Psyche - 16

chad44

I like this asteroid. Like the myth associated with it as well. One of my favourite stories.

You can read about it here:

and here:

I think it might be connected with themes of love, yes, but also with being psychic.

Do you know anyone who has this asteroid very tight with their Sun or Moon? How do you see it playing out in their lives?

my intuition tells me psyche is a part of your inner-being, right down to your core.
if you use psyche in personal relationship charts, it will make a big impact with the other person where you will
never really forget them. not in an obsessive way or wishing you were together. but a conjunction to an inner
planet with another with psyche will hit you in the gut as it hits your 'essence' or soul & vice-versa. in that way, it could
be related to love but not in the venus material touchy skin way; it's deeper than that.

I have been trying to understand Psyche lately in my own chart.
At 11°Aqu it is conj my Asc at 13, with my Mars there at 14!
Can't seem to come across anything that makes sense about Psyche on the Asc.

very interesting. you must be a very mind/body/soul type of person. are you? do you do yoga, meditate, into the
spiritual realm? could you even be a healer with that mars conjunction? others may view you as a goddess-type.
does any of this resonate? even your name is healing. i once considered changing my name to rachel as I love it so much.
maybe because rachael is such a powerful woman in the bible.

@JennyB I have seen that others think I have little common sense, or they know I am one who understands the true nature of things seen and unseen. I live in the spirit, yes. Live my life out as to where I am going, rather than where I am or where I have been.

my intuition tells me psyche is a part of your inner-being, right down to your core.
if you use psyche in personal relationship charts, it will make a big impact with the other person where you will
never really forget them. not in an obsessive way or wishing you were together. but a conjunction to an inner
planet with another with psyche will hit you in the gut as it hits your 'essence' or soul & vice-versa. in that way, it could
be related to love but not in the venus material touchy skin way; it's deeper than that.
interesting, my x partner has his psyche conjunct my sun. would that mean, he will not forget me? we have a child together.

Psyche and Eros are conjunct in my natal chart in Taurus, I also have Vesta, Moon and Mars in this sign too.
Rule of it all is Venus in Gemini in my 4th unaspected.

I guess the ability to endlessly penetrate my object of desire may come from this wooping big stellium in Taurus and possibly the opposition to an 8th house Pluto and the fact the 2nd house ruler is Mars as it is intercepted in Aries.

IC on aldebaran and MC on Antares for good measure of sexual potency.

I have great control though, I can go years of no sex at all.

I understand that Vesta turns me into a virgin too where I could literally not have sex for the rest of my life, this is conjunct my Moon and gives me great spiritual strength. Not just sex either, I could cut off anything and avoid the pitfalls forever, it just needs a reason.
Vesta is the eternal flame, the Fire that never goes out.

Moon conjunct Vesta the godess of the sea.
Sun conjunct Persephone, I have some crazy conjunctions in my chart lol.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Like Eros, also Psyche seems to require a gender specific interpretation in the chart of a native.

Thus in a chart of a female native, Psyche symbolizes the "beauty competition" for example, making use of intrigues and manipulation. Female models do noticeable often have Psyche in principles 3 and or 8.

In a chart of a male native, Psyche may indicate where and of what kind there might be a danger to get manipulated, misused and or exploited by women, and what kinds of female expectations the male native may get in contact with.

Like Eros, also Psyche seems to require a gender specific interpretation in the chart of a native.

Thus in a chart of a female native, Psyche symbolizes the "beauty competition" for example, making use of intrigues and manipulation. Female models do noticeable often have Psyche in principles 3 and or 8.

In a chart of a male native, Psyche may indicate where and of what kind there might be a danger to get manipulated, misused and or exploited by women, and what kinds of female expectations the male native may get in contact with.
In my life it was always males who mistreated me and also manipulated.
Women flock towards me. This is not always sexual either.
Women have always been the best people to gain knowledge from at least from a deeper perspective as they naturally can go as deep as they want to as they are unrestricted by expectations, however the male side I developed later, I can go head to head with your best, no feeling of inadequacy.

Strongly masculine female type charts are not compatible with me and resemble the same traits as the expected male archetype and suffer through restriction to express by males. I don't personally have this issue, I am free of being obligated to expectation, I don't give a figs anus.

This dilemma has no attachment to actual biological sex, it is all within the mental make up of the native.

Though yes I am male, I have testosterone, I can use Mars as it should be used but then we could go back and forth on opinions of how Mars should be rather than the objective point that the physical world and biological make up still pits you as male and females as females, the mind can be manipulated, biology cannot.

But then I always was in my best mind when I was detached from all expectations and just being myself and that stuck, so perhaps this is a confidence thing, confident people are not always the loud shouty ones, can tell a genuine person a mile away from a phony.

Last edited:
But then I always was in my best mind when I was detached from all expectations and just being myself and that stuck, so perhaps this is a confidence thing, confident people are not always the loud shouty ones, can tell a genuine person a mile away from a phony.
This discussion reminds me of a book I ve read few years ago "Die narzisstische Gesellschaft" by Hans-Joachim Maaz. I don't know if it has been translated into English.

For example, a male native with Psyche in house 3 may meet many female persons who want him to be talkative, join them on small journeys, write them nice love letters.
Very interesting. My 16 Psyche is in the first house, about 4° ahead of the AC, in relatively early Leo. Difficult to be sure, but to me seems that women would mostly like me to be just around, be present, without any particular expectation, but the way these things go, not so easy to be sure of anything, might be all wrong... But going to sleep again – if possible already at this time, with daylight savings time...

Last edited:
This discussion reminds me of a book I ve read few years ago "Die narzisstische Gesellschaft" by Hans-Joachim Maaz. I don't know if it has been translated into English.
Narcissism, well yes rejecting the true self for a phony one ends up in serious identity issues, I mean I think we could point to todays gender politcs to see how wide spread this phenomenon is, the younger Gen-Z and some millennials of my generation are loud and brazen with it whilst not understanding they are undoing things. Change don;t happen by changing how you look or making people accept you, you have to accept who you are yourself.

Not sure who is aware of this:

When Plato talked about the "soul", the word he used was "psychê", literally a butterfly... I guess how a butterfly flutters from flower to flower, sometimes staying a while, sometimes only briefly, overall almost unpredictable, lead to associate the butterfly with how at least the conscious mind flutters from topic to topic... And, of course, via the shape of the butterfly there is also a clearly sexual connotation... (All in all, I guess also fitting with the Moon now in Gemini, by the way...)

Of Apuleius who wrote "The Golden Ass" (original title "Metamorphoseon Libri XI") which contains the "myth" of Psyche not many works have been preserved. One of them is a translation of Plato's "Phaedo" to Latin, where Socrates argues for the immortality of the soul, he also wrote a book titled "On the God of Socrates" and one titled "On Plato and his Doctrine", a biography of Plato plus an outline of part of Plato’s philosophy.

Quote from my website:

The four tasks of Psyche in Apuleius’ The Golden Ass are about elemental transformations of nominally the psyche.

The four tasks are in the middle of the book, nested threefold into the outer story of Lucius as an ass, the fairy tale of Cupid and Psyche, and Psyche’s visits to different deities for help, until she ends up at Venus who poses the four tasks to her.

While the two outmost stories are based in part on well-known older myths and folk tales, and the ancient gods reflect their well-known natures, this appears not to be the case for Psyche’s tasks. Instead it is more likely that Apuleius devised them himself or at least that they emerged around his time, as a way to convey certain new ideas.
[...]

The original title of the book was Metamorphoseon Libri XI, which is likely why Apuleius might have devised the tasks of Psyche as elemental transformations of the soul and placed them at the very center of his masterpiece.

Some more improvised associations, as maybe inspiration, also from my website:

Apuleius lived in a very fruitful time in which many symbolic systems found a form to stay in for many centuries by melting Greek and Egyptian/African views into something new: Star signs got their attributed elements; in Stoicism the highest, lightest form of pneuma was called psychê; in alchemy the transition towards the philosopher’s stone black-white-yellow-red is the same order of elements as apparently in Psyche’s tasks; a mummy reminds of the chrysalis into which a caterpillar weaves itself and later emerges as a butterfly, a cocoon as sort of a vessel towards a higher life; leading back in time to silkworms, the changing colors of a mulberry and the great goddess, or forward to then upcoming religions like Christianity that feature the idea of an immortal soul, and so on.

If you speak German, there was a long thread with lots of research around the origins of some of the stories in Apuleius' "The Golden Ass" started in summer 2017 (titled "Amor & Psyche"), and the infamous "Mondfaden" also contained quite a few references... ;)

Contrary to the main planets, Chiron for example, actually even Lilith, the mythology of Psyche specifically is about gender issues itself. The story involves another female for competition, and a male as some sort of a tool. And this is the similarity between 16 Psyche and 433 Eros, the gender differences and interactions put on stage in the mythological story.

And now, as an astrologer, you can come along and make no native's gender difference in the interpretion for Psyche and Eros, or ...

You acknowledge that there are gender specific differences between male and female natives.

Thus, you have male natives with male traits symbolized by the Eros position in his chart, getting in contact with female traits symbolized by the position of Psyche in his chart,

and inversed,

you have female natives with female traits symbolized by the Psyche position in her chart, getting in contact with male traits symbolized by the position of Eros in her chart.

Try to put yourself into each individual, not ignoring the gender of the native.

If you need to deal with equality issues in societies, gender fights, gendering, all that stuff, you'd best refer to the various Lilith objects of your choice in the charts.

The orb for asteroids is 1°, so for Psyche and Eros, too?

What is the differene between Psyche and Eros, and Venus and Mars in a chart?

Last edited: