Three horary issues for discussion (answer any)

Dima Gur

1.) Always am flabbergasted when I have a horary with the following condition:
Planet A perfects an aspect to planet C first, by degrees (time units).
Planet B perfect an aspect to planet C first, by real time / ephemeris time.
I´m rather certain that the first condition (by degrees) would be the proper way of looking at things from a textbook / tradition point of view.
Alas, this is sometimes difficult for me, as the chart is supposed to shows events which happen by a certain chronological sequence.
When you adopt such an approach the second point of view suddenly becomes enticing.
What do you lean to, when such a situation presents itself and when all three planets are major significators in the question.
(say it was a relationship question of Joe (planet A) wants to win over Sally (planet C), and Tom (planet B) barges in all of a sudden)

2.) Had a few horary relationship questions, in two of which L1 and L7 were separating (by opposition, no less).
I used traditional orb definitions, according to Deborah Houlding’s table of orbs, in order to predict how much time will pass till the relationship will fall apart.
Say The moon was in 6-deg Virgo and Saturn was in 1-deg Pisces; delineated as possible final-breakup in 5.5 time units (was weeks if you have to ask).
That´s because the orb between the two is 10.5 degrees.
Do you ever use orbs in such a way in horary or natal? (I know this is the horary forum, but please be forgiving).
Here are the orb tables:
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspecto…

3.) If you practice horary on a regular basis, how often do you do follow ups for your horary readings?

---

Thanks for participating in the discussion :)

Last edited:
I have always allocated a 10 degree orb for both Moon and Sun, plus planet orb, then calculate the moiety.

To be honest, I've not been focusing on horary for some time, but I would allow the above orbs in natal too, yes.

1.) Always am flabbergasted when I have a horary with the following condition:
Planet A perfects an aspect to planet C first, by degrees (time units).
Planet B perfect an aspect to planet C first, by real time / ephemeris time.
I´m rather certain that the first condition (by degrees) would be the proper way of looking at things from a textbook / tradition point of view.
Alas, this is sometimes difficult for me, as the chart is supposed to shows events which happen by a certain chronological sequence.
When you adopt such an approach the second point of view suddenly becomes enticing.
What do you lean to, when such a situation presents itself and when all three planets are major significators in the question.
(say it was a relationship question of Joe (planet A) wants to win over Sally (planet C), and Tom (planet B) barges in all of a sudden)

2.) Had a few horary relationship questions, in two of which L1 and L7 were separating (by opposition, no less).
I used traditional orb definitions, according to Deborah Houlding’s table of orbs, in order to predict how much time will pass till the relationship will fall apart.
Say The moon was in 6-deg Virgo and Saturn was in 1-deg Pisces; delineated as possible final-breakup in 5.5 time units (was weeks if you have to ask).
That´s because the orb between the two is 10.5 degrees.
Do you ever use orbs in such a way in horary or natal? (I know this is the horary forum, but please be forgiving).
Here are the orb tables:
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspecto…

3.) If you practice horary on a regular basis, how often do you do follow ups for your horary readings?

---

Thanks for participating in the discussion :)
I am not very good at Horary, as I am still learning, but it sounds intriguing!
In answer to the 1st question, I think Joe will NOT win over Sally, because someone intervenes, something takes place and it does not allow perfection. This is what I have seen experienced Horary Astrologers do. Of course a lot depends on receptions, as you know, as well as other factors, like translation of light, if and when it takes place, but it is not possible to discuss them all and I am not experienced.

In the second example, the Moon is separating, it won't go backwards, so the logic makes no sense-as for timing, in which we are interested in approaching aspects-Anyway, if these are the significators, I would say that I cannot see a FUTURE break up. Maybe something took place some while ago when the Moon was conj Saturn, but now the influence is getting weaker.