Predictive Astrology: which one do you use?

Could you give me a short description of how to use minor progressions? When I pull up that chart on Astro seek it’s the same as the Lunar return. According to this article https://www.astro.com/astrology/tma_article201214_e.htm , however, it doesn’t equal planetary returns. I’ve seen the column on the left that shows the age of the LR, but the Moon is still in her natal position. Just curious.
Each LR after birth equals a year of life. This is why the Moon is always on the same degree/minute and also why I said that they resemble Solar Return in the sense that it describes the whole year, the important events.
So I have an age in mind that something important took place in my life. You click on the number on the left hand side and there it goes!
Check both the stand alone chart, but also the bi-wheel with natal!! Look mostly for angular placements and conj. to natal planets/angles. Use relatively tight orbs.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. This is why I was confused.

Moon: The minor progressed (MP) Moon’s sign changes and aspects to other planets are also very important to observe. The MP Moon progresses at the rate of about 1° per day.

I took a quick look at some bigger years where major things happened in my life. Maybe I need more time to get a feeling for this, but so far I didn’t come across some “catchy” configurations. I’ll give it another try some time later.

Thank you for your help. This is why I was confused.

I took a quick look at some bigger years where major things happened in my life. Maybe I need more time to get a feeling for this, but so far I didn’t come across some “catchy” configurations. I’ll give it another try some time later.
I think the article is about how you can progress the Moon. Progressing the Moon hasn't helped me, or I didn't do it the right way, I am not certain. What I was refering to is having a look at the Minor progressed Moon that corresponds to the age we had when a major event took place like our marriage, births etc.

There is really a problem with most methods which are based on micro orbs; they require a very close to real world birth time; which we rarely have.

Another - even more important - issue is deviation from and ignorance of nature, just by using methods that were invented by humans - sometimes even more than 2000 years ago -, but not withstanding scientific verification.

Astrology was invented by analyzing connections between constellations or astronomical events plus processes and events on earth. We still know this procedures as transits; which everybody can check scientifically.

That's why predictions using methods except transits - which reflect nature - are rarely targeting.

Furthermore, there is a misconception about what information about the future astrology can deliver. If there would be a great bunch of astrological information that could be brought to light regularly, - in over 3000 years - somebody must have found the corresponding method. Or in other words, you can find everything in chart what you want to find.

So, astrology nowadays is more religion, believe and illusion, and less what and how it was intended to be, when astrology was invented as a science more than 3000 years ago. We can choose between many different methods, it's arbitrary, and thus not safe.

I usually start with the primary directions (van dam) and the sec progressions. Afterwards I will also look at the transits.
I think the primary directions coincide more with the larger events. e.g. marriage, illness, children, career, etc.
sec progressions have more of an inner need that changes, you add something extra etc
the transits encourage this in their own way. sometimes the timer is also a transit of mars and the moon.

just like how to interpret a chart you should first look for at least 3 confirmations in the same direction.
lets say you have tr pluto through your 2nd house
there is a sec progression to the ruler of the 2nd house
and some primary direction to venus or a planet in the 2nd house. here you could have a theme.
then you don't know exactly what this person wants with it. therefore interaction is necessary. you can make a general asssumption that there is something going on there..

the strength of the planet is also important how it could turn out. and the afflictions. you will have a different path with a planet in detriment then with a strong angular position.

i do like the profections as well. here I'm just looking at the iterations of the contacts a profection ruler makes in the SR. just the planets, not the same aspects. see if the promise of the natal chart emerges. only for that actually.
also place the natal profection ruler in the SR to see if it also makes those contacts. check if the profection ruler is angular.
the position of the profection ruler in the natal, but also in the solar return.
and then look at the transits from and to the profection ruler to look at which day these natal planets are in contact again.
only for major events..
Iris:)70 gave me another tool to look at. the annual profections and the medieval continuous profections. and sometimes they are spot on.

firdaria also nice. For example, you can see with successful people that with a good placement of a firdaria period planet, they also have that success in that period. and so also the more difficult periods with a weaker placement.
it's generally about how you deal with the things that come your way.
and to translate your potential in your own unique way. and enjoy it.
I hadn't heard of Fideria before, thanks so much. Also I use profections, but what is medieval continuous profections?

