Ruler of 2nd in the 1st house

Monaki

Hi,

Moon rules the 2nd house and is conjunct the ascendant. I'm wondering about (accidental) dignity here. First house / ascendant is usually a good place for a planet. However, in this case, the Moon can't see the house she rules.
Any thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Monaki

are you active in the Arts, dancing or working with the Public and you get your income through these activities?
This placement denotes a highly intuitive person. Emotions and intuition are the basis for taking action.
I see the 1st house / Aries with ruler Mars, so the Moon is not comfortable there. As I said unless, she finds a good outlet for the emotions.

Thank you!

It’s a friend‘s chart. :) No arts as source of income or hobby. Moon is in Gemini.
I was wondering if an angular house, which is normally a preferable placement for a planet (accidental dignity) clashes with the fact that in this case the planet cannot see its own house (no Ptolemaic aspect).

the moon as lord of 2 in ascendent sees its own house the best, the second house of any house is always the closest and the dearest one to the previous house.

Last edited:
the moon as lord of 2 in ascendent sees its own house the best, the second house of any house is always the closest and the dearest one to the previous house.
Is your judgement based on Hellenistic astrology? I’m asking because it’s the perspective from which I’m looking at this constellation.

vedic astrology
Ok. The applying rules for judging the condition of a planet in Hellenistic astrology are different. A planet can only see the house it rules if it makes a Ptolemaic aspect to it. It doesn’t have anything to do whether it likes the house or not. When a planet can see its own house, it is more potent to manage the topics related to that house.

Hi,

Moon rules the 2nd house and is conjunct the ascendant. I'm wondering about (accidental) dignity here. First house / ascendant is usually a good place for a planet. However, in this case, the Moon can't see the house she rules.
Any thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Monaki
Monaki, I think you mean that the Moon is in Gemini and 1st.

In Gemini, the Moon gets no essential dignity, no debility either. It is peregrine, which means it's nether good, nor bad,but as my book says "such planets seek respect from others" meaning that they do not feel confident enough to trust themselves and seek support/approval from others, which may lead to issues.
However, this, I assume is not all about the Moon. Is there an aspect to Mercury, it's ruler? To benefics? In both cases, it gets a +. The opposite if it gets a harsh aspect to malefics. Then you check the condition of the planets it aspects, because this is important. If it gets aspects, it is good that these are to dignified planets, even in harsh aspects. If the opposite is the case, then it is negative. How negative? It depends on the planet, the aspect and condition. Besides, is the Moon in, or out of sect? Where is the Sun? Is there an aspect between the 2? Of what kind? etc etc As you can tell, the info you offer is limited, so it is hard to come to a judgement like this, so we need the chart.
If there are issues with the condition of the Moon, those become EVIDENT, because it is accidentally dignified, so obvious. The same goes for financial issues that the Moon is related with, being the ruler of 2nd. When a ruler cannot see the house it rules, this is negative for the matters the house is responsible for, I mean that it cannot help out. However, 2nd house matters of income/property are very important to this person.

This is how I see this.

Last edited:
I suppose the 1st house is the 12th from the 2nd. So the Moon is in the 12th house, which is Pisces. The Moon can then hold dignity in 12th.

Last edited:
the only two planets that are well placed in 12th house are Venus and Ketu.

moon in 12th is a highly bad place for him.

the only two planets that are well placed in 12th house are Venus and Ketu.

moon in 12th is a highly bad place for him.
I did not know that. I thought the signs dignity could also apply to the related houses. Logic does not always work :ROFLMAO:.

@IRIS 70

Thank you for your detailed answer.
It's a friend's chart and I have not asked him for permission to post his chart. I will include your suggestions in my analysis.

Which book are you refering to? I'm always interested in more material. :)

Monaki, I think you mean that the Moon is in Gemini and 1st.

Sure, as outlined in my first post. The Moon rules the 2nd and is in the 1st house, which of course makes a Gemini Moon based on whole sign houses.

My question relates to the accidental dignity of a planet being in the 1st house - which is usually a favorable place - compared to aversion, which debilitates the planet.

I'm trying to find out if this condition (angular house vs aversion) is a contradiction and how this should be classified from a Hellenistic perspective.

So this is not about a full analysis of dignities and debilities. I'm investigating this particular part of planetary condition, no matter the planet. It could also be Venus or Mercury as the ruling planets, or the ruler of the 8th in the 7th house (angular but averse).

Is my question clearer now?

Last edited:
@IRIS 70

Thank you for your detailed answer.
It's a friend's chart and I have not asked him for permission to post his chart. I will include your suggestions in my analysis.

Which book are you refering to? I'm always interested in more material. :)

Sure, as outlined in my first post. The Moon rules the 2nd and is in the 1st house, which of course makes a Gemini Moon based on whole sign houses.

My question relates to the accidental dignity of a planet being in the 1st house - which is usually a favorable place - compared to aversion, which debilitates the planet.

I'm trying to find out if this condition (angular house vs aversion) is a contradiction and how this should be classified from a Hellenistic perspective.

So this is not about a full analysis of dignities and debilities. I'm investigating this particular part of planetary condition, no matter the planet. It could also be Venus or Mercury as the ruling planets, or the ruler of the 8th in the 7th house (angular but averse).

Is my question clearer now?
"Αstrology and the authentic self" by Demetra George, "Hellenistic Astrology" by Chris Brennan etc.