Solar Eclipse 19°24' Aries. - 8th April

@Gehal - welcome and thanks.

Not really sure what to make of what's going on. My Ascendant is in Pisces - where Mars and Saturn currently are. Jung is fine. But I'll get back to you a bit later - I'm a bit drained today.

Gehal - welcome and thanks.

Not really sure what to make of what's going on. My Ascendant is in Pisces - where Mars and Saturn currently are. Jung is fine. But I'll get back to you a bit later - I'm a bit drained today.

Hi Oliver, I'm not surprised you feel drained.

I feel a little the same, Saturn is just finishing a transit over my Imum Coeli, along with Mars. Chiron is there natally and so part of it. So I've no idea why I thought I didn't know your ASC. You're not alone in being befuddled it would seem.

@Oliver

I have nodes square my full moon, that may help huge events take place around eclipses for me. For you @Oliver , wasn’t this eclipse very close to a luminary for you?

I notice the week before a topic comes up, usually related to a past eclipse. The during phase and first week it’s clear what’s taking place. It’s the gentle reminders of the little upsets or changes in your life. How well aspected are your luminaries? Are either luminary in aspect to your nodes? Move with the ebbs and flows of life, thus you move with the tides of the moon phases.

I too have seeds starting to poke up, it was recommended to plant on a full moon so I did. I’ll keep experimenting. I am curious how your garden grows. More of an earth element I would think.

The conjunction of Mars and Saturn at your Ascendant [...]
As Saturn crosses your Ascendant, [...]
Naturally, I don't know what else is happening in your chart nor what sign the ASC is in
What do you mean that you do not know What Sign the Asc is in? 😳

Last edited:
Hi Oliver, I'm not surprised you feel drained.

I feel a little the same, Saturn is just finishing a transit over my Imum Coeli, along with Mars. Chiron is there natally and so part of it. So I've no idea why I thought I didn't know your ASC. You're not alone in being befuddled it would seem.
I know the feeling!

@Oliver

I have nodes square my full moon, that may help huge events take place around eclipses for me. For you @Oliver , wasn’t this eclipse very close to a luminary for you?
It opposed my Moon (18º23' Libra), natal 8H. Also conjunct my Vesta (16º52' Aries), Jupiter, (22º17' Aries), and Chiron (24º32' Aries), all in my natal 2H. For what it's worth, there's a very close sextile to my Mars (19º25' Gemini), a reasonably tight biquintile to my Juno (13º56' Virgo) and an exact semisquare with my Ceres (4º23' Gemini).

I notice the week before a topic comes up, usually related to a past eclipse. The during phase and first week it’s clear what’s taking place. It’s the gentle reminders of the little upsets or changes in your life. How well aspected are your luminaries? Are either luminary in aspect to your nodes? Move with the ebbs and flows of life, thus you move with the tides of the moon phases.
The transiting North node opposes my Moon, as mentioned above, and it also makes a semisquare aspect to my natal Sun. My natal Nodes don't make any aspect to my natal luminaries, though.

Unfortunately, my Vesta, I noticed, makes a quincunx aspect with my natal North node. So, what's sacred to me is at odds with my destiny.

I too have seeds starting to poke up, it was recommended to plant on a full moon so I did. I’ll keep experimenting. I am curious how your garden grows. More of an earth element I would think.
We'll see. Venus is the only personal planet I have that isn't in an air sign, and it's at 29º23' Capricorn, in my 11H. So, getting help from my neighbours seems to fit with that. * The rest (Sun and Mercury in Aquarius, Moon in Libra, Mars in Gemini) are all mental. Thinking quickly on my feet isn't a problem - focusing on a task long enough to complete it is. Especially now.

What do you mean that you do not know What Sign the Asc is in? 😳
I think he means he's in just as much trouble as I am. ;)

* Amusingly enough, I think my neighbour is trying to fix me up with a young Ukrainian woman. Haven't met her yet, but I think I'm his next "project". That also fits in with 11H Venus: Getting "fixed up" by friends. Anyway, most of my neighbours are Eastern Europeans, and they're a pretty social lot. I get on with them well, and if this world ever turned to shit, I couldn't imagine a bunch of people I'd rather be with.

It opposed my Moon (18º23' Libra), natal 8H. Also conjunct my Vesta (16º52' Aries), Jupiter, (22º17' Aries), and Chiron (24º32' Aries), all in my natal 2H. For what it's worth, there's a very close sextile to my Mars (19º25' Gemini), a reasonably tight biquintile to my Juno (13º56' Virgo) and an exact semisquare with my Ceres (4º23' Gemini).

This eclipse wasn't as good as I hoped. It brought chaos. People not having direction anymore in the areas that have been hit. You say you didn't feel it, but you did. There was chaos with you too, not having direction. I normally do not like to talk about it but it was so clear with this eclipse, the darker side of life was more powerful for a short period of time. More able to put doubt and fear into people's mind. We also had the change to tune in to a energy grid beyond the one already manifested, so we were powerful too in holding our own centre and being. I was able to hold it for a few hours and then chaos kicked in. Definitely more aware of how this works now, how you can tune out of doubt and fear and tune into you own heart and desires. You did in a way too, with your garden. So you say you're not aware but you are.

This eclipse wasn't as good as I hoped. It brought chaos. People not having direction anymore in the areas that have been hit. You say you didn't feel it, but you did.
Not internally. I saw events happen (help from neighbours), etc. But those are external events, not things I personally realised for myself (either intuitively or emotionally.)

There was chaos with you too, not having direction. I normally do not like to talk about it but it was so clear with this eclipse, the darker side of life was more powerful for a short period of time. More able to put doubt and fear into people's mind. We also had the change to tune in to an energy grid beyond the one already manifested, so we were powerful too in holding our own centre and being. I was able to hold it for a few hours and then chaos kicked in.
I've been directionless for months. I just didn't realise it until things fell apart. I thought this business project was going to be the way forward, but even that I had very little clue about how to push that forward on my own: I thought I'd be getting help. Can't blame that on the eclipse.

Definitely more aware of how this works now, how you can tune out of doubt and fear and tune into you own heart and desires. You did in a way too, with your garden. So you say you're not aware but you are.
Ehem, all I can say is that I wanted to make sure that if I ended up homeless, I had some independent resources available to me that would function no matter what bills I paid. I have no idea what you mean about tuning into my heart and desires. I'm just fortunate in that I don't do drugs, and I only drink when my garden neighbours invite me over (not accepting Eastern European hospitality is a hanging offence, and that's putting it mildly.) Most of the beer in my garden fridge, similarly, I will never drink. It's for sharing: I know my neighbours. Though I do have to draw the line when they try to ply me with schnapps before I've had my swim. I tell them I shouldn't drown before I get in the pool!

But I've never stopped thinking of consequences. I just got better at ignoring them. It's fair to say that the garden is Neptunian in a way: It's also a form of escape. I'm not sure whether I'm truly tuning out of fear and doubt, but rather just trying to escape. Again.

Yes, certain plans were on the back boiler for years: When you're married and with kids, you too will learn that some of the most ambitious plans you make have a habit of being pushed back, until you forget all about them until 20 years later, when you're busy cleaning out the cellar.

Bill Meridian published a book years ago:
https://www.astrocollege.org/shoppi...tive-power-of-eclipse-paths-by-bill-meridian/

Applications of eclipses to the Natal Horoscope are also included in the book:

A small excerpt:
THE ECLIPSE RULES
• 1. Events which occur in the days around an eclipse arememorable. The ‘time orb’ is plus or
minus 10 days. Events taking place in the 7‐10 days before aneclipse work out in an
unexpected fashion. Affairs take turns that are not anticipated.(Jayne)

• 2. Solar eclipses can have an effect up to 3 to 6 monthsbefore they occur and as long as 1
year afterward.
Their lunar brethren have an effect for about 6weeks before and after the
lunar eclipse. (Jayne)
However, the author has observed the effectof an eclipse manifesting
as long as 1.5 years after the phenomena. Johndro stated thateclipses can have an effect for
3 to 6 years.....

THE ECLIPSE RULES 3

• 7. If an eclipse occurs after your birth, see when it becomesexact by
secondary progression. This can be a vital year. (Johndro)
• 8. If a natal planet is conjunct or opposite this eclipse, theplanet becomes
very powerful for life. (Johndro)
• 9. Eclipses work in pairs. An eclipse in one sign can bere‐activated by an
eclipse in the opposite sign about six months later (Johndro).
• 10. The events described by an eclipse will frequently fallbetween this
first eclipse and the second which roughly opposes it. (Morrelland Jayne)
• The single event that triggers the energy is the square of thetransiting Sun
to the transiting Node. (Jayne)
• 11. Eclipses conjunct or opposite the Sun, Ascendant orMidheaven are
always more powerful. This is due to the fact that these pointshave zero
latitude by definition. The eclipse will also have zero latitude.Thus, there
will be conjunctions and oppositions in both longitude andlatitude which
are very powerful.

The counter eclipse at the south lunar node will take place
on October 2nd, 2024. ( Libra)

In the period from April 8th, 2024 to October 2nd, 2024,
the eclipse can have effects.
A total eclipse has the strongest influence.
An annular eclipse will take place on October 2nd, 2024.

Last edited:
I think he means he's in just as much trouble as I am. ;)

Indeed, Uranus crossed my DSC 4 weeks ago and then Jupiter crossed my DSC yesterday evening. They'll both meet up in a few days, conjunct my natal Mercury. Couple that with transiting Saturn and Mars have just crossed my IC and conjuncting natal Chiron......well.....it's a turbocharged astrological angular activity bonanza. I feel like a mad professor with electrified hair, navigating a tide pool of cosmic conundrums.

