May 2024 Astro

Penguin Trauma

I can't believe it's almost May already!! Here are the aspects:

1st - Venus Taurus square Pluto Aquarius at 2°06'

2nd - Pluto stations retrograde at 2°06' Aquarius

3rd
- Neptune reaches 29° Pisces (stationing there for four whole months due to retrograde on July 2nd)

7th
- Mercury direct conjunct Chiron at 21°02' Aries

8th - New Moon at 18°02' Taurus - conjunct Uranus - wide conjunct Jupiter - wide conjunct Venus

9th to 11th
- no aspects!! 😴😴

13th - Mercury leaves shadow at 27°13' Aries

13th - Sun conjunct Uranus at 23°06' Taurus - New synodic cycle

15th - Mercury enters Taurus

15th - Uranus enters shadow zone at 23°16' Taurus (retrograde on Sept 1st)

18th - Sun conjunct Jupiter at 28°18' - New synodic cycle

18th - Venus conjunct Uranus at 23°24' Taurus

20th - Mars conjunct North Node at 14°57' Aries

20th - Sun enters Gemini

23rd - Full Moon at 2°55' Sagittarius - sextile Pluto Aquarius retrograde - opposite Venus - opposite Jupiter - trine Neptune

23rd
- Venus conjunct Jupiter at 29°23' Taurus

23rd - Jupiter Taurus sextile Neptune Pisces at 29°31'

23rd - Venus enters Gemini

25th - Jupiter enters Gemini

29th
- Mars conjunct Chiron at 22°10' Aries

31st - Mercury conjunct Uranus at 24°08'

Chart for the star of the show, Jupiter Gemini 😎

1713905704614.png

I think this Jupiter Gemini ingress chart is a LOT better than last year's Jupiter Taurus ingress chart, which looked like splattered roadkill 😮

Jupiter Taurus in 2023 was conjunct the North Node Taurus, opposite South Node Scorpio, square Pluto Aquarius, and an out of sign square to Mars Cancer, which was in its fall.

Noting that Jupiter was square both rulers of the South Node. Very jarring energies.

This time. Trine Pluto Aquarius, conjunct the Sun and Venus Gemini, and sextile Neptune Pisces. Feels a bit more harmonious, sociable, and sunny, like a chilled Pimms and lemonade drink in a summer garden! 🌞

May seems to be much more relaxed than April and the Nodes with Chiron. Like the calm after the storm.
With the exception of Uranus, of course.
May can bring new energies, beginnings, turning points, newness, enjoyment.

Well spotted @wanda! Thanks for posting!

4th June will see the Cazimi conjunction of Sun/Venus at 14°30' Gemini, where she emerges as an Evening Star, closing out the previous Venus Leo retrograde cycle when she emerged as a Morning Star.

The Cazimi aspect will be almost exactly trine the Libra South Node, which Venus rules. Mercury the ruling planet of Gemini, will be exactly conjunct Jupiter.

Then, 29th June will be when Venus becomes visible in the evening skies. Venus will be in Cancer by then.

Jupiter himself is also in combustion. And Jupiter is in his exile. The big picture meets a thousand pieces of information. Jupiter can easily get lost in Gemini. Too much variety. Too much of a good thing (Jupiter and Venus are both benefics) is not a good thing. I think the combustion adds to Jupiter's relative weakness in Gemini. Watch the Gemini house in your chart - here you can miss opportunities, make a decision too late or not see the wood for the trees because Jupiter will present you with exciting things, more than you can chew.
My image for this: Children's eyes filled with excitement and joy. A child looking through the window of a toy store with fascination.
Interestingly, the Ingress has a strong focus on the mind and mental activity, Pluto trines Jupiter. I think the problem here is not that you make the wrong decision or delve into superfluous information, but more the risk of not making a decision at all because there is simply too much of everyting. Don't forget to switch off your mind periodically. Mental and digital detox!

Mercury, the ruler of Gemini, is in Taurus and gives us a grounded attitude. A few days later Mercury will sextile Saturn in Pisces. I think that's very supportive with all the unstoppable curiosityand incoherent mental activity. We will not take off completely and will remain in contact with the ground.

Last edited:
the Mars conjunct North Node of the Moon (Rahu) is a noteworthy happening in Vedic Astrology.

