Money, money, money

How do members view the US financial situation, with relation to the debt ceiling and de-dollarisation (which continues apace)? Some financial astrologers are talking about a precarious financial situation rearing its head this summer, dates given ranging from April 27 of this year.

I know this crosses over with the US thread, but I think the current position will affect a lot more places than the US.

Thoughts invited.

One thing we've not really covered in this thread in depth is: Inflation (Neptune).

Banks are pushing up interest rates in a fictitious belief (Neptune) that doing so prevents people spending. This pre-supposes that consumer spending has been the cause of rampant inflation pretty much everywhere - which it is not.

It is convenient for these same banks to forget the 'quantitative easing" (printing money, e.g. de-valuation), which is the real cause - overmuch money supply and consequent dwindling value of the money - which took place during the "let's buy all the shots, let's put everyone on furlough, let's funnel money to our cronies for PPE", e.g. squandering-nations'-money-left,-right,-centre phase of our countries' recent histories.

So, the official line is that pushing up prices can help with - increased prices?
This is a farcical, circular argument that equates to utter nonsense. And potential exponentially multiplied re-possession rate/bankruptcies, etc.

How do members see Jupiter's move into Taurus in relation to this, bearing in mind that Taurus is a money sign?
And Saturn - there appears to be no diminution of the madness, thus far. Sober evaluations are also in short supply, and Neptune is still leading the field (ocean?).

I can see that Neptune also has a fair bit to do with the "living on credit card" scenario - spending money that doesn't exist (exactly as governments have shown them by example) - "On the Never-Never", as it used to be called.

I honestly cannot say specifically, but this has Jupiter's fingerprints all over it. I actually feel this might be because of Jupiter being Pisces' co-ruler in Saturn. Jupiter moving into Taurus might accentuate the influence.

the petro-dollar is over. result of the pluto return taking place in h2
Zimbabwe has already joined BRICS.

BRICS is rapidly becoming a powerful instrument for Africa and SA’s development​

How do members view the US financial situation, with relation to the debt ceiling and de-dollarisation (which continues apace)? Some financial astrologers are talking about a precarious financial situation rearing its head this summer, dates given ranging from April 27 of this year.

I know this crosses over with the US thread, but I think the current position will affect a lot more places than the US.

Thoughts invited.

biden refuses to even negotiate with mccarthy & the gop until the majority-led rep house allows the debt ceiling to be raised!
they want to continue spending/laundering money but gop put a halt on all that.
the financial restructuring will reach a tipping point in the upcoming lunar eclipsei n scorpio on may 5th.
moon will be opposing uranus/north node; countries in the brics alliance will gain big time with jupiter in aries initiating change

stickevers an excellent mundane/financial astrologer; i used to follow him a lot but don't belong to fakebook
will have to check him out on twitter now!

Silver has started to rise in value, around the time of the recent eclipse, after many years slacking. At time of writing, it is now over £23 GBP per ounce, after years of languishing at around £18-20.

Perhaps all that Aries "get up and go" energy........?

As economies falter under un-payable levels of debt, precious metals provide something of a haven and bulwark against insane levels of inflation (Neptune in anaresis promises this to increase by far) , so I don't think the silver price is necessarily a good sign.

It is also interesting that the old solutions - silver and gold, Sun&Moon - are still very much in the running even with all the stuff about Bitcoin.
It will be interesting in the long term to see which supersedes which.

@etherea - That's interesting. Pretty much all my savings are in silver, though I'm not expecting the price to rise significantly until after I'm forced to sell it all! But I did hold gold since 2007 (and have held silver since 2012) - and the recent price action is interesting. The West is clearly losing control of pricing.

Bitcoin is a passing fad: When energy gets really expensive (and it will), Bitcoin will be outlawed, because its huge energy usage and inefficiency (<0.1%) will mandate this. Think about efficiency standards introduced for diesel cars and buses, and consider that these vehicles are orders of magnitude more efficient than Bitcoin. When you can't buy stuff for Bitcoin (because it's illegal, and anyone found accepting Bitcoin will be shut down under financial regulations and environmental protection laws) or have it exchanged for fiat currency (which is the only thing that supports its value, BTW), Bitcoin will be recognised as the Monopoly money it really is.

Bitcoin's value proposition was that people could buy stuff without governments interfering. That hasn't materialised: I can't waltz into a corner shop and buy an ice cream with Bitcoin. But that was never the plan, anyway - and you can't tell me that in 16 years since 2008, not one player has gotten a widely-accepted BTC payment terminal off the ground because of "lack of interest".

Bitcoin was intended to be an inflation sponge, designed to absorb the extra money being injected into the economy by the private banks - and in this regard, Bitcoin and its cryptocurrency peers have been a resounding success. When the time comes to shut off the internet and introduce its regionally-segmented replacement (see SCION internet architecture) that won't allow cross-border traffic without a permit, the central bankers will stick the pin in Bitcoin - and anyone still silly enough to be holding BTC will lose their shirt.

I invested in IOTA some years back, and I was part of their community for a while. They had a really good system. They could have owned the market, and I think they didn't because they weren't meant to: They were just meant to get peoples' attention, their money and keep the hype machine going - so that the money doesn't end up in the real economy, pushing up the price of food, energy and housing. All they had to do was implement a successful peer-to-peer protocol and a payment terminal. That's it. But they kept fumbling around with introducing "smart contracts", which is another way of saying "programmable money", which allows you to do things like expire money if it hasn't been spent in a certain time. Even now, they still haven't implemented full decentralisation (elimination of the coordinator) - they've been talking about it for years, but somehow they always prioritised something else.

I left in disgust, sold my tokens when they were still above $1 in value (they're now ~10% of that value, now) and I never looked back. Fortunately I never got out of precious metals, but cryptocurrency did interest me - for a while, anyway. However, it raised more hard questions than it answered, and when it comes to hard questions, I do not like evasive answers. Many crypto currency projects changed plans as often as I change my underwear, and this did not inspire my confidence.

Bitcoin does have a lot of vulnerability about energy supply/blackouts, etc. All investments have vulnerabilities, but Bitcoin has been popularly seen as being a case apart.

The processing centre is apparently under Three Gorges Dam, so not quite sure if that means it is also physically vulnerable to earthquakes, etc. (by the way, in reading the stuff from Wehrmann in a separate thread, she mentions that TransPluto - h48 - is always involved in earthquakes as well as its monetary associations - a notion worth consideration in general. Currently, h48 is at 3-4degVirgo (mutable earth sign) and will be in mutable square when Jupiter and subsequently, Uranus changes sign to early Gemini, so this confirms my gut feeling to not select it for investment).

Just thinking out loud, here, about Jupiter's sign changes from now over the next couple of years, in relation to money.

We all know that Jupiter will move into Gemini later this year after his conjunction to Uranus. From this, I imagine that there could be a push (as many have already considered) for crypto running alongside fiat currency.

However, as Jupiter moves first into Cancer and then into Leo, it may be that the crypto gig finds less popularity than some would like, because the current shift in silver prices indicates that Jupiter may take that to increased levels in the wake of his entry into Cancer. Ditto gold following on (for many, buying gold right now is already unattainable owing to its cost, hence silver comes first).

Not forgetting that Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, so the "you will own nothing and be happy" schtick probably won't materialise whilst that journey takes place (incidentally, it has been announced today that Schwab is in hospital, but I am sure he has arranged his succession planning). In Cancer, Jupiter is more likely to be concerned with matters of personal and family security, e.g. holding onto things, paying for food and keeping the household expenses going smoothly, etc.

I suspect the crypto thing splutters along for a while (take a look at the Lunar eclipse for September, and note that eclipse Moon conjuncts Neptune in Pisces in chart 8h, which doesn't look particularly stable or prosperous, despite a Grand Earth Trine between Sun, Uranus and Pluto) and then dramatically shifts once Uranus moves out of money-sign Taurus and the result is that in Gemini, although crypto is still mainstream, it is much more erratic price-wise and therefore, not the choice investment. I would hazard a guess that, with Uranian disruption tendencies, it may be that there are many crypto-derived financial problems, if not bankruptcies, especially as Uranus goes through the Pleiades and most notably, over ruthlessly unforgiving Algol ("the piled-up corpses").

By 2026, Neptune's bubbles have burst also, so anything that was based upon nothing or worse, upon confidence-tricks, will vapourise in Arian fire, forged by Saturn.