Solar Eclipse 19°24' Aries. - 8th April

@Oliver
It seems that the conjunction of Mars and Saturn with your Ascendant lends you exactly the energy you need to finish the accumulated work. Everything happens for a reason.
Yeah, but what about my career? This is what has me scratching my head: In a time with blocks all around me, I see absolutely no way forward, but with the garden, several things have just happened (getting my garden cleaned by a bunch of my neighbours, all of a sudden? That's never happened before! It didn't escape my notice that said offer of help came on the evening of the 8th, right as the solar eclipse was happening.)

Maybe the garden is supposed to lead to something I don't see? I have no idea. I'm trying not to involve logic too much at this stage, because it just doesn't make sense to me.

The SAturn/Mars is conjunct my n Sun. It definitely did not feel comfortable, I felt isolated, lonely, abandoned.

My daughter is moving to stay with her partner and it was quite of a shock too.

She's only 23yo, I had/ have reservations, because they have been together for only a month, you can hear all short of stories in the news, you never know.

Of course she is an adult, I will definitely be by her side and I remind her that this is her house too and she may return any time she wishes. I will have to meet her partner one of these days, I advised her to meet people in her partner's environment too. Maybe, just maybe, I can spot something she cannot, being so much in love and stupefied.

One of the reasons for her leaving is her not so good relationship with her father/my husband who does not approve of her life style and is unwilling to listen to the other's story. He is being selfish and stubborn, he won't accept that people are different, especially young people nowadays . Of course this has been a major blow to his Leo pride.
I don't know what I feel, I stand in between.

Of course all this took place on the eclipse day, no wonder the shock, as it was exactly opposite my daughter's n Sun, conjunct my n Saturn/ Venus and square my husband's n Jupiter in cancer.

The story of my life: I am always affected by eclipses when they hit me! Same goes for my daughter too! She has placements at neiboring degrees. I cannot tell how some people are not affected by eclipses, as they claim, or they do not know what to expect/ keep wide orbs.
Sorry, dear Iris, to hear that the Solar Eclipse hit you strongly with your daughter. I always think, as long as we are healthy and have the energy to live our lives, then everything will be alright. There is no right or wrong in life. There is always our perception that we test and constantly refine.
Our children are the children of life, as Gibran said https://poets.org/poem/children-1.
You are such a great mother to support her in her journey to learn and experience life through her own decisions and mistakes.

Last edited:
Yeah, but what about my career? This is what has me scratching my head: In a time with blocks all around me, I see absolutely no way forward, but with the garden, several things have just happened (getting my garden cleaned by a bunch of my neighbours, all of a sudden? That's never happened before! It didn't escape my notice that said offer of help came on the evening of the 8th, right as the solar eclipse was happening.)

Maybe the garden is supposed to lead to something I don't see? I have no idea. I'm trying not to involve logic too much at this stage, because it just doesn't make sense to me.
I agree, you are overthinking right now. Do what you think you have to do and have faith in what's to come. Have you considered consulting a business coach in your field?
I believe if you don't have a concrete idea to take action on and experiment with in your business, then you are stuck, and what you need is clarity.

I agree, you are overthinking right now. Do what you think you have to do and have faith in what's to come. Have you considered consulting a business coach in your field?
I believe if you don't have a concrete idea to take action on and experiment with in your business, then you are stuck, and what you need is clarity.
I've consulted a business coach, and gotten no meaningful results. It also cost me the best part of 600 CHF/month. I stopped it because he was about to raise his price to 1'600 a month, and I just wasn't seeing value.

I'll agree that what I need is clarity, but that's the one thing I don't have right now.

Sorry, dear Iris, to hear that the Solar Eclipse hit you strongly with your daughter. I always think, as long as we are healthy and have the energy to live our lives, then everything will be alright. Our children are the children of life, as Gibran said https://poets.org/poem/children-1.
You are such a great mother to support her in her journey to learn and experience life through her own decisions and mistakes.
Thank you, Lunasel!
I am experiencing the "empty nest syndrome" right now and it is hard for people like me whose children mean the world for them!

It's hard for my husband too, because he now knows well that this is the outcome of his absolutely unacceptable behavior, because he would not even consider to change his views, open a book, ask a therapist, her therapist, how he ought to behave. However, he has his serious health issues and I cannot be hard on him. I will just keep regular contact with her and she promised to come by to see me almost every day, as she works close by.
My son lives with his gf ever since last September/end of August 2023, so he left too pretty recently. They are fine together, they have managed, but I was not opposed to that, because they have been together for so long, I know that girl, she is a good person and loves my son. He loves her so much too, she is the love of his life, so it was easier too, especially after he found a new job to cover his extra expenses. I was just beginning to get used to his absence and now this one! Oh, well, I may get used to this one too, as long as it proves to work to her benefit, she does not return home heart broken. It's extra hard for me, because my daughter is bi-sexual and this one is a gf. My husband will never accept this, nobody will, but I cannot close the door to my daughter; she is my life!

The SAturn/Mars is conjunct my n Sun. It definitely did not feel comfortable, I felt isolated, lonely, abandoned.

My daughter is moving to stay with her partner and it was quite of a shock too.

She's only 23yo, I had/ have reservations, because they have been together for only a month, you can hear all short of stories in the news, you never know.

Of course she is an adult, I will definitely be by her side and I remind her that this is her house too and she may return any time she wishes. I will have to meet her partner one of these days, I advised her to meet people in her partner's environment too. Maybe, just maybe, I can spot something she cannot, being so much in love and stupefied.

One of the reasons for her leaving is her not so good relationship with her father/my husband who does not approve of her life style and is unwilling to listen to the other's story. He is being selfish and stubborn, he won't accept that people are different, especially young people nowadays . Of course this has been a major blow to his Leo pride.
I don't know what I feel, I stand in between.

Of course all this took place on the eclipse day, no wonder the shock, as it was exactly opposite my daughter's n Sun, conjunct my n Saturn/ Venus and square my husband's n Jupiter in cancer.

The story of my life: I am always affected by eclipses when they hit me! Same goes for my daughter too! She has placements at neiboring degrees. I cannot tell how some people are not affected by eclipses, as they claim, or they do not know what to expect/ keep wide orbs.
This doesn’t sound healthy to me - not for your daughter and not for the relationship. Is he a good guy or a walking red flag? The eclipse made things move way much faster - and I think that moving to the new boyfriend isn’t kind of well considered.

edit: oh I’m sorry I didn’t read it right, the new partner is a girlfriend. I still hope it’s not a wrong decision. You’re great as a mother! Thanks to you she can always come back!

This doesn’t sound healthy to me - not for your daughter and not for the relationship. Is he a good guy or a walking red flag? The eclipse made things move way much faster - and I think that moving to the new boyfriend isn’t kind of well considered.

edit: oh I’m sorry I didn’t read it right, the new partner is a girlfriend. I still hope it’s not a wrong decision. You’re great as a mother! Thanks to you she can always come back!
These are my reservations, because she does not know HER. She is a woman, my daughter a bi-sexual.

One of the reasons for her leaving is her not so good relationship with her father/my husband who does not approve of her life style and is unwilling to listen to the other's story.
I understand this situation exactly. It got to the point where I vowed never to tell my parents anything of significance, even if my own life depended upon it. Fortunately, the situation has improved since then, but I do remember cutting them off for years and simply choosing to live my own life.

That's what your daughter is doing now.

Judgment builds walls in ways that you just cannot comprehend, until one day you're living in a maze with no way out. Your partner is going to learn, come hell or high water, that you do not trample on other peoples' opinions, values and desires without severe consequences. One of my best friends at school was gay, and his parents also gave him hell for it. It's not acceptable: People are the way they are, and that's it.

Thank you, Lunasel!
I am experiencing the "empty nest syndrome" right now and it is hard for people like me whose children mean the world for them!

It's hard for my husband too, because he now knows well that this is the outcome of his absolutely unacceptable behavior, because he would not even consider to change his views, open a book, ask a therapist, her therapist, how he ought to behave. However, he has his serious health issues and I cannot be hard on him. I will just keep regular contact with her and she promised to come by to see me almost every day, as she works close by.
My son lives with his gf ever since last September/end of August 2023, so he left too pretty recently. They are fine together, they have managed, but I was not opposed to that, because they have been together for so long, I know that girl, she is a good person and loves my son. He loves her so much too, she is the love of his life, so it was easier too, especially after he found a new job to cover his extra expenses. I was just beginning to get used to his absence and now this one! Oh, well, I may get used to this one too, as long as it proves to work to her benefit, she does not return home heart broken. It's extra hard for me, because my daughter is bi-sexual and this one is a gf. My husband will never accept this, nobody will, but I cannot close the door to my daughter; she is my life!
I read your reply and I feel you, dear Iris. Please feel yourself hugged 🤗... it is not an easy time... a great transformation for you and for him.
In some issues, only time can heal... time helps to accept what has been changed and live with it..
Maybe if he does not want to go to a therapist, he only needs the time to process all of that...
I know, all of that is easy said. I wish you strength, patience, soothing and love 💕.

Thanks for the reassurance, Vineta, I always wonder if I am to blame for this somehow. Her therapist says "NO". It's her decisions.
My husband is definitely not an angel, he has made huge mistakes, because of his fixations and resistance to listen to her/others eg me. However, she did not treat him well either, she has been really disrespectful. People in my generation have been more respectful towards our parents. I understand that she feels her father won't accept her identity which is very important to her, but I would be more respectful; he has helped her in so many other ways. She just takes the eraser and crosses them out. Of course, it's her age her Uranus in Aquarius generation. T Uranus is squaring her natal Uranus for a long time now.
I just stand in the middle...

In my (very limited) experience there seems to be some relation between Chiron and gardening.

I remember a thread in Usenet about 20 years ago roughly around that, immediately maybe more about "green" than gardening, but there is of course a relation...

Someone there mentioned that green parties started in 1977, the year that Chiron was discovered, which seems to be true:

The first political party to use the name "Green" seems to have been the Lower Saxon "Green List for Environmental Protection", founded on 1 September 1977.

Chiron was discovered two months later, 1 November 1977:

Maybe also because "Chiron" is related the Greek word for "hand" and when gardening you usually do a lot with your hands? Seems that in places where people live very long, gardening is very often something people do every day, and Chiron did live very long in mythology.

I guess also Chiron would be related to "nature", to sort of also structuring things into their natural nature or however you want to call them. One my analogies is often a broken leg. To heal it, you first have to straighten it back to its natural position, even though that is very painful, but if you don't do it, you end of with a crippled leg that is not very useful any more, and maybe even still painful.

I understand this situation exactly. It got to the point where I vowed never to tell my parents anything of significance, even if my own life depended upon it. Fortunately, the situation has improved since then, but I do remember cutting them off for years and simply choosing to live my own life.

That's what your daughter is doing now.

Judgment builds walls in ways that you just cannot comprehend, until one day you're living in a maze with no way out. Your partner is going to learn, come hell or high water, that you do not trample on other peoples' opinions, values and desires without severe consequences. One of my best friends at school was gay, and his parents also gave him hell for it. It's not acceptable: People are the way they are, and that's it.
You got it, Oliver, my husband will pay the bill now!
I have my lessons to learn too, I am trying to be a good mother, it's not always easy which way to follow...

Wise words, Oliver!

Last edited:
I read your reply and I feel you, dear Iris. Please feel yourself hugged 🤗... it is not an easy time... a great transformation for you and for him.
In some issues, only time can heal... time helps to accept what has been changed and live with it..
Maybe if he does not want to go to a therapist, he only needs the time to process all of that...
I know, all of that is easy said. I wish you strength, patience, soothing and love 💕.
I have read Gibran's book many years ago, 'the Profet" I think it was called. I was a teenager back then. When it comes to our children, it takes huge maturity to let go off, especially when you do not agree 100%, when you feel that their decisions may put them at risk. Some day, when your daughter gets older, you will experience this too. It's not easy. If she cries, I cry sort of thing!
Thanks for the hug, it feels good when some people out there feel for you! (y)

I have read Gibran's book many years ago, 'the Profet" I think it was called. I was a teenager back then. When it comes to our children, it takes huge maturity to let go off, especially when you do not agree 100%, when you feel that their decisions may put them at risk. Some day, when your daughter gets older, you will experience this too. It's not easy. If she cries, I cry sort of thing!
Thanks for the hug, it feels good when some people out there feel for you! (y)
I agree with you. I did the same thing your daughter did. I broke free from even much stricter structures and societal norms. I carry with me a deep wound and feelings of guilt for what that did to my mother, although I have never regretted my decision, because it was the right decision for me.
I do expect my daughter will do the same like I did. But I do not know how i will react by then. I am also a very protective mother myself and will do everything to prevent anything would harm her.

I agree with you. I did the same thing your daughter did. I broke free from even much stricter structures and societal norms. I carry with me a deep wound and feelings of guilt for what that did to my mother, although I have never regretted my decision, because it was the right decision for me.
I do expect my daughter will do the same like I did. But I do not know how i will react by then. I am also a very protective mother myself and will do everything to prevent anything would harm her.
What they did to your mother, because of YOUR decisions??
I do not get you! Of course, you do not need to talk about it, it's an old story any way.

@ΙRIS 70 @Lunasel - I think you both need a hug.

It seems there is a hug emoji, but I don't think it's a standard feature yet. When I have a bit of time, I'll see if I can add it to the Reactions function. I just need to make sure that it's properly licenced, before I get sued!

Attachments

• 1712923035996.png
    1712923035996.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
@IRIS 70 - people don’t notice eclipses because they either are unaware and not in sync with themselves. Or Nataly there is not as strong a connection to Sun or moon vibrations as others.

When I was young I was gullible and unaware. It took something significant to wake me up. We have a bunch of zombies walking around.

@IRIS 70 - people don’t notice eclipses because they either are unaware and not in sync with themselves. Or Nataly there is not as strong a connection to Sun or moon vibrations as others.
I only notice the eclipse because I looked it up. I feel absolutely no special energy whatsoever. I’ll readily agree that I’m probably not in sync with myself - the irritating part is figuring out a) why, and b) how to fix it.

When I was young I was gullible and unaware. It took something significant to wake me up. We have a bunch of zombies walking around.
Significant stuff is happening all the time. But I’m still not awake, it seems. Am I even meant to be, or am I banging my head against a brick wall at this point? I just don’t see any meaning.

I only notice the eclipse because I looked it up. I feel absolutely no special energy whatsoever. I’ll readily agree that I’m probably not in sync with myself - the irritating part is figuring out a) why, and b) how to fix it.

Significant stuff is happening all the time. But I’m still not awake, it seems. Am I even meant to be, or am I banging my head against a brick wall at this point? I just don’t see any meaning.

Hi Oliver,

The conjunction of Mars and Saturn at your Ascendant is a powerful astrological event as you know, signalling a time of potent energy and catalytic change, particularly in how you initiate and approach the foundational aspects of your life. Mars, the planet of action, meets Saturn, the symbol of time and discipline, right at the forefront of your personal expression; your Ascendant. This alignment typically triggers a period of intense restructuring, often forcing you to face and reshape the very core of your identity and how you present yourself to the world.

This process can feel quite demanding, as Saturn’s influence often manifests as pressure that compels us to confront our limitations. This might be slowing things down so that you can rebuild on more solid ground, while Mars pushes you to move forward, which can increase your frustration with any blockages you encounter. Essentially, this is a cosmic forging process, where the old structures of your identity are being remoulded under intense scrutiny and pressure.

Interestingly, the unexpected help you received in your garden during the solar eclipse, a time known for revealing hidden pathways and changes, suggests that growth and opportunities can appear in the most unexpected places. Your garden, a symbol of cultivation and nurturing, receiving such attention during a significant celestial event, hints at potential growth areas that might not be directly linked to your career but are nonetheless fruitful and enriching.

As Saturn crosses your Ascendant, it reinforces this theme of restructuring. It's a time for serious self-assessment and realignment, where frivolities are stripped away to focus on what is truly essential. This phase might be challenging, as Saturn demands maturity and often imposes a more austere outlook on life. However, the rewards are substantial, leading to a stronger, more resilient self, aligned more closely with your true purpose.

During this period, you might feel as if you're not fully "awake" to the changes around you, almost as if you're undergoing a dissolution of your former self, a necessary phase in the alchemical transformation process. The clarity you seek might not emerge swiftly or directly but will unfold as you engage more deeply with this period of personal redefinition and realignment.

So, while the career blocks are indeed frustrating, they may be redirecting your energy towards areas where it can flow more freely for the time being. This doesn’t mean abandoning your professional aspirations but rather allowing yourself to explore and develop other areas of growth that could inform and eventually transform your career path. If you can trust in this process, and it may be tough for you as you readily acknowledge your stubbornness, it is designed not just to challenge but to ultimately fortify your life's trajectory.

Naturally, I don't know what else is happening in your chart nor what sign the ASC is in, so I appreciate my comments may be better approached loosely and are generalised. I'm more of a Jungian too, so that may or may not be up your street, if you're not taken with Jung I'll bear it in mind for the future.

Cheers