24th of April until 1st of June 2024

Mars/North Node conjunction is turbulent energy. it brings weeks of disproportionate tumult.
it triggers aggression and health issues and has a high potential for violence and accidents.

Last edited:
For me, I am happy that Uranus is moving away from opposing natal Uranus at 20 degree Scorpio. So May will Mark a bit relief in this area.
tr Neptune will be exactly trine n Jupiter 29 Cancer.
tr Jupiter entering Gemini will start activating my mutable grand cross, still in early stages square n Mars, trine n Venus.
Tr Saturn activates the other corner of the cross, he will square n Moon 18 Gemini and oppose n NN, already passed the conjunction to my Sun and he will be coming back later when retrograde. I suppose, I will feel it stronger then. So Jupiter and Saturn will make their work in tandem in the coming months in my chart.

NM will oppose n Uranus.
FM will square n Mars, but will form harmonic aspects to n Venus, Mercury and Jupiter.

For me, I am happy that Uranus is moving away from opposing natal Uranus at 20 degree Scorpio. So May will Mark a bit relief in this area.
tr Neptune will be exactly trine n Jupiter 29 Cancer.
As long as you have a Uranus opposition, try to do some spiritual work. It’s one of the best times in your life to make a breakthrough, according to the Barbara Hand Clow book I have on Chiron. It’s a valuable opportunity, and you won’t get such energy later. Don’t waste it.

Transits for me:

1st - Venus Taurus square Pluto Aquarius at 2°06' - activating my natal Chiron Taurus at 2°. Venus enters my 4th.

6th -
Jupiter enters my 5th house 🙂

3rd
- Neptune reaches 29° Pisces - will be locked in a square to my Ascendant and DC

7th
- Mercury direct conjunct Chiron at 21°02' Aries - square natal Mars Cancer

8th - New Moon at 18°02' Taurus - opposite natal Uranus Scorpio

20th
- Mars conjunct North Node at 14°57' Aries - opposite natal Pluto Libra. Also Venus enters my 5th house

25th - Jupiter enters Gemini - my own Jupiter sign!

29th
- Mars conjunct Chiron at 22°10' Aries - exact square natal Mars Cancer

End of the month, I will have transit Uranus only a degree away from my 5th house cusp. It fully enters my 5th house on 23rd June.

8th - New Moon at 18°02' Taurus - conjunct Uranus - wide conjunct Jupiter - wide conjunct Venus
Hmm, this seems significant: My Vertex is at 18º02' Scorpio, so this is right on my Antivertex - as in exactly. I believe that the Antivertex is about things you do for others, rather than things others do for you. It's like a magnetic, auxiliary Ascendant - as best I can describe it. This also occurs during a significant lunar return month (which has almost exactly the same Ascendant and degree as my current solar return.)

Transit Saturn (18º04' Pisces) also trines my Vertex almost exactly at the time of the New Moon - so, whatever this event is, it's probably binding.

My next lunar return, at 23:30:20 UTC on the 19th of May, has the Moon placed in the 8H of the lunar return chart. Transit Mars conjunct transit North node will occur in the 2H of that lunar return chart, so there would appear to be some rather heavy financial stuff happening that month.

23rd - Venus conjunct Jupiter at 29°23' Taurus
23rd - Jupiter Taurus sextile Neptune Pisces at 29°31'
My Venus is also at 29º23' Capricorn, so these two will make an exact trine to it at the time of the conjunction. With an almost-exact sextile from transit Neptune too, that's pretty interesting! Venus and Jupiter will also tightly square my Sun, so the period won't be without its challenges.

20th - Sun enters Gemini
23rd - Venus enters Gemini
25th - Jupiter enters Gemini
All of these three planets will square my Sun (29º40' Aquarius) and trine my Venus (29º23' Capricorn) just before they enter Gemini.

29th - Mars conjunct Chiron at 22°10' Aries
Hmm, that's where my natal Jupiter is (22º17' Aries). Could be good or bad.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Should have added

25th - Mars Aries activates the Eclipse degree at 19°24' Aries

That is why this eclipse will probably have a delayed blastoff. Mars in Pisces has been effective below the surface. The main effect, or rather the tangible and obvious one, will reveal itself when Mars activates that degree point.

