Ceres

great topic, Samantha
I will dig out my notes for a talk I gave a few years ago - I recall the Ceres discovery chart was interesting in that she sat on Algol, at the time.

Also, there was an idea that at one point, she had been one planetary body with Pluto which, in light of the myth, lends a very different light.

I prefer analysis that comes from looking at charts not myth. Why? Guess how these names are chosen? By God? Nope. Whatever happens to be the favorite mythological names of the astronomer at the time of choosing. If people then figure that’s what it has to be then they do it as if God pronounced the name. Most times the research shows its meaning to be somewhat afield from the mythos.

But if ultimately we are all participating in the universal patterning that is itself reflected by the planetary movements, then wouldn’t someone choosing to name an object by whatever mythological name be in accordance with the universal will?

Nice thread Samantha 😊. I've never been too concerned with the asteroids, but this does ring a bell with some keywords. Although there is overlap in other chart placements and connections
#ceres#aquarius3rd house. and #conjunction#venus#aquarius. venus rules the 6th of health and 7th of partners and the 11th of friends etc.
and square the ASC/DESC with #neptune#jupiteron them.

communication is important. in Aquarius it does not shy away from difficult themes because there is a kind of distance. but it's also not a warm bond like you would have with water placements. out of sight is also (sort of )out of mind. don't see some friends for months. and hate the obligation to continuously share everything through apps. I do this on a forum with strangers.;)

Became aware in high school that i was able to exert influence within group processes. for good and evil.
A partner who needs me in difficult processes. he is not the needy type at all .
And I've also been working on the influence of nutrition or fasting on health from a young age.

Now with sec progressed #ceres in 4#pisces, i can relate to some of the keywords as well. As an addition to the base position. altough there is overlap in my chart.

Now with tr #uranus in the 6th house, when it went retrograde back to a sextile (within orb) to sec #ceres, I embraced a completely different diet. Have read a lot about it and the effect of emotions, thoughts, digestion and thermal action is strong on health.
Before you put down these interpretations i thought it was my tr pluto within active orb with a conjunction to the moon. but this is much more correct.
Thank you. I'm glad you left the mythology out.

Last edited:
I prefer analysis that comes from looking at charts not myth.
Mostly, I do too, which is why I mentioned the Ceres Discovery Chart. However, I don't discount the myths. So often, they add to our understanding of the dynamic.

Ceres 26#scorpio #conjunction #venus 24#scorpio rx in the 9h. It's the highest elevated near my MC 2°#sagittarius.
Ya, what you say about the 9h nurturing regarding study and discussion of religion/philosophy is me. And travel, of the mind - one good thing my father instilled in me was the love of reading.
You also said contact with anything deep and transforming, mysterious, is nurturing, through being in the sign of #scorpio. Yes, one with the universe and so on. Undercurrents. Who's to say what really matters. All that matters is where you end up! These are things I believe.

Ceres #conjunctionNeptune in H11

Yes, friends are always good for me and me for them
...and, I like very much to cook for people.

Transits irrilevants

Last edited:
The only obese person I know,
Ceres in Taurus conjunct Jupiter and Venus, in H2… he is Taurus too

With Venus and Jupiter joined in Taurus, Ceres is the booster: food is his greatest pleasure,
in addition to talking a lot, (he has also a beautiful voice).
The oral side is reiterated by the fact that he is a strong smoker

i know someone with #ceres#conjunction#mercury#taurusin 10th house#trine#jupiter
He writes for his profession, and is very thoughtful in it. weighs words and phrases very carefully.

actively participates on Twitter about financial decisions and has many followers
jupiter co rules his 5th house and and he supervises his daughter who is dyslexic, studies communication and has her own company in which she writes texts for social media.

Last edited:
I have Ceres in Cancer 2. House I also have an Cancer AC and the Moon in 4.House cong. to Pluto

In first 36 years of my life I dreamed to become a big mommy with a lot of children.
The destiny had other plans for me
So from the 40tees until now I served tourist cleaning cooking and gardening for them renting my farmhouse.
I

Ceres, also known as Demeter, is .....????
Ceres is a dwarf planet, promoted from its previous status as asteroid.

Conversely, Pluto is a dwarf planet demoted from its previous status as planet.

Some kind of change in the equilibrium of the Taurus/Scorpio polarity.

It also means we have not discovered a new planet in our Solar System since 1846.

Attachments

• astro_61gw_ceres_discovered_ceres_promoted.85644.267373.png
    astro_61gw_ceres_discovered_ceres_promoted.85644.267373.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 4