Neptune at 29°Pisces 2024 - conjuct Scheat

Penguin Trauma

I thought this was definitely worthy of a standalone thread.

We will have Neptune at the 29th degree of Pisces for four whole months in 2024:

3rd May - reaches 29°00' Pisces

17th May - conjunct Scheat at 29°22' Pisces

3rd July - stations retrograde at 29°56' Pisces

19th Aug - conjunct Scheat at 29°22' Pisces

4th Sept - reverts to 29°00' Pisces

We will have further stints at 29°Pisces (March 2025, and again from October 2025 to January 2026) - but this is the longest one out of them all

What do you think will happen during this one in 2024?

Here's what I previously wrote on the 2024 thread - would love to hear other thoughts:

A planet on the Anaretic degree adds a sense of haste and urgency, but it's also when the planets energies are depleted, exhausted all its resources, like the planet is "tired", but it will attempt a last resort to cling on to the waning energies.

So with Neptune, will confusion be more rife? Or will everything that was hidden and swept under the carpet be exposed? Will the Neptunian filter fall from people's eyes? Or will the fog get thicker? Things or even people that disappeared from view, once thought lost forever, may finally fully reappear again with full transparency. Maybe also the mother of all collective hangovers .... Or it could be a collective relapse (metaphorical)

I imagine the disappointment that follows the illusion will be more pronounced and heightened. A bit like the Wizard of Oz, turning out to be an ordinary man with good sound effects and clever props.

I think this will also be a time where things become too much for many people.

Since Neptune stationed direct early this month, I've known many people to just feel overwhelmed by everything, and not because it's Christmas, but by life in general. Kind of like a sensory overload. People are picking up on others' energies more acutely than usual.

Neptune and Pisces are about fluid boundaries, well it's boundless, so it wouldn't surprise me if people started feeling psychic overwhelm over the coming months. Or at least become much more sensitive than usual. People may need more time alone.

I think those who are more attuned to Neptunian energies, those who have harnessed them and integrated them, may fare a little better.

But for those people who are firmly rooted in material or rational reality might unravel in it, as they are not used to heightened levels of sensitivity or overwhelm. I actually see mental health issues, maybe addiction, reaching very high numbers, a crescendo. Whatever a person does to numb the emotions, won't work anymore. That would be the New Pandemic - collective dark nights of the soul.

Or for those who have suppressed or denied their emotions and sensitivities, or even psychic abilities, for whatever reason be it early conditioning or religious reasons, may see them blasted open like a tsunami. Third Eye on steroids!

But generally, I don't see this as going well, I think all of us will feel some degree of a soul weary tiredness. It may be quite an emotionally daunting time.

Last edited:
The way I am feeling today, you might be right. T Sun conjunct natal Neptune square T Neptune conjunct Moon.
I always react strong to Neptune transits. I'll keep an eye out for this one. Not much experience with Scheat.

I am seeing a lot of heavy transits at the same moment. Neptune opposite Lilith. Mars conjunct NN in Aries... Sun/Uranus / Venus / Jupiter conjunct in Taurus trine Pluto, trine Lilith. Something profoundly changing the things we rely on, coming out of nowhere.

Hope I am not right about this. Some kind of dark horse.

29 degree Pisces trine to natal 29 Jupiter 8th.
the interpretation of the trine between Neptune with Jupiter resonates with what PT mentioned.
Optimism, keeping faith in life, inner feeling of spiritual contentment which can be reflected materially.
Basis is not material, but integrated Neptune-Jupiter energy, as PT said.

@Penguin Trauma things can be too much, I’ve had Neptune square Moon and Now Sun, last year my emotions were so massive I could barely manage. I have natal Moon-Neptune conjunct. Spacey. Watery Neptune in Pisces has no limits

Watery Neptune in Pisces has no limits

It really doesn't!

And imagine those watery limitless energies at the Anaretic degree 😳 where Neptune is tired and worn out and functioning erratically.

Posted in my Solar Return thread, I will have Neptune making a square to my Asc and DC at 28°41' Sagi/Gem from February 2024 (given the orb - I use 2° for outer planets) into April 2025!

Looking at the square to the DC I can see many problems in terms of relationships, not a good time for committing at all, probably even the worst time for that!

Even if a man says, "what lovely weather we are having today" .... I will be screening for solid proof 😂 Is it lovely? What's that cloud doing there then, huh? HUH? Liar.

The last time Neptune conjoined Scheat (exact conjunction began April 1860) saw the failure of the Crittenden Compromise that would have enshrined slavery permanently into the Constitution, and the beginning of the secession of the various states of the US that would eventually lead to the bloody War between the States.

Dissolution is a very Pisces thing. It looks like there is going to be a repeat.

Just as Neptune is direct and moving towards the last few degrees of Pisces, it finally shows it's true colours.

Literally! 😂 turns out that during the 80s, the colour was enhanced to that familiar deep sea blue. When in reality it's a light aqua green.

From the article:

"They did something that I think everyone on Instagram will have done at some time in their life, they tweaked the colours,"

"They accentuated the blue just to reveal the features that you can see in Neptune's atmosphere, and that's why the image looks very blue, but in reality, Neptune is actually pretty similar to Uranus."

1704471619441.png

Bumping this up, as Neptune is nearing the 29° Pisces

There's more ....

Neptune will reach 29° Pisces again in March 2025. This time, it will be accompanied by a Venus retrograde in Pisces/Aries!

We will have a conjunction of Venus retrograde and Neptune at 29°53' Pisces on 27th March, which is noteworthy given Venus is in exaltation, and Neptune is in domicile ... but both at 29° 🤔

Both will enter Aries a month apart, Neptune on 30th March, and after Venus stations direct, 30th April.

With a final Venus direct/Neptune conjunction at 1°09' Aries on 2nd May.

Been pondering on this one, the Venus Retrograde tied in with the very last death throes of Neptune Pisces 🤔

(Okay we get a brief stint of Neptune back in Pisces at the end of 2025, but it would have started to get established in Aries for several months)

But, this one seems noteworthy. Venus is retrograding from Aries into its sign of exaltation in Pisces, however, it will be a Morning star by then, and retrograde, so the exaltation may be hindered.

Neptune has been in dignity in Pisces, and it has certainly functioned at its strongest, but by no means has it been all rainbows and kittens. Probably the worst Neptune transit!

But wait, there's even more!

Mercury also goes retrograde. Same signs. Very similar degrees. Also conjunct a sinking shipwreck of Neptunian Pisces at 29°. And each other lol

Mercury is in its Fall in Pisces as well, to add to the above.

A brief list of Mercury/Venus activity:

28th Jan - Venus enters shadow at 24°37' Pisces

1st Feb - Venus conjunct Neptune at 27°59' Pisces

1st Mar - Mercury enters shadow at 26°50' Pisces

2nd Mar - Venus stations retrograde at 10°50' Aries

2nd Mar - Mercury conjunct Neptune at 28°57' Pisces

15th Mar - Mercury stations retrograde at 9°35' Aries

23rd Mar - Sun/Venus Cazimi at 2°39' Aries

24th Mar - Sun/Mercury Cazimi at 4°25' Aries

27th Mar - Venus conjunct Neptune at 29°53' Pisces

30th Mar - Mercury conjunct Neptune at 29°59' Pisces

7th Apr - Mercury stations direct at 26°50' Pisces

12th Apr - Venus stations direct at 24°37' Pisces

17th Apr - Mercury conjunct Neptune at 0°38' Aries

28th Apr - Mercury leaves shadow at 9°35' Aries

2nd May - Venus conjunct Neptune at 1°09' Aries

16th May - Venus leaves shadow zone at 10°50' Pisces

Okay, maybe not so brief.

But to round it all up: both Mercury and Venus go retrograde and conjunct a 29° Neptune Pisces. What is the Looniverse trying to tell us there?

Any thoughts on this conundrum of transits?

There is the NN to consider also, prior to this series of astro events.

NN will hit 0degAries at the very beginning of 2025 (that on its own is important) and will move in to Pisces at the end January. This could easily mark a spectacularly Neptunian period and would increase the influence of the conjunctions with both Mercury and Venus.

Venus Rx, as we all know, can see financial gears into reverse. With a conjunction to Neptune, it's: financial gears into reverse but maybe nobody knows why, how or what to do. Erosion is a key Neptune theme and erosion of money usually comes from inflation. So the two together are no party.

Mercury Rx tallies up neatly with the theme of Neptune reaching anaretic Pisces, because that is already the theme of Mercury Rx, e.g. confusion and disorder.

But with NN also there, those three influences look set to be a Cosmic Channelling Project of nobody knowing wtf is going on.

And........

at times like this, people tend to look for other answers.

Those "bubbles" people imaginarily maintained to fake a sense of safety......?

Burst.

Eyes open, after the lo-o-o-ong Neptunian sleep.

For sure, the unscrupulous among us may try to utilise this kind of foggy, hazy, un-focused mess to their advantage - that is their usual game.

Neptune denotes the zeitgeist and this time, I suspect the unscrupulous also are subject to Neptunian ministrations. Double doses of chaos all round.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this, just reading it makes me feel all dizzy!

I'm guessing Neptune Pisces, being the last degree of the last sign of the Zodiac, will be about major endings, a final letting go, release, surrender.

Venus retrograde involved, it may be about reviewing the losses in the past, what needs to be released, there may be regrets attached to it as well. Particularly in relationships, love matters.

Maybe a 25th hour redemptive feel to it? Like, the fish that got away had really got away, and it may be felt very intensely as a bigger loss than anticipated.

Mercury retrograde involved, and very tied in with Venus, may be about reviewing all this, but more in a longing and pondering kind of way, going back over it all in the mind. Reviewing past disappointments.

With Mercury/Neptune at a very finite 29°59' conjunction, this could really shine a bright light of clarity on all of the above. That's almost like an esoteric "call from above" 😮

Pisces can be about themes of longing and yearning. With the 29° degree, there could even be a last minute attempt to return and save something (or a someone) before it (or they) are lost forever.

Retrogrades of Mercury/Venus tends to bring in returns of people from the past. This one in particular, could bring people back in, either those you thought you would never see again ever, or those who you had major endings with. People you may have simply drifted apart from naturally over time, may return.

People returning that you may have even forgotten about entirely. Probably those who have ghosted you, disappeared off the face of the earth, both romantically or non-romantically, may return in a rather spectacular way! 🙄😂

Maybe all of them haha!

It's still too far to really guage what may happen, the above is mostly guesswork and a vague intuitive feeling.

But with Mercury/Venus retrograde, combined with 29° Neptune Pisces..... oh and let's chuck in Saturn and a very karmic North Node Pisces, all bundled together, just for cosmic sh1ts and giggles (at our expense 🤔).

Next March could be ..... Interesting.

Last edited:
Next March could be ..... Interesting.

:sleep:

After just four months, it already feels like a whole year is behind us. 😅

Neptune in Pisces has turned online life into a powerful illusion. The illusion of being connected to everyone ... and yet an endemic of loneliness is rampant. I feel this is what Saturn is revealing.
Over this extended period of time, many have unlearned and missed out on having real connections, feeling compassion for the people next door, engaging in real relationships. It became easy to hide behind the digital wall and pretend all sorts of things to yourself and others.
I think THAT is going to be a big issue.

It took me almost all the way through Pisces, to truly understand Neptune's transit (through my 7th). The illusions diminished over time, but Saturn still serves up the final unpleasant touch.

On a more self-absorbed note, it will be my birthday!

My solar return will consist of these aspects:

Mercury enters shadow at 26°50' Pisces
Venus stations retrograde at 10°50' Aries
Mercury conjunct Neptune at 28°57' Pisces

Crying into my cake of sadness already! 😭🍰

On April 18/19 Saturn, the North Node and Venus are in a conjunction at 26 degrees Pisces. The planet of relationships, the planet of restriction and contraction together with the finger pointing to growth. No more illusions! But it might also be an opportunity for the real deal!
Neptune will then already be at 0 degrees Aries, focusing (fogging) on a whole new area /era.

On a more self-absorbed note, it will be my birthday!

My solar return will consist of these aspects:

Mercury enters shadow at 26°50' Pisces
Venus stations retrograde at 10°50' Aries
Mercury conjunct Neptune at 28°57' Pisces

Crying into my cake of sadness already! 😭🍰

The relative importance of Venus and Mercury could provide a reason to breathe a sigh of relief. Do either of them rule your Solar Ascendant or touch a natal planet? Or becomes a time lord?

Some thoughts:

The end of the cycle, with retrogrades, looking back, remembering…
Remember all those things you wanted to achieve? Who you wanted to be? How well have you done? How far have you come?

Combined with Scheat in the foreleg of Pegasus, strives for the heavens - honour, ambition, courage, prowess. If you aim high you have further to fall… often associated with tragedy maybe coming from dashed hopes, being disheartened. On the other hand we may gain some sense of achievement.

A kind of coming down to earth, getting back to reality, realising not only how far we have come but also how far we have to go.

Sabian:

PISCES 30

A MAJESTIC ROCK FORMATION RESEMBLING A FACE IS IDEALIZED BY A BOY WHO TAKES IT AS HIS IDEAL OF GREATNESS, AND AS HE GROWS UP, BEGINS TO LOOK LIKE IT

This shows being able to envision or decide what you want to be and as you grow and develop, becoming that vision. The “Boy” lived in childhood under a hill figure of a president and when he grew up he became a president himself. You may find that you are growing into the image that you have imagined and it gives you a sense of pride – assuming you have chosen a positive image. What or who do you “Idealize”? What is it that you’d like to become? What image would you like to project? Meditating on a goal or the projection of an ideal can lead to actuality. Just be clear about what you really desire in the situation – you just might get it.
Manifestation of ideals. Enduring truths. Culmination of efforts. Image consultants. Projections. Desiring a sense of immortality. Defining one’s fate. Conscious manifestation.

Not being at all clear about who one is or can be. Becoming a screen for the projection of others ideals. Falling short of the mark. Shooting too far and achieving nothing.