That is why this eclipse will probably have a delayed blastoff. Mars in Pisces has been effective below the surface. The main effect, or rather the tangible and obvious one, will reveal itself when Mars activates that degree point.

That makes sense! Mars Pisces has probably been the eclipse energies that are unseen, concealed, behind the scenes.

Mars conjunct the Eclipse degrees tend to activate what themes are promised from the Eclipse. And then only 4 days later, it will conjunct Chiron. Hidden wounds coming to light.

As long as you have a Uranus opposition, try to do some spiritual work. It’s one of the best times in your life to make a breakthrough, according to the Barbara Hand Clow book I have on Chiron. It’s a valuable opportunity, and you won’t get such energy later. Don’t waste it.
It is not that easy to respond to one of the transits I am currently having and to use it the same way like you or in an optimal way.
I am currently attending courses to adopt technical tools in my next job. If that one facet resulted of the Uranus opposition, or tr Pluto sextile n Mercury, or tr Saturn in my 3rd house. Or all together..😵‍💫

Mars conjunct the Eclipse degrees tend to activate what themes are promised from the Eclipse. And then only 4 days later, it will conjunct Chiron. Hidden wounds coming to light.
Already been unearthing some of those: Took the leap and started doing Emotion Code stuff on myself. I use a pendulum and it works for me. My practitioner used her fingers instead of a pendulum, which is a lot quicker - but I'm not yet that developed. Still, being able to get controlled yes / no answers from your subconscious is extremely powerful, no matter the means used.

The stuff unearthed during my own sessions has been a lot more intimate than those with a third party. It's as if the subconscious is saying "I just want to talk about this with you, and it's private between us." Besides, owning your own spiritual connection is priceless. Lots of stuff came up from early childhood. It's the kind of stuff you never even suspected, either.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens. but I've already started working on this. First hit of my Chiron return is on the 9th of May.

It is not that easy to respond to one of the transits I am currently having and to use it the same way like you or in an optimal way.
I am currently attending courses to adopt technical tools in my next job. If that one of the Uranus opposition, or tr Pluto sextile n Mercury, or tr Saturn in my 3rd house. Or all together..😵‍💫
Uranus opposite Uranus is fantastic for grasping technical stuff. Pluto sextile Mercury will really help you look at stuff in depth. Saturn in your 3rd will make your communication style focused and disciplined. No imprecise language. You'll use SMART criteria more, and you'll expect structure.

I am currently attending courses to adopt technical tools in my next job. If that one facet resulted of the Uranus opposition, or tr Pluto sextile n Mercury, or tr Saturn in my 3rd house. Or all together..😵‍💫

Here's my "ranking style" when it comes to transits:

In ancient astrology, various techniques are used to determine the time lord in order to find the most important transit. There are different techniques for different time periods.

If we take Mercury as your profected ruler of the year, then any transit to and from Mercury is emphasized.

Modern planets traditionally don't count.

I always start with the time lord technique, mainly for a smaller time period, and leave out the modern planets. The determined ruler/sign and house are paramount.
Then I add the modern planets and arrange them by aspect again. Hard aspects are more relevant than soft aspects. I like to think of soft aspects as background music or a secondary scene in a theater play. They certainly influence the atmosphere, but they are not the focal point of the action.

I consider transits of modern planets in hard aspects to natal points to be pivotal. The time lords come second in the ranking.

Just a suggestion, and maybe it's helpful. 🙂

Here's my "ranking style" when it comes to transits:

In ancient astrology, various techniques are used to determine the time lord in order to find the most important transit. There are different techniques for different time periods.

If we take Mercury as your profected ruler of the year, then any transit to and from Mercury is emphasized.

Modern planets traditionally don't count.

I always start with the time lord technique, mainly for a smaller time period, and leave out the modern planets. The determined ruler/sign and house are paramount.
Then I add the modern planets and arrange them by aspect again. Hard aspects are more relevant than soft aspects. I like to think of soft aspects as background music or a secondary scene in a theater play. They certainly influence the atmosphere, but they are not the focal point of the action.

I consider transits of modern planets in hard aspects to natal points to be pivotal. The time lords come second in the ranking.

Just a suggestion, and maybe it's helpful. 🙂
Thanks Monaki. What do you mean by time lords?
So in your example Mercury is the time lord, right?

Last edited: