Mercury Retrograde

Jan Martin

Mercury Retrograde - rx#mercury

A currently retrograde Mercury may show behaviors and traits that are similar or typical to those seen when Mercury cooperates with Neptune.

If Mercury is retrograde...

Beware of:
  • purchases and sales
  • negotiations
  • agreements and contract conclusions
  • communicative activities
  • hasty decisions and resolutions
  • impulsive and emotionally driven actions
May happen:
  • faulty communication
  • misjudgments
  • telecommunications outages and computer crashes
  • technical devices and cars behave strangely
  • suddenly meeting old friends
  • topics on the agenda during earlier retrograde Mercury phases can become topical again
Preferable do's:
  • work through what was left behind
  • clean up
  • exercise patience
  • clear up misunderstandings

2023:

Start Shadow Phase
07 apr 2023 14:01 CET/S 05°50´59 #taurus (duration ~14 days)
Begin Retrograde
21 apr 2023 10:35 CET/S 15°37´17 #taurus
End Retrograde
15 may 2023 05:17 CET/S 05°50´59 #taurus (duration ~24 days)

Start Shadow Phase
04 aug 2023 02:03 CET/S 08°00´11 #virgo (duration ~19 days)
Begin Retrograde
23 aug 2023 22:00 CET/S 21°51´07 #virgo
End Retrograde
15 sep 2023 22:22 CET/S 08°00´11 #virgo (duration ~23 days)

Start Shadow Phase
25 nov 2023 13:40 CET 22°10´52 #sagittarius (duration ~18 days)
Begin Retrograde
13 dec 2023 08:10 CET 08°29´20 #capricorn
End Retrograde
02 jan 2024 04:08 CET 22°10´52 #sagittarius (duration ~20 days)

Shadow Phase ?

In around 2008, I noticed that effects from retrograde Mercury can be perceived already days before the actual retrograde phase. In April 2009, I connected the onset of the effects of retrograde Mercury with the degrees in the zodiac to which it will return during the forthcoming retrograde phase for the first time. Since then, the principle of the shadow phase has always been reliably confirmed.

Horror thread r-Mercury ... :p ;)

For me - AC Virgo - the worst times of the year!
I'm drowning in paperfloods, outside there are construction sites everywhere, the internet is down, appointments are being canceled or you have to cancel yourself, there's hardly anything more reliably annoying than r-Mercury. :alien:

And not even with the best will I can see the learning task behind!
At least its only 3 times this year and not 4 times like 2022.

I am not diagnosed manic-depressive, but if I were, it would be assured that every retrograde of mercury highlights a beginning or culmination of a manic phase.

I've long suspected it to be ado with weird ju ju that comes with having a sole sign dispositor in the same degree as mercury.

According to newspaper "Hamburger Abendblatt", by far the cutest zoo animal baby - a polar bear cub - was born at "Hagenbeck" in Hamburg last year 19th December; today it was announced in the media for the first time. Since then it has spent the time with mother "Victoria" in the cave.

Why am I posting this here? Ok, because the little one is really too cuddly, ... but also because there is an astrological peculiarity. Between Mercury's position on the birthday and today, there is the border between trine and sesquisquare, an extremely positive strong area, also the distance between Mercury and the sun then and now is equally 6° to 7°, each retrograde and still ahead of the sun; Moon squared ahead both times.

Mercury also currently conjuncts Chiron; The effects of medications and anesthesia can quickly wear off. Constellation is actually very good for analytically enlightening communication, but under the influence of the shadow phase and the then retrograde phase, valid results should not be expected. This conjunction, characterized by restlessness and the urge to communicate with the risk of getting bogged down, is still in effect until mid May; It should therefore be kept in mind because of the greatly increased tendency to make decisions based on diffuse analytics. All effects of retMer can be intensified and or perceived more intensely ...