I'm curious about your chart Oliver, may I take a look?

https://www.astrocollege.org/shoppi...tive-power-of-eclipse-paths-by-bill-meridian/
• 7. If an eclipse occurs after your birth, see when it becomes exact by

holy cow!
THIS happens to me now this year in September! 🙀

The natal houses 3 and 9 are impacted.

only 5 month left until September. I wonder how this will show. 😳

Last edited:
• 7. If an eclipse occurs after your birth, see when it becomesexact by

Oooh, I had that happen in 2014, progressed New Moon which was also an Eclipse too

It was nearly exactly opposite natal Pluto by just one degree orb, so I guess that planet is powerful for life 😮

Intriguingly, it's nearly the same degree as this Solar Eclipse, same sign, 17°Aries.

Penguin Trauma, in which houses of your birth chart was this progressive New Moon Solar Eclipse in 2014?

In my (very limited) experience there seems to be some relation between Chiron and gardening.

I remember a thread in Usenet about 20 years ago roughly around that, immediately maybe more about "green" than gardening, but there is of course a relation...

Su end of with a crippled leg that is not very useful any more, and maybe even still painful.
Ahh that brings back memories, the good old alt.astrology.moderated usenet :cool:

Penguin Trauma, in which houses of your birth chart was this progressive New Moon Solar Eclipse in 2014?

It was in my natal 3rd house, opposite my Pluto Libra in 9th

It was a pretty rough year! Transit Uranus Aries was exactly conjunct the progressed New Moon/eclipse as well. So transit Uranus conjunct progressed New Moon/Eclipse AND transit Uranus opposite natal Pluto 😮

My mental health was not in good shape at the time, which makes sense with the 3rd house theme (not surprising given the above!). It's far better and more centred and grounded now, but it took a while to get there 🙂 (when Uranus finally left my 3rd house, massively helped to get my mind healthy again!)

Last edited:
one question because I don’t remember well anymore: was this eclipse linked to events that happened back in October 2023?

Ahh that brings back memories, the good old alt.astrology.moderated usenet :cool:
I looked it up, turns out it was actually at alt.astrology.tropical (20 June 2004), thread titled "Mean Greens"...

Below the charts for the two groups, I posted to aam from 20 June 2002, at some point discovered aat (and often loved it, often had the experience that I started a reply and while writing it, I discovered a new turn, magically, thanks "Pete P" (in real life Patrick something, a British astrologer) for probably the major influence of the birth chart of aat)... aam was apparently founded as a moderated group because at alt.astrology (unmoderated) things had gotten "too wild", aat, in turn, was apparently created because some members did not want sideral astrology in, but that was before me, in any case founding a group just a week after 9/11 and making it something cool was quite a feat to me, I guess one "trick" was to put Pluto into the 12th house, because no way to get rid of the Pluto-Saturn opposition at the time...

Source for the charts:

"alt.astrology.moderated" - born November 8, 1998 00:04 am CST Lisle,
Illinois, USA. (88W04 41N48) URL: http://readystump.algebra.com/~aam/

"alt.astrology.tropical" (moderated) born September 18, 2001, 14:12 CDT
Lisle, Illinois, USA. (88W05,41N47) URL: http://www.algebra.com/~aat

In the chart of aam maybe not astonishingly Chiron is at the IC, maybe aam born out of the wish to heal and be protected from attacks, while for aat there is Eris at the IC, since there would have been some strife in the creation away from aam (while there had been little strife from aam to aa, just most astrologers moving there)...

Note the IC/MC axis of aat, the axis of the recent solar eclipse that this thread is about, and at aat Chiron was at the AC...

And feeling so old writing this, and so futile, none of my findings found it into astrology, all ignored and forgotten by all... In the end maybe not really my problem... ;)

(By the way, this year in February, Google groups stopped archiving any new Usenet posts...)

aam.png

aat.png

one question because I don’t remember well anymore: was this eclipse linked to events that happened back in October 2023?

I would say yes, as it took place in similar degrees but in the opposite sign (Libra 21° and Aries 19°) so it would have activated any natal planets in the same degrees, especially of the Cardinal signs.

I had both Eclipses square my Mars at 22° Cancer, for instance.

And also due to the nodes as well.

Hm, it seems the 8th of April eclipse also hit my progressed Sun (17º39' Aries), currently transiting my natal 2H. I missed that.

As noted already, the eclipse was conjunct Chiron and was part of the US Chiron Return.

Chiron rules higher education. Notice the insane protests on college campuses (the correct plural, campii, is flagged as incorrect) in the US? It has reached a climax with the full moon following the eclipse.

Our elite institutions praised for higher learning are being shown to foster ignorance as black as the face of the Sun at the time.

Since this is also over the US Chiron Return. This will probably mean a reset of the entire higher educational system. Wealthy donors withholding funds and maybe even Congress making these places no longer receiving taxpayer funds. It will be interesting to watch.

Let's not forget that the eclipse was on Donald Trump's 9th cusp (chart AA rating), hence the high profile court case. And Uranus/Jupiter getting close to his MC..