Full Moon 4°18' Scorpio - 24th April

Penguin Trauma

The first non-Eclipsey lunation, but it may still feel like one!

It only makes one aspect, a square to the ruling planet Pluto Aquarius, and a tight orb too.

Pluto is actually quite strong even now, as it's stationing to turn retrograde on 2nd May, at 2°06' Aquarius. It's slowed to a crawl now, so the stationing effects are heightened.

We have the other ruler Mars, in Pisces, and about to make a conjunction to Neptune, which is close to reaching that 29th degree (also early May).

Mars is more diluted here, so it's hard to tap into the drive and forward movement, blurring the edges. Mars is a cutting planet, but it's hard to cut your way out of a fog!

Watch for sleep issues, lethargy, fatigue, and general difficulties getting momentum.

I think it's Pluto that is the stronger out of the Scorpio ruling planets, stationing retrograde, square the Sun and Moon.

We still have the backdrop of a stellium of Aries planets, the Solar Eclipse degree getting activated all over the place, Chiron at the forefront, and Mercury still retrograde.

Mercury is also very strong, as it will have stationed to a standstill, and will station direct the very next day after the Full Moon. And it's conjunct the North Node.

I see this as the peak of the past couple of weeks of Solar Eclipse/Chiron/Mercury retrograde activity. Here we had a chance (well, it probably wasn't an option!) to examine our unmet wounds, unresolved issues, and healing crises, and they were up close and personal. This may have brought in some intense existential crises too, Aries being about identity.

Scorpio is not afraid of looking at the raw truths, delving into uncomfortable emotions and excavating them, it's the detective of the Zodiac after all. It can scrutinise and unearth what has been buried and maybe forgotten, or suppressed.

Maybe Mars about to conjunct Neptune can be of use, going headfirst into what has been hidden, concealed, kept secret or a mystery.

Scorpio is like a dog with a bone, and is more than capable of flogging that dead horse, until the horse is dust! Scorpio is not a fan of secrets being kept from them (Neptune), even though they are happy to keep their own secrets from others.

So, if there are any Chironic wounds that are still a mystery or have remained unsolved, the Scorpio Full Moon will endeavour to uncover and excavate them, even if at all costs.

Pluto Aquarius making the square, may result in a call for extreme detachment, looking at the hard logic, over rationalising, which will be at odds with the intensity of Scorpio Moon emotions, which can feel almost like a tsunami that engulfs you. Not forgetting, the Moon is in its fall in Scorpio.

Finally, it dovetails the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, occurring just days after. Most people are focusing on the "breakdown or breakthrough" part of that conjunction. Either way, it may result in some heightened intense emotions culminating at the Full Moon.

If it's a breakdown, the Scorpio Moon square Pluto could feel almost nuclear, like the aftermath of a tornado to clear up. Catharsis springs to mind, even though it may be messy.

If it's a breakthrough, the Scorpio Moon square Pluto could feel like progress, finally something has been unearthed and illuminated to work with. Even if it means starting all over again from the ashes.

Chart below:

1713340660189.png

Last edited:
Aha!!

Ascendant on Galactic Centre, so something going on that affects us all, in various ways. The trine from Asc/Sun to IC and contents of the 4h containing chart ruler, Jupiter plus Uranus in tow in conjunction in 4h, indicates something closer to home as well, something pretty big with those two themes in play. With the monetary connotations of 1) Taurus being a money sign and 2) Uranus ruling 2h cusp, it could be something along those lines.

Also, Sun and Moon are flanking the MC/IC axis, so very much a tone of "in your face", especially with Pluto being square also to that axis.

Mercury in 3h with Neptune ruling the cusp could give rise to media blurring our understanding of what "it" is and also, Cancer is intercepted, as though the public are being shunted out of the true picture.

Worth mentioning also, not just for this lunation, that apart from the Moon and SN, everything is all bunched up in four signs - the last two Aq, Pisces) and the first two (Aries, Taurus) of the zodiac. A simultaneous dying and re-birth. That also fits with the Scorpio Moon placement.

Last edited:
Here in Northern Scotland the Asc is 17 deg Sag so makes a close but separating trine to Mercury and square to Saturn. Plus an applying tribe to Chiron and the eclipse degree… it looks quite low key in many ways but with that stationary Pluto being triggered could indicate the culmination of something and ensuing long term, slow burn changes.
Also of interest to me on a personal level is the conjunction of the Sun with my solar return Jupiter, plus Jupiter and Uranus start to move off my descendant (and so also move away from my solar return dsc which had Mercury conjunct Uranus sitting on it).
I expect the final denouement of the current work situation and an agreed way forward.
I also anticipate some additional responsibilities for me as the first of my three upcoming Saturn returns perfects a week later.

This full moon is conjunct natal Pluto in the 8th house. Definitely some changes here. We've had some struggles about money and how to use our resources.

There is a grand trine between Lilith, Ceres and Jupiter / Uranus at the same time. Had to take myself for a walk and some insights came about the situation, about how we both want to do this. I feel this grand trine can give some unexpected / out of the ordinary solutions. But when it's right, it's right.

Lilith is also in opposition to Mars / Neptune making it a kite formation.
I've began to make some decisions on how to proceed but it's not clear in the 3d world yet. Things have to play out on their own time.

Screenshot_2024-04-22-10-59-41-034_io.cordova.astromatrix-edit.jpg

Last edited:
Τhe Lunation is exactly square my husband's n Sun! It falls in his 2nd house. What is more, I have the ruler of the Lunation exactly opp. my n Pluto!
Wonderful times, we will have a good fight, sleeping problems? Certainly, afterwards! :LOL:

With the square to Pluto, watch for power struggles and heated discussions all of you who are affected! So much intensity in relationships! Spending some time away from your partner, somewhere calming could avoid arguments, I think!

After the solar eclipse being in my tenth house conjunct my Chiron (which is right in the middle at the top of my chart), this full Moon is almost exactly opposite my Chiron. I think I'm getting the hint to look more at my Chiron issues!

FM at the end of the 10th house, will exactly trine natal Mars 3rd. I hope that this will give me a health-promoting energy. Since, I still have cold and sleep disturbance.
FM will square natal Venus in 2nd house.

FM will also trine my draconic Asc and natal Mars of my daughter.
It is hard enough to have Draconic Ascendant in Cancer, which also means that the development of my soul is connected to the transits of the Moon.

Last edited:
I am having trouble to stay asleep too. Having sleep problems for some time now. Decided to do a course about sleep cycles, yoga and acupressure about sleeplessness.
This full moon hit me hard, left my feelings scattered. I really need some rest and time off. I might take the day off today. When the yin energy becomes too weak yang energy flies off the handle.

I am so so tired .. another night of little to no sleep. My body feels so heavy..and my mind can't stop thinking. I hope this is temporary, with Mercury going direct, conjunct North node.

Moonlight, in Vedic Astrology the sleep is assigned to the 12th house. In your Vedic chart there is probably sitting a planet in this house and is at the moment activated, or the Lord of your vedic 12th house is somehow affected.

Last edited:
Thanks Wanda 🙏. Could be, the ruler of 12th in vedic is Jupiter. As we know, now in conjunction with Uranus (4th house). Last night the Moon was opposite Uranus/Jupiter and conjunct Mars/Saturn in 10th.

I always react strong on full moons, and this one was also (yesterday) conjunct natal Pluto, square T Pluto in 12th. So definitely some 12th house activations. I need to make some changes, to get better sleep I suppose. I already feel that square between Pluto and Pluto for some time but now it seems magnified. Ruler of 10th house is Pluto btw.

I need to tell my employer about my sensibilities, feeling all these things, knowing stuff, but that's scary. It not very accepted so it could mean end of my contract or I will need to search another job because I can't do what my feelings say I need to do in this job. But there has to be a conversation first about it, I guess..

Edit: oh do you mean by lord of the 12th the ruler of the sign on the cusp of the 12th house or the ruler of the 12th?

Last edited:
usally (there are exceptions) we use Whole sign Houses in Vedic Astrology. which means the sign prior the sign where your Ascendent is, is the 12th house.

for example: Pisces Ascendent has always the whole zodiac sign Aquarius as 12th house.

The beginning of a sign is always the beginning of the house. and when the sign ends, the house ends too.

In Vedic Astrology are Ketu and Rahu also Lords of signs, as Co-rulers.

What Vedic zodiac sign is your 12th house with whole sign houses ?

Last edited:
What Vedic zodiac sign is your 12th house with whole sign houses ?

Sagittarius and Jupiter sits there accompanied with Neptune. With whole sign Pluto becomes the ruler of the 11th house and transits the 1st house. Whole other story then. But the ruler of the 12th stays the same.

Never known that Ketu and Rahu where co-rulers too, what do they rule?

Ketu co-rules Scorpio and Pisces.

and Rahu is co-Lord of Aquarius and Virgo.

and Moon is co-Lord of Taurus.

I look for these Lords too when interpreting a chart.

For example, my 10th house is taurus. I then look in which house is Venus and in which house is moon, they both are connected to my Taurus 10th house.

Rahu, because he is Lord of Aquarius, also is Lord of the natural 11th house.
that is why the 11th house deals also with unexpected happenings, shocks, turbulences. because Rahu has among others also characteristics like Uranus.

Last edited: