Saturn, Neptune and three-stage transits

Oliver

Professional troublemaker
Staff member
Makes me wonder. In 2025 I will have 3 Saturn returns. The first of them (25 May 2025) would have Neptune and Saturn in the 10th house, the second one (23 Sep 2025) would have both at the IC, the 3rd (5 Feb 2026) both in the 9th (Saturn in the 9th like at birth)... So, maybe I should plan to take time off between 25 May and 23 Sep 2025 and maybe try to write or otherwise do something that would be both visionary and enduring? Or already be ready to publish something then? Difficult to plan such things, when the muses kiss you, things are just rolling, otherwise, you it can be like wading in a swamp... Been more like the latter regarding at least books the last 5 years or so... But maybe just wait..... Maybe also appropriate with Saturn very late in Pisces...
Doesn’t sound like a bad idea! Though from what I’ve read about triple returns (I’m in phase 2 of a triple Juno return right now, for example), the first phase is like a test, the second phase is a review - and third phase is the return proper. So if you have any editing or content suggestions to take on board, probably the second phase would be ideal for that.

"It is not necessary that you leave your house/home. Stay at your table and listen. Do not even listen, just wait. Do not even wait, be completely silent and alone. The world will offer herself to you, she cannot resist, enchantedly she will curl/wriggle in front of you."
Be still, my beating heart!

As for triple transits, I tend to miss the first hit. It doesn't always happen, but it has happened quite often. It's only after the second hit that I start to realize that something is going on. What exactly is going on, however, only dawns on me when it's all over. Still, as I said, it is (fortunately?) not always the case.
The current Saturn transit got to the point relatively quickly. Could be that I'm getting better at sensing the energy.

Yeah, but Saturn is about as subtle as a sledgehammer: You’d have to be near-comatose to not notice him. :)

Yes, makes sense but I could tell you some stories about Neptune (ok, it's Neptune), Pluto and Uranus transits where I was like 1714073931400.jpeg

Yes, makes sense but I could tell you some stories about Neptune (ok, it's Neptune), Pluto and Uranus transits where I was like View attachment 2404
Well, I have Neptune on my Midheaven. It also tightly squares my Ascendant and Juno, semisquares my Venus and opposes my Mars. It’s difficult to see the wood for the trees, sometimes - and it’s irritating. I’m not sure I notice Neptune transits at all, because it’s like the windows are all permanently fogged-up! What difference does it make when Neptune passes through a house, when he already squares your Ascendant? It’s a bit like asking the crew of British Airways 009 if they noticed they were flying through fog, when their windscreen was no longer transparent.

Neptune, it seems, requires you to have faith (or develop it.) Because you certainly can’t live any other way!

I think there are several possible reasons why a transit may not be felt immediately or perhaps not at all.

- because of its characteristics when it's Neptune.

- several major transits at the same time can be difficult to distinguish from each other.

- the planet is not a time lord.

- Astrological bias. Your transit is not my transit and not a textbook transit

- because it's not always easy to identify or classify inner and outer changes from the very start. Especially the "messages" of the transits only become clear over time.

I once read that if you have a retrograde planet in your natal chart, its influence during transits will also be when he is retrograde.
Also it depends on your chart. For example, I have a grand cross and whenever I got the points of the cross activated, I feel other transits stronger than before.
I have Saturn rx nataly. I had last year tr Saturn conjunct n Mars. I only noticed the effect when Saturn moved retrograde and the Sun was in Virgo at the same time opposing my Sun.
I also agree that when there are many transits going, it is hard to differentiate. Although I think, in order for an event to happen, you need at least two major (exact) transits.

Last edited:
Doesn’t sound like a bad idea! Though from what I’ve read about triple returns (I’m in phase 2 of a triple Juno return right now, for example), the first phase is like a test, the second phase is a review - and third phase is the return proper. So if you have any editing or content suggestions to take on board, probably the second phase would be ideal for that.

Be still, my beating heart!
(Not sure about the history this thread, I guess was maybe forked from the London one and seems rather not much about mundane astrology, at least not immediately, so replying in that sense...)

What I know and seems to work quite usually is that a return has an effect on the time span until the next return. But would immediately appear to make sense that the retrograde period could be more about "review". At the beginning of spring 2017 I started to write a book about astrology in German (*Elementare Sternzeichen" - "Elementary Star Signs", actually quite a bad choice, a better description would be "The 12 Signs of the Western Tropical Zodiac described as Transformations between the Four Classical Elements Fire, Air, Water and Earth - And no, this not a beginner's book (at least not only) and it is not only about "Sun Sign Astrology"). A bit later (30 March) was the first of 3 Chiron returns of my first return cycle, in the second house. I wrote the book during spring and a bit into early summer maybe, and then did not change anything to it any more except tiniest changes (like typos). The second return was 11 Oct, in the 8th house, I did not do much special that I would remember now. In late January 2018, close to the 3rd return of 28 Jan, in the 12th house, I published the book. It sold about 50 copies so far (I guess one last year, none this year), in March 2018 I very quickly translated it to English and published it, it sold about 23 copies, all despite some ads in astrological journals and about 6 reviews, of which two quite sophisticated and favorable ones (one in English by Victor Olliver in the (British) Astrological Journal, one by Jutta Stemmer in (German) Meridian).

My hope with Saturn in 10 would have been to have at least maybe some kind of echo in the far future from that even though I might never know... Leonardo da Vinci was not nearly as famous in his time as he is now, I guess was seen as some great artist who could do great art (paintings or also that infamous statue with horses that no longer exists) and organize fancy festivities with lots of "special effects", but also a strange (gay?) guy with strange drawings about military "machines" and even flying ones, and so on, nobody could take such things "seriously" in those times...

"Be still, my beating heart!" reminds me of Samuel Beckett's "Murphy" where there is at the beginning an (Indian?) guru or sage who could stop his heart for a minute or so... Beckett I think had the s.node in Aquarius("machines") and the n.node in Leo("heart"), weird thing the literal heart, stands astrologically rather not for a stereotypical machine that just repeately pumps blood...

I think there are several possible reasons why a transit may not be felt immediately or perhaps not at all.

- because of its characteristics when it's Neptune.

- several major transits at the same time can be difficult to distinguish from each other.

- the planet is not a time lord.

- Astrological bias. Your transit is not my transit and not a textbook transit

- because it's not always easy to identify or classify inner and outer changes from the very start. Especially the "messages" of the transits only become clear over time.
Very well depicted !

But, ... I really thought that it is some sort of basic astrological knowledge; The transital intensity of a particular planet / centaur / asteroid depends on the power the object has in chart; yes ! in the native's individual chart.

So, a weak Saturn may not show very intense transit activity, while a strong Saturn may cause some significant trouble.

This is about planet rating according to dignities for example; Saturn in 10 and Capricorn would be strong, in 9 and Sagittarius would be weak. Aspects can support such a strenght or weakness, stationaries usually give enormous energy.

By the way; Saturn is in Pisces together with Nessus in conjunction, it blurries saturnal effects by nature; like transits of Neptune can escape from perception by nature generally.