Saturn in Pisces - 7th March 2023

(I did put this in the wrong section... so moved it to here)

In mundane astro the outer planets are actually leading.
They show us timelines because they are so slow.
We see the coloring of signs beautifully on the world stage.
But in the personal birth chart we cannot interpret Uranus, Neptune and Pluto in signs because everyone of our generation has these planets in the same sign. There's nothing personal about it. That is why we also call them generation planets.

Saturn is the last planet before the outers. It is, as it were, a 'border planet'.
It's not fast, but it's not very slow either.
With him too I emphasize placement in the house and aspects and I leave the sign out of consideration in the personal chart because everyone born within 2.5 years has Saturn in the same sign.
However, he goes a bit too fast for interpretation of the world stage and the change of eras.
At most, he can put the brakes on certain qualities of signs, but especially in consultation (aspects) with other outer planets, he can push for real change.

We always have to be extra careful when interpreting Pisces. The sign is so fluid that before you know it everyone sees pink elephants flying around.
For many astrologers Pisces is about spirituality, love and care, while on the world stage these things never dominate.
If you read Lynn Bell's article that Etherea added in reply 28, you will see another pitfall of Pisces.
Lynn makes Pisces eat Saturn…
Suddenly Saturn loses its qualities and becomes a helpless victim in the hands of Pisces…

But Saturn is the living planet. The archetype of the brake, limitation and responsibility in each of us. When Saturn passes through Pisces, he doesn't suddenly stop limiting! He is going to use those qualities to limit the chaos of Pisces!
If you look at the last 2.5 years we see that Saturn has inhibited democracy (Aquarius). All kinds of coercive laws were launched: mandatory face masks, mandatory QR codes, mandatory lock downs etc etc. Politics got a taste for it and in my country municipalities are now obliged to house asylum seekers who are given priority over ordinary home seekers.
It was not Aquarius (liberty, equality, brotherhood) that dominated the Saturnal characteristics, but it was Saturn that restrained the Aquarius traits.

Saturn is going to brake woke for the next 2.5 years… slow down asylum flows…. and oppose climate measures.
These are the 3 themes that got out of hand under Neptune in Pisces. And as long as Neptune is still in Pisces, it may very well be 'fighting a losing battle'... But the protests against these themes will get louder and political parties that want to limit (Saturn) these themes will win big.
But also consider Pisces' ability to obscure the truth… lie or keep things secret. Saturn can cause big surprises there too….
Interesting perspective. I wonder if we won’t all experience a form of disillusionment of ideas, people, tribes, etc that we’ve put on a pedestal while Saturn is in Pisces. Neptune has created or expanded many illusions, revered gurus, high ideals, etc. Following the theme of restrictions and limitations, this could extend to seeing what we have put on a pedestal in a much more stark and limiting reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane Fonda helped to a UN treaty to help protect the oceans. Beyond 200 miles outside countries there have been no laws over sharks, dolphins, tuna, whales etc. New global oceans treaty has put regulations on the high oceans. 30% of oceans are now marine sanctuaries

I am beginning to feel Saturn in Pisces personally now. I have been challenged to be in my 'feels' more often. I am used to open it and close it, dependent on where I am and who I am with, but now I've been asked to be continually in my feelings.
Not an easy task for a Moon conjunct Uranus kind of person.

I am not sure if this is saturn in pisces or pluto entering aquarius:
- yesterday we had a power outage for 5 hours, even water was cut out
- I heard of a car accident on the way to school, 3 classmates of my daughter are injured
- a school bus had an accident, cz of a drunk driver also in a close region to where I live

saturn transiting my 3rd house.. will conjunct natal mars ruler of the 4th.

Yes, Saturn has already begun to give me its goodies in the 3rd house. A family crisis is reaching its climax, and it seems that I will be the one who will need to sacrifice to bring harmony. Sun in Pisces. I hope I will keep some faith and withstand 🙏

tr saturn with less than 1 degree from my natal mars and today I went to the doctor, cause I was sick in the last days. He said I have migraine 😣 . He said i need to slow down. Although I have tr pluto oppo natal jupiter, I had with this advice to think of tr saturn.

You had a meeting with dr. Saturn ;)
I have him conjunct my Sun now, slowing down too.
Thought it would be about a lot of responsibility, but it is about boundaries, slowing down, and being thorough.
Very helpfull, he is transforming my life in a good way.

You had a meeting with dr. Saturn ;)
I have him conjunct my Sun now, slowing down too.
Thought it would be about a lot of responsibility, but it is about boundaries, slowing down, and being thorough.
Very helpfull, he is transforming my life in a good way.
which aspects does your sun make in your chart?
I ask, because I have heavily hard aspected sun and saturn in my chart, almost all in red :rolleyes: except to uranus with trine.

Sun square MC (feeling this one, can't do all the work I am supposed to do, but clear boundaries are helping to do what I can do, so making it work as good as I am able to, still this one is difficult)
Sun trine Pluto
Sun sextile Jupiter
Sun conjunct Lilith (I ve been challenged to bent, first instinct was to flee but I chose to stay, stick with the negativity from people, reacting to my boundaries)

Sun square MC (feeling this one, can't do all the work I am supposed to do, but clear boundaries are helping to do what I can do, so making it work as good as I am able to, still this one is difficult)
Sun trine Pluto
Sun sextile Jupiter
Sun conjunct Lilith (I ve been challenged to bent, first instinct was to flee but I chose to stay, stick with the negativity from people, reacting to my boundaries)
in my experience, even with harmonic aspects, tr saturn implies certain tasks that need to be done. the difference is that harmonic aspects are about strengthening or building on what you have in relation to the aspected houses, while hard aspects require restructuring or adjustment. Slowing down helps ofcourse to look closer, be more mindful about what you are doing.

Mm mainly doing spiritual work now. Not sure what I am doing but it takes a lot of time and energy. And why I can't put al my energy in my main job anymore. Having two jobs now. It seems.
Still figuring out what it is what I am doing, spiritually. I feel connections to people, feel what they are feeling or thinking, wanting, it seems like I am healing them too. But again still figuring this out, like a docter. When you've done something, you need to watch and wait what happens. It can take a while when you have enough results to say, yes I am doing X and y and have these results.
It doesn't feel like a burden though or as lot of responsibility. Just moving where my instincts lead me. But it does take extra time and energy.

Mm mainly doing spiritual work now. Not sure what I am doing but it takes a lot of time and energy. And why I can't put al my energy in my main job anymore. Having two jobs now. It seems.
Still figuring out what it is what I am doing, spiritually. I feel connections to people, feel what they are feeling or thinking, wanting, it seems like I am healing them too. But again still figuring this out, like a docter. When you've done something, you need to watch and wait what happens. It can take a while when you have enough results to say, yes I am doing X and y and have these results.
It doesn't feel like a burden though or as lot of responsibility. Just moving where my instincts lead me. But it does take extra time and energy.
it depends on what you mean by spirituality :unsure:. if you take it into the level of daily practice and advancing it, it can be the work of saturn. with trine to pluto you are in the process of deeping the work.

it depends on what you mean by spirituality :unsure:. if you take it into the level of daily practice and advancing it, it can be the work of saturn. with trine to pluto you are in the process of deeping the work.

Usually I am out when things get dark, people getting dark. Trying to stay positive and lighthearted but it seems Saturn is asking me to stay with the dark of other people. When they get mad, manipulative, feeling low etcetera, I stay now. With my energy, not only in person but also energetic, I feel it at a distance. Can open myself up, read them, surround them and heal them. It is starting to be an everyday practice now. And it is very serious work, no laughing..no very serious. Be stil and hold them, no judgement. For someone who likes to flutter around.. this feels like the impact of Saturn, needing to set boundaries too, slowing down, be there, really be there.

