Elevated Degrees and Pitted Degrees

No exact birthtime. So noon…
Strong mercury in Virgo disposes his sun and mars.and is connected.
D Farr also mentions that a planet can shine through the pitted degree.

I also love antiscia. But how would you start to interpret them when they are in a pitted degree ? And if there’s nothing wrong with the natal position.
Hey, joken,:)
You very well know that in traditional astrology, we have to sum positives, minus negatives etc.

His Sun, although in a pitted degree, it is super charged by the conj to NN, a planet in Domicile disposes it, it gets a powerful push by Saturn trine affecting his career-Sun and Saturn involved and Saturn is in Domicile!- and who knows, maybe his Sun is in sect, angular, you do not know!
Also look, he has Mars in Gemini! Talk show, you said? Which is opposite Domiciled Jupiter, enlarging things...square that Domicile Mercury. Certainly in a talk show!
The shining from it's pit refers to the case of a planet in a pit, but at the same time Dignified. His Sun is NOT Dignified, his Mercury-and Jupiter is!-

What I mean is that the whole chart has to be checked and people say many things, but without a chart, maybe it is just noise...

Yes, think it’s a day chart. Mars as malefic of sect for sure. This year with tr Neptune square mars his reputation was under attack. Some sort of anger problems .

maybe we have to search for more charts.
nice to have you back here😇

Here is an interesting one, full of pitted degrees.and 1 elevated.
all the T square planets, apex moon , squares toJupiter.mercury and Venus pitted.

Mars is elevated. (Mars as ruler of the 6 th house, illness, and libido) d Far; Elevated Degrees, are (or rather, were) also known as "elevations", "peaks", "heights" and "degrees of increasing fortune"; planets in them are saved from detriment, changed from debility to dignity, rescued from affliction; if already strong, dignified, benefic, then their benefic influence is greatly amplified; if malefic, their negative influence is transformed into at least a mild benefic influence. its a day chart , mars is the out of sect Malefic . Jupiter is the dispositor of mars. Is not able to take care for mars because he is also pitted.
I think this mars is Still working very bad.
another example why I doubt about this theory . Besides my own 2 pitted planets where I make my living with.

Belgian serial killer who made a career of kidnapping, raping, torturing and killing girls and female teenagers. Seven years after his arrest in 1996, his widely publicized trial took place in 2004. Dutroux was convicted of all charges, along with the murder of a suspected former accomplice, and sentenced to life imprisonment.

Attachments

• IMG_0274.png
    IMG_0274.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here is an interesting one, full of pitted degrees.and 1 elevated.
all the T square planets, apex moon , squares toJupiter.mercury and Venus pitted.

Mars is elevated. (Mars as ruler of the 6 th house, illness, and libido) d Far; Elevated Degrees, are (or rather, were) also known as "elevations", "peaks", "heights" and "degrees of increasing fortune"; planets in them are saved from detriment, changed from debility to dignity, rescued from affliction; if already strong, dignified, benefic, then their benefic influence is greatly amplified; if malefic, their negative influence is transformed into at least a mild benefic influence. its a day chart , mars is the out of sect Malefic . Jupiter is the dispositor of mars. Is not able to take care for mars because he is also pitted.
I think this mars is Still working very bad.
another example why I doubt about this theory . Besides my own 2 pitted planets where I make my living with.

Belgian serial killer who made a career of kidnapping, raping, torturing and killing girls and female teenagers. Seven years after his arrest in 1996, his widely publicized trial took place in 2004. Dutroux was convicted of all charges, along with the murder of a suspected former accomplice, and sentenced to life imprisonment.
joken,:)
I am trying to make sense of elevations/pits just like you, so it is good that you present charts to study here together.

Back to the chart, his Mars is indeed on an elevated degree in Pisces, it is angular, so very active and capable to react and cause events. It's a night chart, so Mars is in sect, which offers him more authority in the chart and according to Ptolemy, it is the triplicity ruler in Pisces. Being elevated means-according to DFarr-Mar's influence in the nativity is amplified. Besides this, Mars is the leading planet in his chart, increasing it's influence in the nativity.

Mars is action, passion, is related to libido, especially in a male's chart, may be about violence too. It is said that the favorable qualities of an elevated planet are emphasized, so violence may have to be excluded.

However, although his libido is running high, both his Moon-his sensitivity/emotional reactions-and Venus-relationships, love, romance, popularity-are at pits. Venus is in domicile in Libra, but being in a pit, it appears "blocked" in her positive/healthy expression of love and exhibit of affection. His Moon is Sagittarius receives only a dignity by face, it is the in-sect Luminary, but in Sag. it is not sensitive enough and capable to "make sense" of emotions, offer nourishment and it is also maltreated by Mars. The square to her ruler is not of much use, as Jupiter is in Detriment, in a pit, is out of sect, it has no means to offer any support.

With Mars in 4th, maybe the home environment he was raised was not so perfect. Also note that Pluto sits in 10th, is the most elevated planet, it appears to me that he is obsessed with power, due to the fear of powerlessness, if his life feels purposeless then he may become overly obsessed with gaining power as a means to find a purpose. At this house, he is at risk of gaining power at any cost, so it is important to have some anchor, some core values, a set of morals to protect him against ruthlessness, cruelty, becoming tyrannical. His square from Pluto to Saturn increases the determination to dominate against others, but maybe with Saturn in Sagg. his morals/values need work to be established.

Both/either Pluto and Mars rule his ASC and Scorpio is heavily occupied involving his Sun.

So we've got an individual with increased libido, obsessed with power, needing to dominate others to feel powerful, with dysfunctional relationships-Venus-low sensitivity and emotional IQ, it makes perfect sense to me that he ended up the way he did. He would just take what he wished without a care for others, as this gave him the pleasure of dominance over others. After all, he does not really need much affection from others; this is how he was raised, a dysfunctional family.

Hi iris, i have read that if the sun is within a few degrees from the Asc at Sunrise, the light is already shining and visible so that it would be a daychart. So mars would be the malefic and in an elevated degree. It would be less bad.
The Jupiter as a dispositor in a pitter degree would not take care. But he did terrible things. All with that Jupiter opposite mars
Because his Venus and moon are pitted i could understand that he would be able to work with less justice or emotions. But having my own moon and Venus in a pitted degree i doubt

I do think that you really believe in this theory, and that s fine 👍but im not convinced. Your Saturn is also questionable you said.
But i love the way you worked out his chart. It does make some sense.

Last edited:
Hi iris, i have read that if the sun is within a few degrees from the Asc at Sunrise, the light is already shining and visible so that it would be a daychart. So mars would be the malefic and in an elevated degree. It would be less bad.
The Jupiter as a dispositor in a pitter degree would not take care. But he did terrible things. All with that Jupiter opposite mars
Because his Venus and moon are pitted i could understand that he would be able to work with less justice or emotions. But having my own moon and Venus in a pitted degree i doubt

I do think that you really believe in this theory, and that s fine 👍but im not convinced. Your Saturn is also questionable you said.
But i love the way you worked out his chart. It does make some sense.
the sun is within a few degrees from the Asc at Sunrise
I haven't heard of this, I am not a traditionalist per se, so...maybe. This means Mars is the out of sect malefic. A bad influence and I doubt that being elevated can make him behave well enough.
I've never seen YOUR chart, so, who knows, maybe there are reasons why this is so, say a Moon in Leo/Cancer/dignified in a way/well supported by it's ruler, I cannot tell. Maybe Venus is Dignified, supported and angular. Do NOT get defensive! My Venus is completely destroyed AND in a pit, almost without any support. Post your chart without the data, here, if you wish. Destroyed planets, planets in Debilities mean that we need to work on them a lot, overcome more challenges to improve the way they function. I feel that we evolve and this is seen in Sec. Progressions. For me probably the best Astrological tool.

I have not concluded on whether I follow this concept, or not; I just looking into the matter...It is good that you have presented a couple of charts. I feel that the concept of a planet being at pit/elevated degree is just an extra info, but the general chart of the individual ought to be checked to come to any conclusions, as I have pointed out in both examples, because we add positives and take away negatives. We should not miss the forest just because we focus too much on a single tree.

😘