meet a lot of women, yes, but it's likely that few (if any) of them will figure in his (or their) long-term plans. Saturn in the 12H is a time of dissolution, when everything you thought you knew you could rely on is taken apart, piece by piece (including your sanity).

It's not your problem, though: As you've said, you've already processed this relationship. He hasn't. The best you can say is that you understand what he's going through, and that the next 2-3 years are going to be pretty lonely - because that's how 12H Saturn transits are. The words are going to seem very hollow to him now (and tell him you understand this), but he's going to have to learn to have faith - because his entire world is going to be turned upside down and shaken like a snow globe. Everything he thought he could rely on is going to dissolve right under his feet.

I also wrote to an old flame during my 12H Saturn transit. She's actually the one that inspired me to get into astrology, funnily enough. But I recognised that there was no future between us, and there could never be - because, even apart from our respective situations, she was an entirely different person from the woman I knew 20+ years ago, so I ended things properly (this time - our parting was also somewhat wild) and wrote her a nice goodbye letter. If I bump into her again for any reason, there will not be any awkwardness, because I know I handled the situation with sufficient grace.

I don't think I will, though.

But Saturn in the 12H is intangible - you often can't take anything new out with you. Only spirituality, and you get to develop that during periods of being alone. It might seem mean, cruel or simply inhumane - but you can't hide from yourself anymore, because Saturn will keep everyone else at arm's length! Saturn doesn't take no for an answer, either: If you resist those lessons, you will likely end up inside a prison or an asylum - so that appointment with yourself is not missed. Rather than filling a void in your life with someone else, it's better to try and fill it with yourself. *

* I know it sounds so glib: I also know, from painful experience, that putting this into practice is nowhere near as easy as reading about it! Finding yourself is an incredibly personal journey, and if you try to copy what everyone else does, you'll end up frustrated and demotivated. Beware of any spiritual mentor who tells you that it's their way or the highway, or even says they won't help you further until you're back "on track".

(If you ever end up mentoring anyone else, the least you can do is possess the grace to understand that their lessons are likely very different from yours, and they will need to take a different path. Don't assume you know exactly what they need to do - you'll only drive them away.)

I found Saturn both denies happiness in my marriage during Saturn in 7th. On the opposing end Saturn offers work one-to-one personal training clients. Solidity, maturity came also as I learned to rely mostly more on myself and if he's in a good mood great, if not I can just ignore him 😂 @Monaki

Saturn in my 8th he's nice again.

I found Saturn both denies happiness in my marriage during Saturn in 7th. On the opposing end Saturn offers work one-to-one personal training clients. Solidity, maturity came also as I learned to rely mostly more on myself and if he's in a good mood great, if not I can just ignore him 😂 @Monaki

Saturn in my 8th he's nice again.
Does your husband know you're posting about him on here? ;)

Does your husband know you're posting about him on here? ;)
Yes he doesn't care.
He is a selfless, kind man who always thinks of me first. During my Saturn transits (poor natal placement) tends to create distance and loneliness for me. He is not unkind, just less overly thoughtful than normal during that transit, same as when it went through 5th.

Last edited:
Yes he doesn't care.
He is a selfless, kind man who always thinks of me first. During my Saturn transits (poor natal placement) tends to create distance and loneliness for me. He is not unkind, just less overly thoughtful than normal during that transit, same as when it went through 5th.
Now I could have sworn you were talking about Saturn. :)

Now I could have sworn you were talking about Saturn. :)
well yes indeed. He is very saturnian with Saturn exactly opposite NN so he embodies long standing commitment. He is giving and thoughtful in a practical way. Like he will. buy me fruit if he thinks I will run out. He will leave the heat on etc. when he knows I'm coming home. He is very set in his traditions of care. When Saturn comes around sometimes he is occupied by other things thus Saturn becomes unpleasant as he keeps to himself as an introvert. I see Saturn and just ride it out and spend more time alone. We all have our ebs and flows and my chart has Moon trine Saturn which has always related to the older men in my life. He is much older than I. He embodies Saturn in every way. The kindness is more the Jupiter in Pisces. The explosiveness Moon in Aries, among others. Saturn for me limits closeness with others and becomes work related.