Starting to notice an interesting theme that is growing since Saturn entered Pisces. More in terms of colloquial language

When people are about to discuss a positive feeling on something, it's prefaced with, "I'm not being all sparkly pink unicorn woooo here, but ...."

Almost like a disclaimer! 🦄😁 Saturn doesn't do unicorns, of course. People seem more conscious of false positivity.

What Saturn in the last months brought to me:
Tr Saturn conjunct natal Mars 4 Pisces, Mars ruler of the 4th house.

- more responsibilities in the family due to illness

- Disappointment with best friends who break off their relationships with me, and let me down, when I really needed them, as if I carry this saturnian aura or cloud over me and no one wants to have anything to do with me.

Loneliness, coldness and frustration

I wonder what does saturn have for me when he next march arrives to conjunct my sun 14 Pisces (🤮)

sorry for the negative mood!

@Lunasel - yeah, I hear you. Saturn is about to park his big hairy arse within about 50' of my Sun (29°40' Aquarius), when he stations direct in a few days. He's also in my 12H, and I've gotten used to feeling like a leper. So, trust me, I know the feeling. Isolation is something you get very used to.

But, apparently, I have heard that there is actually Life After Saturn ™. So there's that. :)

Still, he likes to challenge: Back in 1993, Saturn also stationed retrograde within 39' of my Sun (even closer than next month), and then zoomed past again in January 1994. It was a hell of a way to usher in my 18th birthday. (Not to mention the fact that the Moon, the Nodes and Pluto were all squaring my Sun on my 18th solar return. So I don't know that it's fair to blame just Saturn for the fact that my 18th birthday felt like utter crap, but I'm pretty sure he had a hand in it.)

My own experience with Saturn conjunct Sun is one of utter exhaustion. Your brain simply feels like a handbrake has been applied, and whenever you try to apply effort, you end up just spinning wheels. Focus goes right out of the window. Bills end up being unpaid. (I'm usually really good with keeping on top of paperwork, too! I used to do all the paperwork in the family, and I used to be really obsessive about it too - even doing stuff well in advance, rather than waiting until I got a deadline or a reminder.) Saturn will make you feel like you're mentally crippled, or barely even able to function as an adult!

I'm not sure if it's just a Saturn conjunct Sun thing, or whether it's specific to the 12H, but there's often this feeling of pointlessness to life, thinking that there's no purpose to your existence. Then there's the dread, anxiety and extreme worthlessness. That happens extremely often, and it's frustrating as hell - because you want to find your purpose, but it eludes you. Mind you, the 4H is also a water house, so I would imagine that Saturn is no cakewalk there either ... but still, I can't imagine it would be easy.

@Lunasel Saturn - Saturn removes your Mars go power as if country skiing on dirt painfully dragging yourself. I have the natal so it’s a real treat 😝. I’d focus on the strength you have within you and see what you gain from slowing down and having time to yourself. Only make time for those that stand by you.

I had almost all friends abandon me when my life got hard - it teaches you who your Real friends are! I’m hindsight it was an eye opener experience.

If you are a day chart Saturn is not so difficult as Mars; night chart Saturn embodies som slow down difficulties. Saturn the teacher can help us learn something.

Saturn Pisces has manifested literally for me 🤦 damn leaky toilet!

Plumber coming to fix it this week, Saturn is stationing ready to go direct next week. Putting a barrier literally to prevent the leak from happening again. Getting the job done correctly

By the time Saturn is direct, I believe that the leaks will have stopped by then and everything will be all dry 🙂

Saturn Pisces has manifested literally for me 🤦 damn leaky toilet!

Plumber coming to fix it this week, Saturn is stationing ready to go direct next week. Putting a barrier literally to prevent the leak from happening again. Getting the job done correctly

By the time Saturn is direct, I believe that the leaks will have stopped by then and everything will be all dry 🙂
That's a good one - where I was today, the water stopped completely (workmen outside dug through the mains pipes).