My friend just gave birth. Her LOY = moon. SR Moon in 10th, SA Moon conjunct IC, transit nodal return and Full Moon on her nodes in Aries/Libra were triggered when she gave birth. Very could cool. SR also same angles as natal.

I've noticed that Progressed Draconic is also accurate. My natal progress Sun is in Libra - early degree - (don't feel it unless perhaps less emphasis on emotions, i think I'm a bit 'colder' inside); however, in Draco chart Sun (also early degree) is in Capricorn. It's like, suddenly my job is important - meaning, it's important that I keep that job. It's important that I Have a job. I'm a natal Leo so these new feeling of - whatever happens, happens - as long as you're employed is kinda new to me, ngl.

I've noticed that Progressed Draconic is also accurate. My natal progress Sun is in Libra - early degree - (don't feel it unless perhaps less emphasis on emotions, i think I'm a bit 'colder' inside); however, in Draco chart Sun (also early degree) is in Capricorn. It's like, suddenly my job is important - meaning, it's important that I keep that job. It's important that I Have a job. I'm a natal Leo so these new feeling of - whatever happens, happens - as long as you're employed is kinda new to me, ngl.
I agree, Draconic charts are extremely informative and illustrative. The potential difference in sign energy to tropical (depending upon where natal nodes lie) can give a very different flavour to all progressed contacts and movements, and often is much more descriptive of outer events and inner development than tropical.

In my progressed Draco, starting later this month and continuing for another eighteen months or so, I have a huge set of big influences about to occur (transits to Draco chart, sign changes, house changes), which are either not there, configure differently or are of much less stature in my tropical progressed chart.

I think I am about to enter a Cosmic Washing Machine Cycle. "Out, damn spot!".

I was reading about the Draconic chart, which is considered karmic, and the position and aspects of the Moon are the most important. It reveals information about spiritual karma, showing who you truly are internally and also shedding light on past lives. However, I have always believed, as I got that from an experienced astrologer, that the spiritual blueprint is best seen through the 9th harmonic chart.

I agree, Draconic charts are extremely informative and illustrative. The potential difference in sign energy to tropical (depending upon where natal nodes lie) can give a very different flavour to all progressed contacts and movements, and often is much more descriptive of outer events and inner development than tropical.

In my progressed Draco, starting later this month and continuing for another eighteen months or so, I have a huge set of big influences about to occur (transits to Draco chart, sign changes, house changes), which are either not there, configure differently or are of much less stature in my tropical progressed chart.

I think I am about to enter a Cosmic Washing Machine Cycle. "Out, damn spot!".
Etherea, where can you get the D. progressed chart calculated?

Etherea, where can you get the D. progressed chart calculated?
Hi @Lunasel

If you go to astro.com, select your natal chart on the Chart Selection page, and then, where it says "Zodiac and houses", you will see the heading 'zodiac', followed by option buttons for:

tropical
sidereal
draconitic

Click on the draconitic button. This will enable you to see your draconic natal chart.

For bringing up the progressed chart, click on the Chart type, scroll down to 'progressed chart' or 'progressed chart and natal' and select that.

This will bring up your D. progressed chart.

Another interesting option is to look at your Draconic chart compared to your natal.
Click back on 'tropical', and then on the Chart type, scroll right down to where you will see 'comparison natal-draconitic'.
The key points in that comparison would be conjunctions (within 2-3 degrees) and oppositions (again, using quite tight orbs).
You may find some very interesting info about how you experience your chart in response to transits, etc. from the Draco perspective.

There is a thread on Draconic stuff on this forum, so you can discuss this topic and your chart there: