Postmodern Astrology: Golem

xphi.

The German Wikipedia has birth data for the Golem of Prague – while the Astrodatabank continues to stubbornly refuse to create an entry in an act of discrimation of alternative life forms.

Here is what the German Wikipedia says:

Um vier Uhr morgens (es soll sich um den 20. Adar 5340 gehandelt haben, was dem 17. März 1580 entspräche) begaben sich die drei Männer zu einer Lehmgrube an der Moldau außerhalb der Stadt. Aus feuchtem Lehm fertigten sie eine drei Ellen hohe Figur an, der sie menschliche Züge verliehen. Als dies geschehen war, befahl Rabbi Löw seinem Schwiegersohn, siebenmal um den Golem herumzugehen und hierbei eine Formel (tzirufim) aufzusagen, die der Rabbi ihm vorgab. Hierauf begann die Tonfigur zu glühen, als sei sie dem Feuer ausgesetzt. Danach umschritt der Schüler den Golem siebenmal: Der Körper wurde feucht und strömte Dämpfe aus, und dem Golem entsprossen Haare und Fingernägel. Als letzter schritt der Rabbi siebenmal um den Golem herum, und schließlich stellten sich die drei Beteiligten zu Füßen des Golems auf und sprachen gemeinsam den Satz aus der Schöpfungsgeschichte (Gen 2,7 EU): „Und Gott blies ihm den Lebensatem in die Nase, und der Mensch wurde zu einem lebendigen Wesen.“

At four o'clock in the morning (it is said to have been 20 Adar 5340, which would correspond to 17 March 1580) the three men went to a clay pit on the Vltava River outside the city. From damp clay they made a figure three cubits high, to which they gave human features. When this was done, Rabbi Löw ordered his son-in-law to walk around the golem seven times, reciting a formula (tzirufim) that the rabbi had given him. Thereupon the clay figure began to glow, as if it had been exposed to fire. Then the student walked around the golem seven times: the body became moist and emitted vapors, and the golem sprouted hair and fingernails. Last, the rabbi walked around the golem seven times, and finally the three participants stood at the golem's feet and together spoke the phrase from the creation story (Gen. 2:7 EU): "And God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being."
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Why would that be postmodern, you might ask? Creating life, would that not be something for the Age of Aquarius, like Pandora made of clay and more in the mythology around there? And today creating robots and so on (while the word "robot" comes from Czech anyways, a play by Karel Czapek, the idea for the word apparently by his brother Josef), artificial intelligence?

Then again, what about the divine couple in Egyptian mythology, I guess the woman with a frog head, who would create new life there from clay (I guess humans, maybe also animals), her name was Heqet, which already reminds of the magician goddess Hecate, oh well...

But here is the birth chart (did I already mention that Astrodatabank still refuses to create an entry, and if pressured they would maybe have the phony excuse that the Golem would be just a mythical figure and never existed, without presenting any proof from their side to back up such a preposterous claim?):

astro_2gw_golem.26346.53736.png
(The calendar is certainly Julian, as the year is 1580, and the Gregorian Calendar was only introduced two years later in 1582.)

I presume the Mars-Uranus-Saturn conjunction was considered helpful to create new life, quite a spark, I guess, but with Saturn in the lead still confined, probably helpful to create a body that can sustain itself upright...

But in the first house maybe still more the spark, while Moon Venus in the 2nd house might be more related?

But who am I to analyze, I only noticed Vesta-Sun conjunct, wasn't the Palladium that the Vesta priestesses guarded vertical like... And Chiron, too, that would be postmodern, to consider such a mix, considering also that in Mythology Chiron sacrificed his immortality for Prometheus, hence Chiron involved in creating the Golem would make a whole lot of sense...

Any further observations, with any techniques, from any epoch and timeframe, potentially mixed?

PS: And should there be an ai.org conference in Prague, what time would be best to try to create a Golem in that timeframe?
s-rolleyes.gif

@xphi,

not even overflew your text. What fixed me was the term "Golem".

Just recounted when I was in Prague, seems it was 2015.

Strange things happened, I had definetely "karma" somehow with Prague. It was like a travel into the past. "Home", yes. But past home. Not present or future home.

The "Golem" I only knew from Gustav Meyrink, that novel, that I read about 20 years before I travelled to Prague.

But nearly instantly when I arrived in Prague and waIked through the city somehow I rembered it.

My feeling was: "The stones live". The walls, the buildings. The golem was present!

Last edited:
I had first replied in German, I guess unconsciously also because Roman H. is rather German-speaking....

So far I have only been in Prague in spring, with the sun in Taurus (first due to circumstances, then apparently out of "free will"?), what might even fit, concerning "living matter"...

Even though... (but see all what I wrote around that at the astro.com forum or on my website, where there would also be all of my post on a single page, for daring Percivals...)

And, yet, also stereotypes very much a theme around Czech Republic/Prague...

0° Aries, Spring, where the neck of the beauty is...

zodiac_260.jpg

Josef Mucha for "La Plume"...
Linked from:The Sabian Symbols Oracle

--
Ich war jeweils nur im Frühling in Prag wenn die Sonne im Stier war (erst aus den Umständen heraus, dann anscheinend aus "freiem Willen"?), was ja vielleicht passen könnte, bzgl. "lebendiger Materie"...

Wenn auch... (aber siehe all das was ich da rum geschrieben hatte im astro.com forum oder auf meiner Website, wo sich auch alle meine Posts bequem auf einer Seite fänden für mutige Percivals...).

Und doch, eben auch Stereotype ein Thema um Tschechien/Prag herum...

0° Widder, Frühling, wo der Hals der Schönen ist (und "Hals" wäre wiederum dem Stier zugeordnet):

zodiac_260.jpg

Josef Mucha für "La Plume"...
Verlinkt von:The Sabian Symbols Oracle

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I remember travelling † to Dresden in 2011 or so, and I remember that Dresden had quite a cultural unity with Prague. They weren't that far away - just a short hop over the German/Czech Republic border. But Dresden was a lot of fun ... and eating there had a distinct, ahem, Asterix feel about it. :)

† Actually organised a holiday for my then-mother-in-law. It was a surprise, especially to see a fake holiday tour package from Jones Touristik GmbH. ;)

She'd always wanted to see the Frauenkirche since its restoration, and I remember seeing why: It's absolutely beautiful, both inside and out. The story behind the reconstruction is pretty impressive, too: Many stones were put in exactly the same place they were, before the building had been bombed - and it took a feat of technical analysis, simulation and computer-aided design. Well worth the visit to Dresden, all by itself.