New Moon 18°02' Taurus - 8th May

Penguin Trauma

And what a chart, look at the concentrated focus of energies all clustered there!

We have the New Moon in Taurus, quite close to a conjunction with Uranus, and by extension, a conjunction to Jupiter.

So it's possibly bringing in the themes of the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, whatever occurred around then, and laying the foundations based on that conjunction. Maybe this is when the true new Jupiter/Uranus cycle begins.

It's new growth into a possible future that could be exciting, but also uncharted and unpredictable, what with Uranus there. Also expansive, with Jupiter there too. It also makes a tight sextile to Saturn Pisces, adding a stabilising and grounding effect. Putting ideas into a solid and workable 5 Point Plan.

However, with it being Taurus, and involving Saturn, the future will take shape in its own sweet mellow time ..... which for those of us who have natal placements in more impatient signs (ie Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius) this can feel excruciatingly slow!

There's the scenic route, and then there is ... Taurus, which takes the scenic route to a next level altogether 😂

For everyone else, this might be a welcome slowing down from the relentless pace of life, especially after the highly abrasive Eclipse/Chiron activity.

With Venus involved, this may include the finer pleasures in life, good food, cheese-and-wine style, social get togethers, date nights, or simply relaxing with a good book, or podcasts, Netflix.

The future is solidly changing and unfolding, but we may not notice it straightaway, as it won't be quick, it will be a gradual propelling into a different landscape.

With Saturn, time is required to put a plan into motion, doing things properly in a meticulous way with no cutting of corners, step by step.

The Moon is in its exaltation in Taurus, and is ruled by Venus, in its domicile sign of Taurus. So plenty of time to stop, and smell the roses along the way.

Venus is reaching combustion though, up until the next New Moon in Gemini, which will have the Sun/Venus Cazimi - when Venus transitions to an Evening Star.

Maybe this New Moon Taurus will be a bit like the "balsamic" phase for Venus, where it's in downtime or preparation mode. The slow transition, metamorphosis, or nesting phase.

Mars is also in its domicile sign of Aries too, and will activate the Eclipse degrees and Chiron later in the month.

I have to admit I quite like the feel of this New Moon, but that's more on an intuitive level 🙂

Where will this fall in your chart?

1714286938828.png

Last edited:
Cardinal angles, with "the fated" indicated by nodes on Asc/Desc - looks like "something" will go down...

Mars in Aries 12h, loosely conjunct the fibbing Neptune in Pisces, tightly square to MC/IC, too.

On a positive note, the 4h/5h together (both have cusps in Cancer, so a strong NM energy) indicating expression of one's core self through creativity. With the NM in a Venus-ruled zone, and with Venus at home in Taurus, the visual side of that could be prominent (cosying up the home environment?) - as could music (accentuated by Neptune in Pisces - both Venus and Neptune are two of the most musical planets).

Well, this will be an interesting one. According to Astro Gold, this particular new Moon will make the following aspects to my natal chart:
  • Opposite natal Vertex in 3H (0º00' applying)
  • Biquintile natal Sun/Moon midpoint in 10H (also 0º00' applying)
  • Inconjunct natal Moon in 8H (0º21' applying)
  • Sextile natal Black Moon Lilith in 1H (0º33' applying)
  • Biquintile natal Pluto in 7H (0º40' separating)
  • Semisextile natal Vesta in 2H (1º10' separating)
  • Semisextile natal Mars in 4H (1º23' applying)
  • Opposite natal true North node in 9H (2º22' separating)
  • Sextile natal Ascendant (2º46' separating)
  • Trine natal Juno in 6H (4º05' separating)
The opposition with my Vertex is pretty interesting, especially as my current lunar return and solar return have the same rising sign (Libra) and very similar degree. According to most texts I've read (and people I've spoken to) about lunar returns, that indicates a significant month of the year.

This particular new Moon will be in my natal 3H, VR 4H, SR 8H and LR 8H. Jupiter and Uranus also fall into my natal 3H, VR 4H, SR 8H and LR 8H.

Since the Vertex is involved, I snuck a peek at my VR chart. Transit Venus, at the time of the new Moon, will be in my natal 2H, VR 3H, SR 8H and LR 8H. Against my Venus return chart, transit Venus also makes the following aspects:
  • Semisquare VR Neptune in VR 2H (0º34' applying)
  • Conjunct VR Jupiter in VR 3H (1º31' separating)
  • Trine VR Ascendant (1º06' applying)
  • Quintile VR Sun in VR 1H (1º41' separating)
  • Conjunct VR Imum Coeli (1º56' applying)
  • Sextile VR Saturn in VR 2H (2º26' separating)
Don't know whether there's anything else to it, but the transiting name asteroid (2177 Oliver) at the time of the new Moon (24º24' Taurus) also makes an exact biquintile (0º00' applying) with my natal Moon, and the transiting Vertex at the exact time of the new Moon (12º07' Libra) makes an almost exact sextile with my natal name asteroid in my 9H (0º02' applying). It would seem this new Moon is going to carry a certain degree of personal significance.

Rather an odd one for me, it will be in my 4th house and opposite natal Uranus in 10th

But, it's what it's doing to my progressed planets which is the odd part! I didn't know that there was a very near exact T-square forming between progressed Venus Taurus, Uranus Scorpio, and Moon Leo.

The New Moon will activate that T-square, very closely!

On another angle, transit Jupiter will be in my natal 5th house! 😀🎉

Again conjunct Juno 4th house opposite Mars/Saturn 10th house.
There was so much happening at the same time with the eclipse, it is a good thing things will slow down before it unfolds further. Get to enjoy the changes while they are happening. I like your explanation of the new moon @Penguin Trauma. Just what I needed.
I have been so busy the past two years. Last week I was so tired, I decided to sit down and just do nothing (ok almost nothing) and let things unfold. Hopefully this energy will help me recover further.

On another angle, transit Jupiter will be in my natal 5th house! 😀🎉
Nice 🙂, I have to wait a little longer.

I like how the ingress of Jupiter in Gemini will be accompanied with the Sun and Venus. Gemini is my 5th house. But first the whole bunch will pass my natal Chiron. So I'll be home doing some more healing and recovering the next few weeks 🍀😅

I'm just glad that Jupiter will be in my 5th, only because Uranus will follow suit, in late June 🙂

Uranus in the 4th has been turbulent and hard going on me and my immediate family, as a collective unit. We could all do with some respite, peace, healing, and quiet times - I actually wish for some pleasant boredom there for us, beige for a change! 🙏 just First World problems, like the kettle needing descaling?

The only bugbear is that as soon as Uranus leaves my 4th house, Uranus will enter my sibling's 4th house almost at the same time!! So it's like I'm passing the baton there!

I think the difference is that her 4th house is only the last few degrees of Taurus and then most of Gemini, so maybe different energies there, fingers crossed.

We both have Uranus natally in different signs too, mine is Scorpio, hers is Libra. Again, hopefully different outcomes.

Last edited:
9th house here. I’m not so much of a 9th house person, except for the academic field. So I don’t know what to do with it. The planets in Taurus will only make very few aspects to my natal planets. Therefore I don’t expect Taurus season to be very personal. However, I can sense the relief and the breath of fresh air. That should be enough to look forward to and enjoy. :)

According to many astrologers, May is the best month of the year. So enjoy yourselves and have a good time! 🌼💫

Last edited:
I'm more focused on Saturn and Neptune co-present in Pisces. Myself and a few others have Saturn square Neptune around the same time.

NM Natal 10th house, local chart NM in 7th house. NM opp Uranus, inconjunct Neprune,

Good luck @Lunasel

I'm more focused on Saturn and Neptune co-present in Pisces. Myself and a few others have Saturn square Neptune around the same time.

What has been your experience with it so far? I'll have this transit in 2025. I'm so happy that the Neptune square Neptune is over.

This is conjunct my dsc. In my last SR I had Mercury conjunct Uranus in pretty much the same spot conjunct my SR dsc (my SR angles also matched my natal angles). Then of course there was the Jupiter conjunct Uranus also triggering my dsc. It’s been (still is) a year of massive upheavals from a work relationships point of view. I had expected more impact on marriage issues but that has been an oasis of calm 😅

I’m hoping this New Moon marks a new and constructive work phase. It closely follows the point my second Saturn return becomes exact (1st of 3 passes) so may require effort and increased responsibility.

Venus Cazimi Sun is exact in my upcoming SR, in natal 7th house and exactly conjunct SR IC. The MC/IC axis is ruled by Jupiter and Mercury respectively and they are conjunct in 3rd house in the SR chart. I expect there will still be lots of communication and activity following the fall out of the past few months - but hopefully now with a clear sense of direction and hope for the future. I hope this New Moon heralds a new sense of optimism for colleagues and partners!

What has been your experience with it so far? I'll have this transit in 2025. I'm so happy that the Neptune square Neptune is over.
I have Saturn square Neltune tomorrow, not sure what it is yet. My sister had it early April and she herniated her back. I usually equate Saturn-Neptune as having to face something I always wished I wouldn't have to. Reality check.

tr Saturn square n Neptune, I will have it in June and July this year with 1 degree orb. I am not sure how I will experience it, since it will coincide with other Saturn transits:

tr Saturn conjunct n Sun at 14 degrees Pisces back and forth.
tr Saturn opposing n NN at 17 degrees Virgo ....
tr Saturn square n Moon at 18 degrees Gemini ...
tr Saturn square n Neptune 20 Sagittarius.
tr Saturn square n Asc 21 Sagittarius.
tr Saturn trine n Uranus 21 Scorpio.

Reality check and spiritual, emotional and identity crises, plus reality check for the path of life.
n NN 17 Virgo is significant in my chart as it is in conjunction with draconic Mars and in opposition to n Sun.
Saturn (ruler of draconic Moon) can mark a turning point and revelation of the true path I should take in life.
I'm worried about what the next few months have in store for me, specially September.

Last edited:
And what a chart, look at the concentrated focus of energies all clustered there!

We have the New Moon in Taurus, quite close to a conjunction with Uranus, and by extension, a conjunction to Jupiter.

So it's possibly bringing in the themes of the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, whatever occurred around then, and laying the foundations based on that conjunction. Maybe this is when the true new Jupiter/Uranus cycle begins.

It's new growth into a possible future that could be exciting, but also uncharted and unpredictable, what with Uranus there. Also expansive, with Jupiter there too. It also makes a tight sextile to Saturn Pisces, adding a stabilising and grounding effect. Putting ideas into a solid and workable 5 Point Plan.

However, with it being Taurus, and involving Saturn, the future will take shape in its own sweet mellow time ..... which for those of us who have natal placements in more impatient signs (ie Aries, Gemini, Sagittarius) this can feel excruciatingly slow!

There's the scenic route, and then there is ... Taurus, which takes the scenic route to a next level altogether 😂

For everyone else, this might be a welcome slowing down from the relentless pace of life, especially after the highly abrasive Eclipse/Chiron activity.

With Venus involved, this may include the finer pleasures in life, good food, cheese-and-wine style, social get togethers, date nights, or simply relaxing with a good book, or podcasts, Netflix.

The future is solidly changing and unfolding, but we may not notice it straightaway, as it won't be quick, it will be a gradual propelling into a different landscape.

With Saturn, time is required to put a plan into motion, doing things properly in a meticulous way with no cutting of corners, step by step.

The Moon is in its exaltation in Taurus, and is ruled by Venus, in its domicile sign of Taurus. So plenty of time to stop, and smell the roses along the way.

Venus is reaching combustion though, up until the next New Moon in Gemini, which will have the Sun/Venus Cazimi - when Venus transitions to an Evening Star.

Maybe this New Moon Taurus will be a bit like the "balsamic" phase for Venus, where it's in downtime or preparation mode. The slow transition, metamorphosis, or nesting phase.

Mars is also in its domicile sign of Aries too, and will activate the Eclipse degrees and Chiron later in the month.

I have to admit I quite like the feel of this New Moon, but that's more on an intuitive level 🙂

View attachment 2420
Another great write up! Had to do a search to find this one.
This lunation is conjunct my natal moon in the 6th placidus house! My moon is my best aspected planet in my chart so I hope it will be good. However, this degree is also exactly square my MC is it’s been a mixed bag with the Jupiter Uranus square which this new moon is going to reactivate. It will also reactivate the previous Leo Venus Star Point at 20 degrees that happened last August this is exactly conjunct my MC.

The moon rules my south node 8th house I’m waiting on something to do with settlements it’s been really slow moving but positive perhaps I’ll get some good news at the Mercury Jupiter conjunction which is part of the new Gemini Venus Star Point at 14 29 degrees exactly conjunct my natal Saturn in the 7th house. All these exact conjunctions make me a bit nervous 😥 has any else experienced these transits? Hope you enjoy this video on the Taurus new moon for all ascendants🍏

Will have to watch the rest of the video after work, very interesting so far!

Wow, I didn't know about the New Moon activating the Venus Star point in Leo in mid August 2023! 😮 Did you say continuation?!

The Venus Cazimi took place at 20°28' Leo and was square Jupiter and especially closely with Uranus. Chart below:

1715059831431.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tia
Hmm, this is going to be an interesting lunation, for sure: I have my eye on the following full Moon in Sagittarius on 23.05.2024 at 13:53:09 UTC, where the intentions of this new Moon come to fruition: I see a veritable boatload of aspects made to my Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn.

All are transit aspects to my natal planets:
Transit #moon#square#sun (3º14' separating)#sextile#mercury (0º36' applying)#trine#saturn (5º39' separating)
Transit #sun#square#sun (3º14' separating)#trine#mercury (0º36' applying)#trine#venus (3º31' separating)
Transit #venus#square#sun (0º01' applying)#trine#mercury (3º54' applying)#trine#venus (0º15' separating)#sextile#saturn (2º23' separating)
Transit #jupiter#square#sun (0º14' applying)#trine#mercury (4º07' applying)#trine#venus (0º02' separating)#sextile#saturn (2º10' separating)
Transit #uranus#square#sun (5º59' applying)#trine#venus (5º42' applying)
Transit #neptune#semisextile#sun (0º10' applying)#sextile#venus (0º06' separating)#trine#saturn (2º14 separating)
Transit #pluto#conjunction#mercury (1º33' separating)#conjunction#venus (2º36' applying)#opposition#saturn (4º44' applying)

Lots of squares to my Sun. This is gonna hurt. The flowing aspects to Mercury, Venus and Saturn are a very pleasant change, though!

Uranus trining my natal Venus. Hmm. Makes me think of this:

"I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating;
I'd let you watch, I would invite you - but the queens we use would not excite you."
- Tim Rice, Chess (One Night in Bangkok)

The Venus-Jupiter conjunction also occurs at 29º23 Taurus ... and my natal Venus is at 29º23 Capricorn, which is an exact trine. So, there's that...

Hmm, this is going to be an interesting lunation, for sure: I have my eye on the following full Moon in Sagittarius on 23.05.2024 at 13:53:09 UTC, where the intentions of this new Moon come to fruition: I see a veritable boatload of aspects made to my Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn.

All are transit aspects to my natal planets:
Transit #moon#square#sun (3º14' separating)#sextile#mercury (0º36' applying)#trine#saturn (5º39' separating)
Transit #sun#square#sun (3º14' separating)#trine#mercury (0º36' applying)#trine#venus (3º31' separating)
Transit #venus#square#sun (0º01' applying)#trine#mercury (3º54' applying)#trine#venus (0º15' separating)#sextile#saturn (2º23' separating)
Transit #jupiter#square#sun (0º14' applying)#trine#mercury (4º07' applying)#trine#venus (0º02' separating)#sextile#saturn (2º10' separating)
Transit #uranus#square#sun (5º59' applying)#trine#venus (5º42' applying)
Transit #neptune#semisextile#sun (0º10' applying)#sextile#venus (0º06' separating)#trine#saturn (2º14 separating)
Transit #pluto#conjunction#mercury (1º33' separating)#conjunction#venus (2º36' applying)#opposition#saturn (4º44' applying)

Lots of squares to my Sun. This is gonna hurt. The flowing aspects to Mercury, Venus and Saturn are a very pleasant change, though!

Uranus trining my natal Venus. Hmm. Makes me think of this:

"I don't see you guys rating the kind of mate I'm contemplating;
I'd let you watch, I would invite you - but the queens we use would not excite you."
- Tim Rice, Chess (One Night in Bangkok)

The Venus-Jupiter conjunction also occurs at 29º23 Taurus ... and my natal Venus is at 29º23 Capricorn, which is an exact trine. So, there's that...
The Venus Jupiter conjunction is exactly on my descendant! I’m not going to speculate I’m kinda done with this slow Taurus energy.

Will have to watch the rest of the video after work, very interesting so far!

Wow, I didn't know about the New Moon activating the Venus Star point in Leo in mid August 2023! 😮 Did you say continuation?!

The Venus Cazimi took place at 20°28' Leo and was square Jupiter and especially closely with Uranus. Chart below:

View attachment 2497
Yep! Each time the Jupiter Uranus conjunction gets activated it will trigger the Leo Venus star point. I’m doing research on VSP for my next video on the Gemini VSP so I may do a write up but if you want to do one go for it. I’ll chime in.